NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 09:43 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wot no players? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 07:56 AM

Vancouver, BC
That was one of the longest "I will do it" answer I ever saw. Though the adventure of slowly working through your posts and deciphering them is half the fun.

Thanks, for offering to the the OMO.

As for the Lottery for the OMO, I would think that any OMO would bring a competitive team and the recent rise in non-competative teams used by OMO is really because the TO ends up playing and is trying not to win his own tournament (unless you are JTB, of course). But, I will keep that idea in mind.

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 09:49 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
That was one of the longest "I will do it" answer I ever saw. Though the adventure of slowly working through your posts and deciphering them is half the fun.

Thanks, for offering to the the OMO.

As for the Lottery for the OMO, I would think that any OMO would bring a competitive team and the recent rise in non-competative teams used by OMO is really because the TO ends up playing and is trying not to win his own tournament (unless you are JTB, of course). But, I will keep that idea in mind.

i used goblins as odd man out in the last two deathbowls matey!

Not my fault no one could stop them Smile
(except pat)

I was always going to play in the CCRO (sic) so not an odd man out and thus no moral issue with winning the event Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 12:39 PM

Canada
Eric,

Given my current Blood Bowl performance (which has been even worse than usual!) I will offer to be an OMO. I should also be able to be of some assistance, given that I am familiar with the tourney software.

You can accept my offer, or go with Rod's lottery which involves reading tea leaves and consulting lunar schedules, yadda yadda yadda.... I would think though that if you are going to travel from out of town, that you would want to actually play (as Adam suggested). Very kind of you Rod, and if you are still keen on being the OMO, then you're welcome to it.

Laurent indicated that he would like to come, and I have also made contact with a noob player through BOMBBL who may or may not be joining us.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Canada
Guys, if you want to make use of the software, go right ahead, but keep in mind that the tie-breakers are hard-coded in the software, so somebody (well, probably me) may need to change them for tourney. The CCKO and the Q'ermitt use slightly different tie-breakers.

The only other different between the Q'ermitt software and the CCKO software is the pitch related software for the Q'ermitt.

The number of rounds is hard-coded as well (6 rounds), so changes are required if the Canadian Open is not 6 rounds.

At any rate, if you need my assistance to make changes to the software, let me know. The sooner you tell me, the higher the likely-hood of me having the time to make the changes.

Unfortunately, I can't go to the Canadian Open this year.

Cramy

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Canada
Hey Joe, how many people were involved in creating your roster for your Odd Man Out Gobbo's? One other point is you never played me directly in either Deathbowl or you would have surely lost Surprised .

Spazz...of course you would offer your services as an OMO eh! Just so you can avoid playing me and finally rendering a decision in one of our games...which would of course be a loss for you!!! I guess that could be your exact reasoning behind it though as I know you are scared.

As for Clan Skaven's offer/author (as he likes to write books at 2am or 3am) deciphering those posts are definitely good reading material lol.

Take it easy,

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 06:09 PM

Vancouver, BC
Gents,

Not to start war but I think I will take Spazz as the primary OMO only because he is local and is free to retreat back to the real world should he not be able to play.

As for the ranking program, I am planning on using a program that I had touted a year so ago that is used for Chess tournaments but no one even acknowledged. The tie breaker is still up in the air as I am hoping to use one that the chess community uses, but I am currently researching them to determine which is best suited for us. Sorry if this goes against what we have become accustomed to over the last few years, but this is really the only chance that I can see to test them in a BB tourney. I will provide an explanation of the tie breaker when I have decided on the process that I plan to use.

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 07:16 PM

Wait Eric,

I think you should take me as the OMO. Due to my health I want to be there but if you end up with odd numbers then I can sit out and rest up. This way anyone from out of town can still play and since it seems Spazz needs all the games to practice and get better ( look at his league stats eheheh Smile ).

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Dan

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 - 10:31 PM

Canada
I second Dan's suggestion that Spazz needs all the games he can get to practice and get better!!!!! but not just because of his league stats. Very Happy

Adam

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 05:52 AM

Canada
Hey Eric. Looking forward to seeing that program of yours. Let me know once you have it all done, I'd like to see it (and maybe even steal ideas from it, with proper acknowledgements of course) Wink.

Cramy

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 06:05 AM

Vancouver, BC
      Shadowseer2005 wrote:
Wait Eric,

I think you should take me as the OMO. Due to my health I want to be there but if you end up with odd numbers then I can sit out and rest up. This way anyone from out of town can still play and since it seems Spazz needs all the games to practice and get better ( look at his league stats eheheh Smile ).

Dan

You make a good point Dan, Spazz does need the practice Very Happy . You're in as the OMO.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 06:22 AM

Canada
Fine guys, I get it.....

but can I at least go swim with the dolphins?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 09:05 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Shadowseer2005 wrote:
Wait Eric,

Dan

You make a good point Dan, Spazz does need the practice Very Happy . You're in as the OMO.

Seems that my plan is working! Lure you into a false sense of security with my mediocre league play, and then dominate in the tournament scene! Prepare to feel the pain!!! Twisted Evil

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 - 10:31 PM

Canada
LOL Spazz, of course you can swim with the dolphins!!! What is this about dominate in the tournament scene though???? Do you also have mermaid friends and play in a land called Atlantis??? When your ready to come back to the real world we'll talk Very Happy.

Lates,

Adam

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 03:08 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well Spazz if you wanna do odd man out its cool, i'd just offered to in case no locals were going to offer.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2009 - 06:53 AM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
LOL Spazz, of course you can swim with the dolphins!!! What is this about dominate in the tournament scene though???? Do you also have mermaid friends and play in a land called Atlantis??? When your ready to come back to the real world we'll talk Very Happy.

Lates,

Adam

Jeez man, I thought at least YOU would get the reference, seeing as you were the star of the TV show and everything....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic