NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 01:32 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you be attending LRB5 tournaments?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 47 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 71

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 06:31 AM

Undisclosed
Did you get the preview copy as well?

Didn't you think that ST6 for Halfling Blockers was a little excessive?

Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 07:31 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Brian already rolled out his Galak abused this and that with the power of the Halfling team and its background ... at least he used a chair with three legs (although he and I beg to differ if they were shaped like a triangle or a line) instead of the two legged comment I just read.

Hey how did I get implicated in that comment. I get a share of the blame for stuff I didn't even comment on now Rolling Eyes And don't even get me started on the Iron Chiefs again. My "chair" was firmly bolted to the floor on that one.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 09:24 AM

United States of America
it's just an arbitrary increase in Big Guy price.

Treemen and Trolls go up 10k,
while others go up significantly more.

hmmm, why?

Treeman and Mino cost the same before and were balanced at those prices---Except on CD team...but that's another story entirely,
so the fix is to raise the price.

Treeman means more to a FLing team than a MINO to any other team...so why did it get less of a price increase than the mino? just a number pulled out of someone's butt I guess.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 10:35 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

gken1 wrote:
Treeman means more to a FLing team than a MINO to any other team...so why did it get less of a price increase than the mino? just a number pulled out of someone's butt I guess.
Just to respond to this ... the numbers were done with a math formula that was discussed on the SG forum 2 years ago and used consistently across all the Big Guys ... there was no personal opinion or agendas involved ... and the formulas were agreed to by the posters on SG at the time of the discussion of increasing the prices.

Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Canada
So I guess what Galak is saying is that there was a formula that was pulled out of someone's butt, not just a number Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 11:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Spazzfist wrote:
So I guess what Galak is saying is that there was a formula that was pulled out of someone's butt, not just a number Wink
Yup that's what I'm saying. Laughing Wink

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 04:52 PM

Undisclosed
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

You know folks ... if you are going to slam me ... it would be appreciated if you actually read the rules so that you at least slammed me for valid reasons

Galak

Umm... JOKING! Rolling Eyes

Well...I thought it was funny. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2006 - 05:44 PM

United States of America
ooohh.....let's make the formula OFFICIAL!!

that SG forum is where we got LRB 5 which is half crap.....no respect for that process.

The #'s were balanced before.....how come every player wasn't recomputed using this "formula"?

and this is the same formula where the starting price for the star player basis is differently applied to different players? I remember reading that arugment you had with someone.....didn't end well from what I remember.

angryrobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 07:04 AM

Man oh man, half of you have probably have not even fully play tested LRB 5.
The boys and i have played 75 + games, the new system has been very agreeable. Alot of things have been worked out for smoother play and the new skills are great.

Don't fight it, LRB 5.0 is the future

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:31 AM

Canada
This whole discussion is sooooo "human".

People just fear the unknown.

Changes can make a game more interesting.
I for one would like to see a team of wrestling chaos beastmen take down all of those fancy pants blocking teams!!

Variety is good.
As several people already mentioned the new rules make several teams tournament playable, which can only be a GOOD THING.

Boredom is bad.
And I am bored of feeling like I absolutely, positively, no question, must take (otherwise I'm an idiot) block skill. Block is still the best skill though.

Learning is fun.
Team/race balance is not important. The teams are deliberately not balanced anyway. If someone works out a super powered plan for LRB5 and wins with it, fair play to them. It is/was/will be possibe for everyone to do it, so it isn't unfair. But obviously we might want to prevent it happening twice Wink

But it doesn't really make much difference in the end.
I will go to LRB4 tournaments if i can (and take block x 6) but I would prefer LRB5 (and take block x3 and some other fun stuff)

AND FINALLY: TRY IT, YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
(unlike the wierd Dr Pepper at Deathbowl IV (Sorry Bryan Wink everything else was good, even my most TD prize recall, good work Rob P)

In the spirit of sharing new experiences, the Ottawa Lads (Angryrob, Anthony Times, Twodiceblock + me) are going to be running an LRB5 tournament in febuary time (subject to calender discussions with other tournament organisers).

I suggest you all come and sample the delights of Ottawa and LRB5 and then see if you fancy changing the other tournaments as well. Just try it once before you reject it.

Joe

p.s. I look forward to throwing in my two cents worth (not in england anymore, sigh) into the discussion of future editions of the rules, role on LRB69, thats what I say

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 11:11 AM

Hey what's wrong with Cherry Vanille Dr Pepper Wink

I said I'd let the people decide at the event and it was fairly clear where most of the coaches wanted to go. Well ok everyone except for Zombie Rolling Eyes It would be a shame if we lost Zombie as a casualty of LRB 5.0. For all his quirks he's still a member of the community. It's ok to fight city hall but when you're the last guy standing outside in the rain, it's time to move on.

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 05:04 AM

Kinda funny to read this in hindsight. I have attended a few lrb 5 tourneys around here and I have heard no-one complain, nor have I seen huge amounts of people dropping out of tourneys (attendances remained about constant).
Most people agreed that the game is 99% the same and the rest even said it's better with some saying it's slightly worse.
In Belgium and Holland it seems 100% clear that lrb 4 is a thing of the past for tourneys and I think that is a good thing. Goodbye lrb 4, you were a good ruleset but you have been replaced by something newer and better.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2006 - 05:40 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Chaos Cup moved from LRB 4.0 to 5.0 and we had almost 3 times the number of folks attend. There were definitely other factors that had them attend ... but the ruleset didn't keep them away as so many posted would happen.

At the end of the day ... the meeting online friends face to face and having a good time were still more important than what the rules were.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic