NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 20, 2024 - 05:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You don't know Borak! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2006 - 09:50 PM

Canada
After a few weeks off the various BB forums, I am (almost) back!!! And I want to tell you that the Montreal Delegation will be boasting (perhaps) one or two more members!!!!!!

That's a lot of "ifs", but still...

Brouhaha I : 3rd place...
Brouhaha II : 2nd place...
Brouhaha III : you see the trend!

I am SO looking forward to this event!!!!!!

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2006 - 01:13 PM

United States of America
I think I'll be back this year to smack you down again Fred!

ZinakOffline
Post subject: ok  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 12:18 PM

Undisclosed

if no sticky how about a bump... and to make this bloodbowlish

WHAT???? THERE IS BLOODBOWL IN BOSTON....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 09:09 PM

Canada
Well... Disaster struck!

It is with GREAT disapointment that I have to announce you that I won't be able to make it to Boston this year...

This tournament is very special to me as I love the city and it allowed me to meet wonderful people that I really enjoy spending some time with! (Is that even a sentence? SOunds weird...) But unfortunately, it will be tough to make it fit my schedule, and mostly my wallet this year! Hope to see you guys in Montreal later this year and REALLY hope to get back to Boston, or any other tourney, as a matter of fact, soon.

A very sorry Fred Daigle here...

UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2006 - 09:56 AM

Looking through the rules posted, and looks like they have note been updated in a while. A couple of questions:

(1) Scoring for painting?

(2) Kickoff table - - are we using the 4.0 rules or the modifications on the 3.0 kickoff table as listed.

Thanks!

~Dan

Last edited by Uthrac on May 09, 2006 - 06:21 AM; edited 1 time in total

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2006 - 12:04 PM

Undisclosed

SBG ,,, Noooooo!!!!! It is a shame you will not be making it this year... what about the rest of your cartel will they be making the trip down still...we would hope to see atleast a few of you french-canadians as we love the way you talk. :> :> :>

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2006 - 02:53 PM

Canada
Loll Zinak!

I doubt that Chris and Bob will make it this year. You'll have to wait to hear our beautiful accent! Wink

Fred

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2006 - 10:24 AM

Undisclosed

How about NO!!! I will not let this happen... If it is a wallet thing then I say that you all all you bring with you shall have free space in the Harrisburg Hotel rooms,,, now this may be floor space but it will cost you nothing but the money needed to park and maybe a dinner for the folks letting you crash hehehe :> Hmm fire and Ice hmmmm. Don t let a few dollars keep you away... Again I say that you can stay with us in our Hotel rooms for free!!! what a great deal and we stay right in Harvard Square a nice 3 min walk to the tourny... What say you to this SBG???? If we don t have enough room I challenge the rest of the players to help out just the same!!!!

Zinak

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 10:25 AM

United States of America
*gasp* I'm offline for a bit and disaster hits. The Wings are eliminated and SBG cancels!

Fred if you can make it, your admission to the tourney is on me, my friend!

And before I get a rash of cancellations - no, I'm not rich so I cant do this for multiple folks Smile

Scoring for painting is in the word doc and I'll double-check the kick-off table and make sure it's online correctly Uthrac.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 11:47 AM

I don't know that I'd want to play in a tournament where painting points are included in the scoring system . . . Shocked

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 12:21 PM

I don t know I d want to play someone who holds the hobby in such low esteem that they can t be bothered to put THREE colors on their minis.

So no big loss.

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Undisclosed

Rant on

PAINTING

A portion of the tournament points will be awarded based upon team painting and presentation. Up to 10 points are awarded based on the criteria below. The official tournament judges will evaluate each team based on these 4 points and not on the aesthetics of the team. This means that any painter of any standard can gain the maximum ten points if he/she puts in the effort and follows the guidelines below. All judges decisions are final.

Based ??? 2 points: All the bases in the team, including sideline staff, are painted and or textured in some manner. Just being painted green is not enough.

Painted ??? 2 points: The team is painted. All models must have at least 3 colors on them. Undercoats must not be visible.

Detailed ??? 2 points: All models have had the details painted in a variety of colors or with noticeable effects. This can be shading or highlighting etc. This discriminates between the merely painted team and the team that has had attention paid to it.

Representative ??? 4 points: All models on the team are representative of the race and position that they are meant to portray. Extra weapons that are not part of a finished and painted figure should be removed. This does not mean that you must use official Blood Bowl miniatures. Only that an Ogre should look like an Ogre, a Dwarf should look like a Dwarf, etc

Important: In order to get the points, all models in the team must fulfill the criteria. If even one model fails, the points will not be awarded.

In reality it would take you 1 afternoon to complete a paint job that will get you all of the above points. You are jot judge on how well it is painted(thats what the painting comp is for) just that you have paint on the models. I ,for one, hate setting down a team that I took my time to paint,as per the rules tournament, to find my opponent didn t take the time todo the same. I would not even care to play such a person as painting in a huge part of the hobby... i would say even as much as the game itself. To clarify this i dont expect every paint job to be world class , i just would hope everyone would put some work into it.

Rant off

Zinak

UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 12:25 PM

bampf wrote:
I don t know I d want to play someone who holds the hobby in such low esteem that they can t be bothered to put THREE colors on their minis.

So no big loss.

(1) As pointed out, it's a bit more than 3 colors.

(2) Note that my objection is not to requiring teams to be painted, representative, or "look nice," but as a factor in the tournament scoring.

(3) Any loss of a player in a tournament should be considered a "big loss" - - I consider your attitude here quite poor.

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 12:30 PM

Undisclosed

Quote:

Painted ??? 2 points: The team is painted. All models must have at least 3 colors on them. Undercoats must not be visible

hmm 3 colors

zinak

UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 12:32 PM

Zinak wrote:

hmm 3 colors
zinak

Detailed ??? 2 points: All models have had the details painted in a variety of colors or with noticeable effects.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic