NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 24, 2024 - 07:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Astro-granite helps break strong bones 12 ways. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2005 - 06:41 PM

Canada
      Darkson wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
Northwood Bashing Bunnies (Shadowforge bunny team) - names are taken from mine and my fiancees kids - (she is the coach!)

That's a lot of kids! Shocked Wink Laughing

Well we are the real live Brady bunch now! My three and her three (together there are three boys and three girls) The rest of the team are named _____ bunny (e.g. Easter, Honey, Chocolate, Energizer)

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
Well we are the real live Brady bunch now! My three and her three (together there are three boys and three girls) The rest of the team are named _____ bunny (e.g. Easter, Honey, Chocolate, Energizer)

Now you just need the Vorpal Bunny from Monty Python and the set is complete! Laughing

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2005 - 03:10 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well for me, my Skaven started out as the Bloodshed Bandits then after a few years I changed them to the Blighted Bloodshed Bandits then after much thought & some advice, I came up with the current name I use for them. The Hell Pit Wildrats .

As far as other races, I was using Khemri for awhile, & they were called Settra's Tomb Guard .

For a Lizardmen team I came up with Slannchester United .

If I ever do a Goblin team it will be the Bog City Gobstoppers

My Halfling team idea is the Happy Valley Berry Boys

For Orcs the name I will use is Da Warthogz , I did however come up with an Orc name for a friend's team, it was the Waaaaaashington Greenskinz

For Chaos I helped a friend with his theme of a Damonette team called the Brides of Slannesh (is that spelled right?) If I ever do a Chaos team it will be St. Lucifer's Rams

For an Amazon team I was thinking the Lustrian Ladies of the Lake (ya I know its a bit long) But for RR counters have arms coming out of water holding swords.

I was toying with a human idea of a team based kinda on such BB teams like the Mongral Horde or the Underworld Creepers (bassically a team full of ***holes who do nothing but argue & blame oneanother when something goes wrong) I'd call them something like the Motley Clan Outlaws or Motley Clan Highlanders or Motley Clan ?

Although as far as painted all I have is my Hell Pit Wildrats too bad my painting skills or my drive to paint is not up to par with my imagination for creating the teams.

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

lamanna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2005 - 02:08 PM

Over the years I have used:

Cthrag Yaska Protectors (human) Player names taken from a David Eddings series of books.

Dragon Riders of Pern (???). Player names taken from dragon riders series by Anne McAfree.

Several Deadly Siners (Orc) Player names are "sins" Slot, Gluttony, Greed, Envy, ...

Warner Blooders (several races but most appropriate to the Wiley Skaven of the MBBL2) Players names were play on words of character name. E.g. Elfbasher Fudd, Bloods Bunny, Yosimity Slam. I often use this theme for any race since I am a big fan of WB animation.

Fearless Drunken B@sterds (norse). Players are named after Beers from around the world. Also since they are fearless I put all 11 on the line when we start on defense. Surprisingly it isn't that bad a strategy. Until you come across some leaping elves or skaven gutter runners.

Natural Disasters (any elf team I play) Players are named after natural disasters. Flood, Forest Fire, ...

Martha's Little Toys (chaos halfling strength). Players were named after kitchen utensils. There is an almost endless supply of name. Used large appliances for the Yum. Good for stunty teams with high turn over.

Cereal Killers (???). Players names after breakfast cereals. The coach has to be General Mills. Just a perfect name for a coach of a team called the cereal killers (imo).

Awesome Alliterations (Nurgle's Rotters). Players are named after TV/Cinema actors, character with cool alliterations for names, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Peter Parker, ... I try to keep with the superhero theme.

Almost forgot my current table top Chaos team the Hard Lickers (Chaos). Players named after various types of hard liquour.

I have a couple others that haven't been put into use. But plan to eventually

Car Talk (Robot). From the NPR call in show. They have a list of bogus staff positions with "appropriate" names. I like them for robots since there really are no robot positions so I can create positions. E.g. Sal Manilla Position food tester. Picov Endroppov position Russian Chauffer. Wayne Deback position Warehouse manager.

Inclimate Weather (Elementalist). Various types of weather terms, Heat Wave, Cold Snap, Blizzard, Falling Mercury, ...

Hitchhikers Guide to BB (???) Player names taken from all FIVE books in Douglas Adam's TRILOGY, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

GothmogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2005 - 03:44 PM

"Pain Incorporated" is the name of my Ogre team.

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 12:36 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
I love naming my teams...

Chaos Dwarves - Warpfire Warriors
Nurgle - Gurgling Death
and my current team...

Ogre - Kleevland Krunch

Crazy_Goblin_GirlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2005 - 01:35 AM

Ironrock Sharks is the name of my Orc team.. not terribly Orc-like, even half civilised but as my first team I say I'm allowed a silly name until I create my Necromantic team.... then it'll just get worse. Mr. Green

OddbourneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2005 - 04:08 AM

Denmark
      Quote:

EDIT: thought I'd repost my random player name generators here - cos brinkster is a pretty crap host you'll probably need to cut and paste the link rather than clicking on it...

http://www32.brinkster.com/bloodbowluk/gen.html

pretty neat lil' thingie.. Razz tried it for a khemri test name, it suggested: "Undefined Khalid" Very Happy Very Happy funny
besides that looks like you've put some work into it, collecting names and all.. nice! Smile

Last edited by Oddbourne on Apr 15, 2005 - 09:59 AM; edited 1 time in total

OddbourneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2005 - 04:52 AM

Denmark
Oooh.. as for team names I've got a few of my own to add:

The Foul Following: Chaos (started before the Rotters list was returned to life..)

The Brushwood Blueberries: a somewhat semi-succesful hafling-team

The 'Amazing' Graveyard Browns (-the roadshow-): A wicked Necro team Twisted Evil ..with homegrown Starplayer Werewolf 'James Deathfield' having secured the lead in Cas, Td's and Spp's in my league loong ago!! Very Happy

dA kOoRsE oRF dEtH: My new Orc team, which have inflicted 19 casualties in 7 games so far.. Orc Pow - Pow - Pow - Pow

.. wHOOOPS.. i FORGOT..

Nuln City BBC: Human team that gets smacked around alot!!

Last edited by Oddbourne on Apr 17, 2005 - 11:05 AM; edited 1 time in total

juck101Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 - 06:26 AM

England
My chaos dwarf league side was given a red card by the FUMBBL admin; Solid Fisting had to get mod treatment Sad

Feiss Falcons, the birthday party, the temple guards, NY giants, the ruthless ratmen assassins, funky skunky smelly green sh*t, and the four kings; all of which are a colection of stupid names.

Guess freud would put me down as a musical and cultural reference boy - not sure what he would say about me cdwards Smile

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 - 07:52 PM

My favourite name is my Orcs - Oonas Grundaladz

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 03:28 AM

My Dwarf team have resided under the same moniker since I first got them - the Runic Wonders. Best known (around here) for beating a High Elf team whose rating was over 2k higher than mine 1-0, thanks to a passing play.....

ZinakOffline
Post subject: Names....  PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 05:30 AM

Undisclosed

Well names are often the hardest part of a team for me and sometimes they are brilliant and some times dull as dirt but here a re a few....

"Nun" of Us a human team(shadowforge nun mini)
Skinkish a lizard team
The Jugges an ogre team based on the movie Blood of heros complete with a dog skull ball i made
Epicene Elves a pro elf team that had male and female members hence Epicene

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
ZodoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 03:11 PM

The Syndicate - Dark Elves (3rd ed, MBBL2), modeled after an organization of Italian Businessmen.

The Mad Cows - Minotaurs (3.5 ed), under the crazy-go-nuts Wild Animal Rules. They didn't score much.

Femmes Fatale - Amazons (3.5 ed) using Shadowforge Gridiron babes.

Low Down Dirty Ratz - Chaos (3rd ed).

Huggly Snugglies - Ogres (MBBL2), all named after muppets.

Real Geniuses - More Ogres (MBBL), all named after Real Life Geniuses

The Executives - Chaos Warrior (MBBL2), named after US presidents.

Ordinary Average Guys - Heroes of Law (MBBL2), no real theme to the name, except that Dwarves had 1 syllable names, Humans had 2 syllable names, and Elves had 3 syllable names. The treeman is Woody (of course), and the token halfling (all the other positions were maxed) is Bradford Underwood Timothy Charles Hoppenpopper. Currently the highest TR in MBBL2

The Restless Dead - Spirit (MBBL2), all named after famous dead people.

Weapons of Mouse Destruction - Clan Axme Skaven (MBBL2), haven't played this team yet, but I'm waiting for one of my current teams to implode so I can put this one out. Smile

lamanna
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 06:38 PM

If you want some help imploding one of those teams let me know. My Orcs are sitting out until the Cyborcs are added. I could bring them out to finish off one of your teams Wink

I'd like to see WMDs in the MBBL2. Twisted Evil

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic