NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 20, 2024 - 06:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Talk Blood Bowl is down. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Vancouver, BC
I have updated the CCKO, Challenge of Q`ermitt and Deathbowl websites for 2009. Some rules may need to be ironed out for them (that is up to the TO's, so do not ask me) but AFAIK little is to change, and registration is all ready.

Man, I just relised after doing all this that I host/webmaster 7 of the current 8 Ontario tournies. Not to mention designing the dungeon board for the Bongo Bowl . . . Maybe Mech. Eng. was not my calling . . .

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Torg wrote:
E don't understand . . .

Hounestly, I am suprised that the Easterners claim the recent Spike! was a failure. I guess they never looked at the Spike 2008 webpage. So I appologies on their behalf. And please guys, do some research before you claim facts on something . . . remember what happened with LRB 5?

I personally do not have a problem where it is held as long as it gets the interest it deserves. My only gripes with the Spike! was how GW: Canada miss handled the last 2 held in Ontario and, most importantly, the fact that is has changed venues (Ontario-Alberta-BC) and has had no consistent time-of-year that it is run. If these two points are made consistant than until someone fails in running it I see no need to move the tourny.

BTW, for reference the Chaos Cup has changed venue. So it is no longer in Chicago but now another 3+ hours away. And, there were a few of us planning on going until this change happened.

I am agreeing with Eric on this one. I never thought the Spike was anything less than an excellently run tourney worthy of a "Major" title. But I think the fact that there was not a great deal of chat on the forum about the tourney, and people on this site do not necessarily check TBBF as frequently, might have thought it quietly slipped away. But from all the stuff I had seen about it, I thought it looked quite well done, the fact that the tables had sheets on (they looked so professional) them and you had a projector screen was quite impressive.

I also agree to both sides about the SPIKE travelling back and forth across Canada each year, as I would love to play in the SPIKE and the likelyhood of me making out west on a yearly basis is remote, moving a tourney every year will likley create the lack of consistency tourneys need to draw in a noticeable number of coaches. So I vote to keep the SPIKE out there, until such time as they can no longer give it the proper support it requires and volunarily pass the torch onto someone else.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:01 PM

Canada
      Rug-Thug wrote:
Hi, just a thought here but why not alternate the Spike from west to east every other year? And why not hold the Spike in Montreal? It could really help draw out the Bloodbowl crowd in Quebec. I'm sure it might also attract some Americans to come play in a Eastern Canadian tournament. Last time i recall playing in a tournament with an American coach was at Deathbowl IV, which of course was held in Montreal. It has been three long years since a major tournament has been held in Montreal and I believe that the city is due for one. But again, just my 2 cents Very Happy

I was thinking, instead of having the tourney move every year, why not create an Eastern Canada satelite mini SPIKE tourney. And the two winners meet for a one or two game showdown. This may push the generosity of some people, but why not have a fundraiser within the Canadian BB community to pay for the coach of one side of Canada to fly to the other side of Canada to play the game. I would gladly house the coach from the West if he came here to cut-down expenses. It sounds a little crazy, but would give a crap load more incentive. Win the tourney a get a free round-trip flight halfway across Canada.

K, I was getting a little carried away there. But I still think the inital thought of a second mini-Spike in and the two coaches meeting for a final match would be cool.

Anways, I will stop blabbing now. Keep up the good work with the Spike, someday I will make it out there.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:01 PM

Canada
      Quote:

Thanks for looking out for me Eric, appreciate it.

Actually, I conveniently chose May 16th as the date for DaggerBowl III. I will post more about it later.

sorry Mark...meant to talk to you abou tthis first...my bad

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:02 PM

Canada
Just saw that CCKO , Death Bowl and Dagger Bowl in May are all good weekends for me...YES!!!!!

Sorry Craig the Q'ermitt is a weekend with my kids.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
      Quote:

Actually, I conveniently chose May 16th as the date for DaggerBowl III. I will post more about it later.

sorry Mark...meant to talk to you abou tthis first...my bad

No worries, I know you are used to walking all over me I figured you just assumed I would change to suit you. ;P

Worked out well actually, I am before the long weekend and you are after. Should give people plenty of time to plan to make both. Wink

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:15 PM

Canada
Should be able to make most tournies next year with the schedules posted ahead of time. I can organize my schedule around most things to come out for these, hell my girlfriend likes bloodbowl and may in fact play in the not too distant future, so I get no "stares" about going to tournies and my schedule with the kids is flexible as long as I have notice, which seems to be happening as we speak. I will most likely drive to any out of town tournies accross Ontario/Quebec, aside from the fact that my brother will have a reserved spot unless he can't attend, I always have room for at least 3 more people to come along. Have a feeling it will be a good year in '09 for some tourney action. Glad to see it Smile

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:20 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
I would gladly house the coach from the West if he came here to cut-down expenses.

Good points DR. But, I picked this one out as a great point to note. I cannot remember the last timeI actually stayed in a hotel for a tourny . . . DBIV, I think (I am not counting NBBO as I really like the camp ground and will continue to use it). And this has become a great building block for Ontario tournies: housing out of town Coaches. Always has been a great incentive for me as if all I need to worry is gas money (which tends to be cheaper than lodgings) I will usually try to make it all tournies (only missed 1 this year).

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:28 PM

Canada
This seems to be the problem Pat and I will have. We have room to put some of you guys, just not all (also depends on how many come out)....also we are trying to find a location close to downtown for you out of towners. Going to check out some hotels that have good deals on rooms and a conference room I can use to host the tourney.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:29 PM

Canada
Same here Eric, definitely helps out with costs and allows more people to attend on a regular basis as gas, tourney registration, some food/alcohol are very doable for most of us. I also only missed 1 tourney this year which was NBBO and was upset to miss it, sorry Rod won't happen again. (I know you understand my reasoning but hated pulling out last minute). Take it easy,

Adam

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:32 PM

Canada
Hey Dan it's all good man, I'm sure as long as everyone is communicating on a regular basis a few of us can crash in each others hotel rooms to make it more affordable. No big deal, plus if you have the tourney at that location it makes it easier for the drunken lot to make it downstairs for registration LOL

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 02:33 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Taxal wrote:
30th / 31st 2009

May Clash with Dagger Bowl . . . Talk to Mark D. before you proceed. Just in case.

Taxal wrote:
SO who will come and get the chance to hoist ...... THE GOLDEN SWEETBUN

Too many 'Mom' jokes so little typing skillz . . . Wink

If anyone noticed, I didn't call it Daggerbowl II because I figured why not have two one-day tourneys. Daggerbowl II will be Feb 21st. Again, will post more about it later.

Both tourneys will likely include a subsequent FIFA tourney into the stupidly early hours of the morning (luckily this time it will be AFTER we play BB, something that was not planned well in Daggerbowl I).

Why not on the 2nd Day have the FIFA tourney in teams of two (you "Mark D'Agistino" being the odd man out) Lets say final Dagger Bowl standings (1) Joe, (2) Glenn, (3) Rod, me!, (4)Adam, (5)Eric, (6) Taxal, (7) Patrick ( 8 ) Rob K

FIFA Teams for the tourney.....

Team One: Joe & Rob K
Team Two: Glenn & Patrick
Team Three: Rod & Taxal (Go Rugby Players!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing )
Team Four: Adam & Eric

The only condition I insist on is One controll style for everyone (decideded before all & any games played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , Sorry Joe B, no confusing us others with constantly switching control styles every game!!!!!!!!!!!)

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 02:46 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Maybe Mech. Eng. was not my calling . . .

Well I know for a fact BloodBowl wasn't Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rod

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frogs in the blender?  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 03:02 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Same here Eric, definitely helps out with costs and allows more people to attend on a regular basis as gas, tourney registration, some food/alcohol are very doable for most of us. I also only missed 1 tourney this year which was NBBO and was upset to miss it, sorry Rod won't happen again. (I know you understand my reasoning but hated pulling out last minute). Take it easy,

Adam

Adam it's all cool, (I may discuss a switch with Dan as far as Sept & Nov. for our 2 tournies, here in Niagara every weekend is booked solid with Softball Tournies in September (& thus many hotels are already booked!) This is not a for sure switch, but I'll let you all know more in advance in the future!

Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 08:01 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Just saw that CCKO , Death Bowl and Dagger Bowl in May are all good weekends for me...YES!!!!!

Sorry Craig the Q'ermitt is a weekend with my kids.

But with this much advance notice could you not do a switch? Take them he next two weekends after? Not trying to be pushy, but I had money betting that you would drop again in the next tourney from all the man-stench! Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic