NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 27, 2024 - 02:21 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2006 - 11:16 AM

England
I'm not comfortable with the armour being in reds and blacks - that'll make it look like a Khorne team...

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2006 - 01:47 PM

Canada
      howlinggriffon wrote:
I'm not comfortable with the armour being in reds and blacks - that'll make it look like a Khorne team...

I was about to argue with you, then I remember that I was thinking about the LRB 4 Rotters who didn't wear that much armour. With the LRB 5 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, they will be much more heavily armoured, and the red armour will look more suited to Khorne than Nurgle.

Maybe Rusty metal with red and black on the shoulder pads?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2006 - 04:20 PM

Undisclosed

I agree red and black will not make a good team for Uncle nurgle...

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2006 - 06:29 PM

Canada
Now if I am doing Bilerot, then is he going to be counting as a rotter, or a chaos warrior? I am not too concerned about him in terms of the red and black debate as he is mostly unarmoured (his gut protects him!)

EDIT - I'll go with #1 the team.

howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 01:35 AM

England
Bilerot should be a Chaos Warrior to me. With the LRB5 changes, Rotters look more like zombies now, alebit a mankier, more pustulant version!

I found this alternative way of painting Nurgle models - this one's 40K themed but the effect should be much the same for any other range of Nurgle model. It looks quite good, I think...

http://www.jeanfrancois.org/articles/articles_dgpainting.html

Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 06:15 AM

It doesn't seem like we can please everyone, so maybe whomever is spearheading the team this year makes a FINAL decision based on the opinions placed so far. If this debate over team colors and which models for which positions keeps going, the team itself won't be finished until 2007!

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 08:46 AM

Undisclosed

Based on the fact that I am running into my prime season at woek I am gonna have to drop out of the painting this year..

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 11:59 AM

Canada
      Rune_Master wrote:
It doesn't seem like we can please everyone, so maybe whomever is spearheading the team this year makes a FINAL decision based on the opinions placed so far. If this debate over team colors and which models for which positions keeps going, the team itself won't be finished until 2007!

So who exactly is in charge of these things? I am happy to go with the colours as shown in the article posted by howlinggriffon. I will do Bilerot up and post a pic, if people like, then we can use that as a launching point. If not approved, then I can repaint - no biggee.

howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 02:05 PM

England
Well - Milo started the thread so let's allow him to make the final call. Then we can blame him Wink

MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 10:03 PM

Switzerland
I agree Bilerot should be a Chaos Warrior.

Let's decide on this for color schemes:

We'll do the figures up in nurgle colors, as described in one of the painting guides I posted OR the one howlinggriffon suggested. I like the ease and look of Howlinggriffon's, but not everyone will have the exact paints and washes and inks that guy had, so some variance will be inevitable. Let's try to get something fairly close to the pictures from that article if possible.

Numbers should be painted in red on top of a black background. That can either be a shoulderpad painted black with red lettering, or red lettering on top of black lettering.

Paint the flag of your country somewhere on the base if you can.

Post picture here as soon as possible so that others can see them and try to mimic your colors and style.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 - 05:10 AM

Green then! Any secondary colour?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 - 04:47 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Mootaz wrote:
What injustice with the old team (didn't participate on that one but am curious...)?
The last team I helped with was sold by the winner to another of the painters the day he won it and the rest of the painters didn't get a chance to purchase it instead (ie outbid him). I haven't participated in a legacy team since then.

But Milo is a standup guy ... so I'm willing to help with this one.

Milo put me down for Nurgle Chaos Warrior with Claws (I'm thinking Edward Scissorhands or Wolverine instead of the old lobster claw) ... #33.

Galak

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Sep 03, 2006 - 04:52 PM; edited 1 time in total

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 - 04:48 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

MILO:

Please add all of the following items to your opening post on the first page of this thread ... otherwise ... chaos will reign ... and not the good Nurgly type like we want ... Laughing

Galak

Milo wrote:
Galak, I was planning to use one of the Rotter minis as my Rotter, and I know at least a couple of people who are doing Nurgle Warriors have specified that they were using WHFB minis, so I think that's already the plan. However, just to confirm:

If you are planning to paint a Nurgle Warrior, do NOT use one of the Rotter figures from the Nurgle's Rotters team miniatures -- they will be used for Rotter figures and would be confusing to have two different positions represented by the same model.

Milo wrote:
Actually, I'd like the deadline be to get minis painted and postmarked by the end of November. That gives us three months from now to do the painting, and it gives me most of December to assemble the team and ship it to the winner, hopefully so they can have it DURING 2006.

Milo wrote:
I agree Bilerot should be a Chaos Warrior.

Let's decide on this for color schemes:

We'll do the figures up in nurgle colors, as described in one of the painting guides I posted OR the one howlinggriffon suggested. I like the ease and look of Howlinggriffon's ( http://www.jeanfrancois.org/articles/articles_dgpainting.html ), but not everyone will have the exact paints and washes and inks that guy had, so some variance will be inevitable. Let's try to get something fairly close to the pictures from that article if possible.

Numbers should be painted in red on top of a black background. That can either be a shoulderpad painted black with red lettering, or red lettering on top of black lettering.

Paint the flag of your country somewhere on the base if you can.

Post picture here as soon as possible so that others can see them and try to mimic your colors and style.

longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2006 - 12:09 PM

ok green, with red and black and yucky rotting skin. I might have something to contribute, perhaps a rotter.

MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2006 - 07:07 PM

Switzerland
Updated the front pages.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic