NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 09:01 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dead! Dead! Dead! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Canada
Someone should clarify with Pete about this. If there are only 2 stat increases allowed that must be a recent development as I remember seeing the like of Rod's Orcs with all ST4 blitzers not long ago. It won't be a common thing because most players only have one or two within there team builds but there are exceptions. Everything else regarding team builds with the Captains and Asst Captains mentioned is correct from what I have seen.

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 05:14 AM

and only 2 stat (edited) increases for the whole team. <= this is what Pete said at the last tournament I saw him, but Pete works in mysterious ways Rolling Eyes

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 06:05 AM

Canada
This is something Pete added this year, but Laurent is right. Only two stat increases for the entire team. Which is funny because I forgot about it and broke that rule myself.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 06:08 AM

Canada
22 people signed up!!!! Thats gonna be crazy. Petes house is gonna have the man-stench for weeks.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 08:22 AM

Canada
There is also Pat LaForge, his wife and Pat Gilbert heading down.

There should be close to 30 showing up this year. Thats going to be insane.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 08:56 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Taxal wrote:
There is also Pat LaForge, his wife and Pat Gilbert heading down.

There should be close to 30 showing up this year. Thats going to be insane.

Plus there may be 1 or 2 last minute Niagara additions to the 4-5 already.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

StimmeOffline
30 Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Germany
So many potential opponents to defeat and humiliate!
Too bad it's only six matches.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
To save confusion, can the finalized updated rules for team building be edited on the 1st page of this forum?

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: LAKESIDE CUP VI - July 28-29, 2012  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 11:48 AM

Canada
      Peter_Meers wrote:
Like precedent years, it will be East vs West (coaches will be split into two teams according their destination from cobourg,,east of cobourg will be the east team and west of cobourg will be the west team)

Don't think that will be the case this year Pete. I think it will be more of a destination from each other, or the West will have a bunch more coaches and I will be forced to play two games at once. I am no Bobby Fischer here...

Peter_Meers wrote:

Most likely, the first four games will be randomly decided ( so a coach of the West will play 4 different coaches of the East). The last 2 games might be decided by the TO to have the best players facing each other.
......This is a Swiss-type tournament.......

K, hate to be a stickler, but you're contradicting yourself. Randomly decided opponents isn't Swiss-style. Just pointing this out.

Petes place is gonna be packed, its gonna be Qermitt all over again.....This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!! Bring it on West.....

delevusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 11:54 AM

Oh it will be brought!

Once I decide on my team. No Underworld in time so I will have to play a real team Crying or Very sad

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Canada
Maybe this year, the west will finally accept the East's superiority cannot be beaten....and maybe hell will freeze over and people will wear belts instead of letting their hairy a$$cracks hang out...

Yeah, I was planning on halflings, but with all these coaches I don't want to be the anchor on my team. So time to start making up rosters again.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: LAKESIDE CUP VI - July 28-29, 2012  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 12:35 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
      Peter_Meers wrote:
Like precedent years, it will be East vs West (coaches will be split into two teams according their destination from cobourg,,east of cobourg will be the east team and west of cobourg will be the west team)

Don't think that will be the case this year Pete. I think it will be more of a destination from each other, or the West will have a bunch more coaches and I will be forced to play two games at once. I am no Bobby Fischer here...

Peter_Meers wrote:

Most likely, the first four games will be randomly decided ( so a coach of the West will play 4 different coaches of the East). The last 2 games might be decided by the TO to have the best players facing each other.
......This is a Swiss-type tournament.......

K, hate to be a stickler, but you're contradicting yourself. Randomly decided opponents isn't Swiss-style. Just pointing this out.

Petes place is gonna be packed, its gonna be Qermitt all over again.....This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!! Bring it on West.....

As far as the East vs West goes, I think this year you may see a city split & a good chance it may be Niagara Falls boys who will have some players on each side since Niagara Falls is actually more east than Toronto.

& Pete Pete Pete, we have been through this over & over you knuckle head Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , just stick with the random match up lists I'll provide you, It will work our best in the end with no glitches......

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Re: LAKESIDE CUP VI - July 28-29, 2012  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Clan_Skaven wrote:
& Pete Pete Pete, we have been through this over & over you knuckle head Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , just stick with the random match up lists I'll provide you, It will work our best in the end with no glitches......

I'd prefer coaches of each to be ranked in a swiss style, so at least the winner (from the west) is not the guys that played ony the crappy east coaches... oh wait, that's all there is on the East, nevermind then Rolling Eyes

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: LAKESIDE CUP VI - July 28-29, 2012  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 02:00 PM

Canada
So? What are the build limit rules? Leathan and I cannot seem to agree. 30 players? Dibbs on a garage table. Age before stench, bitches!

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 02:10 PM

Canada
Ezzard? You're coming? Figured I wouldn't see you again until Zlurpee Bowl IX....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic