NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 21, 2024 - 02:32 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Rat knows Borak. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tokkanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2010 - 06:04 AM

I'm absurdly new at Blood Bowl (Only had one game, Orcs against Zap Rowsdower's Elves... And he didn't have any casualties!), but I'm interested in joining!

(Odds are, I'll be using my Orcs, so I'll play with something I'm comfortable with, but I MIGHT try Skaven if I'm feeling ambitious)

And since I don't have a nice pitch of my own yet, put me down for one of the Deathbowl pitches too.

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Canada
Hey tokkan,

no worries about being new to the game, we always welcome new players to the game. I was actually speaking to Zap last night and he mentioned he knew a few guys that he had just introduced to the game. He mentioned you were going to get together Wed evenings at the GW store in Bayshore, I'll probably make it out to a few of those as well.

Playing with a race you are familiar with is definitely a good idea when starting out. Keep in mind Deathbowl is a 4 Player version of the game instead of the traditional 2 player game. I'll put you down for one of the Deathbowl pitches as well. I don't know what info you have access to with regards to rules, rosters and such but if you need any help finding anything or just have any questions in general feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer myself I'm sure I know a few people that do. Take it easy, hope to see you on the pitch in the near future,

Adam

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2010 - 07:34 PM

Canada
Welcome to this madness we call Blood Bowl Tokkan. The only thing you need to prepare yourself for Deathbowl is the serious stench that tends to follow all of us, normally starting around mid Saturday afternnon. ....LOL
Going with a team like orcs is a good idea for your first time playing in Death bowl. They have good staying power and are not difficult to play. With this year being the year of the Slann I would say try to learn abit about the Slann and how to stop them. Each year there are an average of 5 of us that bring the theme team for that year and you are most likely going to be seeing them on each table for each round.
Welcome again and good luck

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2010 - 12:28 AM

Undisclosed
      Taxal wrote:
Welcome to this madness we call Blood Bowl Tokkan. The only thing you need to prepare yourself for Deathbowl is the serious stench that tends to follow all of us, normally starting around mid Saturday afternnon. ....LOL
Going with a team like orcs is a good idea for your first time playing in Death bowl. They have good staying power and are not difficult to play. With this year being the year of the Slann I would say try to learn abit about the Slann and how to stop them. Each year there are an average of 5 of us that bring the theme team for that year and you are most likely going to be seeing them on each table for each round.
Welcome again and good luck

I think that bringing Halflings to your first Deathbowl is a good idea...

You will earn at least one award. Last place. Hazzah!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 05, 2010 - 06:43 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I don't think I'll be attending death-bowl this year......

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2010 - 08:02 AM

Canada
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude with the team that you wanted to bring you got to.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2010 - 12:44 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Even if I can go, I'll not be able to make the nurgle team, too much on my plate right now....

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

flyingdingleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2010 - 02:44 PM

United States of America

I was almost gonna make it to this. We were gonna be in NY anyway and I was working on talking my wife into a road trip, but we have family coming in that weekend now.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2010 - 11:14 PM

Canada
Too bad you can't make it flyingdingle, it is sure to be good times as usual. Hope to see you at a tourney in the near future.

With Deathbowl just around the bend I figured I would touch base with most of you. We are booked and confirmed for Oct 23-24th at the Legion as per the norm. Trophies are well underway, received a sample of the dice and they have been ordered as well. The custom boards I have been working on will be tight but will hopefully make it in time for the tourney. Rules are done and posted. If anyone has any questions at all feel free to ask, if you need a place to crash let us know as a few of us are more than happy to have you stay at our place (even though some of you smell at times...or should I say most of the time) Very Happy Anyhow just wanted to send out a heads up, hope many of you are able to make it out for this event. Talk to you all soon, take care,

Adam.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 - 05:10 AM

Canada
I mentioned before that this date was out for me, so I will not be able to make the Deathbowl this year.

I guess this is good for the rest of you, because this way it gives other people a chance to win some of the trophies! Very Happy

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 - 10:37 AM

Canada
without rod or spazz there who's going to win the coveted "worst smelling farts" award?!?!
maybe you can smelleconference in?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 - 12:42 PM

Canada
      natsirtm wrote:
without rod or spazz there who's going to win the coveted "worst smelling farts" award?!?!

Just feed Eric some of the Lesbian shwarma. He'll win that one no problem! :puke:

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 - 11:20 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
I mentioned before that this date was out for me, so I will not be able to make the Deathbowl this year.

I guess this is good for the rest of you, because this way it gives other people a chance to win some of the trophies! Very Happy

Hey Spazz, don't remember you mentioning anything before but figured you may not make it considering your going to a tourney the week prior. As far as good for the rest of us, guess we'll have to design the spoon and jackass awards for someone else this year lol Laughing (Actually I have the jackass wrong, think that went to Alex G last time, but I do remember you winning one at some point)

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 - 11:22 PM

Canada
      natsirtm wrote:

Don't worry too much about that...there are plenty who can compete in that department, myself included with the right motivational food choices Razz

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2010 - 07:05 AM

Canada
[quote="jrock56"]
      Spazzfist wrote:
Hey Spazz, don't remember you mentioning anything before but figured you may not make it considering your going to a tourney the week prior.

Yeah, it was at the end of last year's Deathbowl forum. I was trying ot give you guys as much of a heads up as possible. Guess i should have put that request in again when the new thread opened.

Oh well.

As you say though, I am going to a tourney just the week before, so I cannot be too upset.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic