NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 20, 2024 - 05:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You're right, he does have very long legs. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2007 - 12:25 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:

Maybe have a spot at your tournies for auctions, etc...where proceeds can go to the travellers. I don't know...really just thinking out loud.

-Rob

This is exactly what I am planning on doing at the Zlurpee Bowl this year, is having several items available in a silent auction with all the money going to the US world Cup team. Any left over giveaways I have this year may be sold online with the money going to the same fund as well.

I'll talk it over with OMM, but someone should step up and get things like this organized in general so interested parties can tell if they can afford to go or not.

Reply with quote Back to top
vt_doogieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 - 09:29 AM

United States of America
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
VTDoogie-
I have no business being on the team, but I may be planning on attending. Do you know if Skummy or Dave are planning on going? Are you?

Anyone commited to going at this point?

-Rob

P.S. There are still 9-10 months to go on this, but it'll be here before you know it and whoever is going will probably want to make travel plans 2-3 months in advance. Also, if there will be some follow-up fundraising effort...maybe other NA Tournies can roll that into their entrance fee.

P.P.S. With Cyberhare's retirement...what happened to the fundraising dollars that the NA Cup generated in 2006? Brian?

No clue if any of the guys have thought about it. I'll mention it next time I see them. Not sure if they have the funds. I think I can swing it, but I normally go to VT football games and the schedule isn't fully laid out yet. If there is a conflict, then I will have to run it by the wife. If I can go, then I will definitely have to take the wife with me. Probably making it a week trip. Only question will be the who what where how....

-VTdoogie

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 - 03:01 PM

Undisclosed
All right Bryan - I'll contact each of the TOs for every North American tourney from now until October 1 to see what they can do to help the team. However I would like for you to be the treasurer of this effort. I don't want anyone suspecting I'm mixing funds when we raise thousands of dollars! How about an topic re: such on the Zlurpee forums with a Paypal button to let people contribute... you and I will have the passwords to whatever account you create and we'll go from there.

I'll put up the following at the TKC4 for auction:

complete set of BB magazines and books
Golden Goblin award winning Orc team from Budapest, Hungary

plus some other odds and ends....

Is that enough organization or what else would you like?
OMM

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2007 - 08:42 PM

I want that Orc team. Too bad I'm not going to be at the tourney. Sad

galonsoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2007 - 02:38 PM

I can go and I'd be interested in joining the team.

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2007 - 10:29 PM

Undisclosed

galonso wrote:
I can go and I'd be interested in joining the team.

best bet is to register here

http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=20

MorpheousOffline
Post subject: World Cup  PostPosted: Apr 14, 2007 - 03:50 PM

I just talked to my wife last night. I would like to go to the NAF World Cup for the US. I am not sure who is heading the team up, but I am already looking at flights and would like to book early. Whoever is leading the way here, if they could contact me, I would like more information. Also, if Allowed to be on the team, If anyone would like to split some costs with like sharing a room and whatnot, I am all for it. Expensive trip, but no problems on my end in going.

Someone please contact me via email,shennessy@wi.rr.com to discuss it. Also, in the email, if you could toss your phone number, or I could provide mine, would rather talk about it over the phone rather than emails.

Look forward to hearing from someone who is captain or leading the team or whatnot. Would like to get my plans finalized early.

-Krogenstar
AKA- Morpheous on the ZB3 site.

MorpheousOffline
Post subject: World Cup  PostPosted: May 31, 2007 - 05:58 AM

Still looking for about 2 more people to go to the WC this year. The time is rapidly approaching and registration begins through out next month.

If you are interested in going, please shoot me a PM or Email.

-Schawn

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic