NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 25, 2024 - 10:53 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Casualty! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fuzzy_spiralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2005 - 05:00 PM

Well I have teams based on the proper NAF and then my own additions.

NAF teams
Elfheim Eagles (using pro Elves)
Chaos All Stars (Old figs - slowly being replaced by wife's scuplts)
Dwarf Warhammerers
Lowdown Ratz
Champions of Death

My teams
Xlanhuapec Salamanders (lizardmen)
Darkside Sirens (supposed to be the cheerleaders of the Cowboys gone pro, using wood Elf rules and shadowforge Elf figs)
Magritta Dolphins (halfling, human and elf mixed team with treeman - house rules based on the old Star players book - so 8 halflings, 5 humans, 2 Elves and the Treeman)
Brackenheim Bunnies (Amazon rules using the Shadowforge bunnie figs, painted purple and pink Laughing )
Doomfire Panathers (Dark Elf team)

Teams in planning stages
Dwarf Giants
Darkside Cowboys
Riekland Reavers (once new Humans come out)
Morgheim Manmanglers a.k.a the Badland Babes (going to be using that new shadowforge female Orc team Mr. Green )

"I can't believe it Jim, I didn't think the Darkside Sirens would be able to find that much elastic from their protection cups!" "Looks like they have Bob, and now they seem to be throttling the Ratz front line with it"

Reply with quote Back to top
RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 - 12:51 AM

My new Human-team name is: Raw Messiah, from a (amiga) game, SpeedBall(!) I have converted the team out of Cadian soldiers.
I also have a new name for my converted Undead Team, Army of Darkness (hard to guess from where Smile ).

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 - 09:38 AM

Undisclosed
      RawMessiah wrote:
My new Human-team name is: Raw Messiah, from a (amiga) game, SpeedBall(!)

Great game, friend, great game!
Raw Messiah, Brutal Deluxe, Turbo Hammers... gosh, I feel old! Neutral Laughing Laughing

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2005 - 02:31 AM

Aramil wrote:
      RawMessiah wrote:
My new Human-team name is: Raw Messiah, from a (amiga) game, SpeedBall(!)

Great game, friend, great game!
Raw Messiah, Brutal Deluxe, Turbo Hammers... gosh, I feel old! Neutral Laughing Laughing

I don't want to be rude but how old are you? because you can't be too old for that game!! Smile Yes, I played it LOT's and LOT's!!!! Skull

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Undisclosed
      RawMessiah wrote:
I don't want to be rude but how old are you? because you can't be too old for that game!! Smile Yes, I played it LOT's and LOT's!!!! Skull

I'm 25 Wink

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2005 - 04:50 AM

Aramil wrote:
      RawMessiah wrote:

I'm 25 Wink
25!? that's the ideal age for sending playerz off of the pitch!! Smile (erm?)

Pow *player out* "Ice Cream! Ice Cream!" - I loved that!! Smile :p Smile

Igor_TahavanaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2005 - 08:28 AM

Worcestershire
Speedball2... ah the memories. Gotta be one of the best games ever :worship:(and I had it on the C64!). Now if only they'd do one for Bloodbowl.... Idea

WolfhowlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2005 - 08:31 AM

Well, I have two teams.

My Human Team is "SunnyHell Slayers", and all the figures are Moded to look like characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel. You would not beleive how many times I was asked if I played a Necro team! hehe

My Chaos Team is "Knights of the Chrimson King", and all the names have been pulled from "The Dark Tower" Series of books by Stephen King. (All names of the Bad Guys!)

As you can see, I'm a fan of theme teams!

Wolfhowl

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Igor_Tahavanale wrote:
Speedball2... ah the memories. Gotta be one of the best games ever :worship:(and I had it on the C64!). Now if only they'd do one for Bloodbowl.... Idea
Yeah, SpeedBall definetly should get an award(!) or something.. Smile Man I used to play it so much(!)
Btw, there is one game for Blood Bowl, in a kind of 3D way. It was made by a guy who didn't finish it.. (shame!). Do you maybe know it?

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2005 - 09:27 AM

Wolfhowl wrote:
Well, I have two teams.

My Human Team is "SunnyHell Slayers", and all the figures are Moded to look like characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel. You would not beleive how many times I was asked if I played a Necro team! hehe

My Chaos Team is "Knights of the Chrimson King", and all the names have been pulled from "The Dark Tower" Series of books by Stephen King. (All names of the Bad Guys!)

As you can see, I'm a fan of theme teams!

Wolfhowl
Hey, soundz great! I really like when players (in any game) make themez!! I myself am one day going to make Ash from Army of Darkness my leader for my converted Undead team (made from Warhammer Skeletons, Zombies, Wights, and two mummies from Hero Quest).
Would it be possible getting some pics here or e-mail? I would love to see your themed-teams.

Igor_TahavanaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2005 - 12:24 PM

Worcestershire
RawMessiah
      Quote:
Btw, there is one game for Blood Bowl, in a kind of 3D way. It was made by a guy who didn't finish it.. (shame!). Do you maybe know it?
I think it was Bloodbowl Alive if I remember correctly. I couldn't get the thing to run on this system, it needs a much older one and I couldn't be bothered with downloading all the bumf to get it to work. Laughing

Team wise, I've got
New Moria Giants - Dwarf
Menzoberranazan Doom spiders - Dark Elf
Krimson Death - Chaos
Da Skullsmasherz - Orc
Storm~Peak PlagueRats - Skaven
...and about 4 more on the way... just need the time yo play 'em! Crying or Very sad

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 02, 2005 - 12:14 AM

Igor_Tahavanale wrote:
RawMessiah
      Quote:
I think it was Bloodbowl Alive if I remember correctly. I couldn't get the thing to run on this system, it needs a much older one and I couldn't be bothered with downloading all the bumf to get it to work. Laughing

Team wise, I've got
New Moria Giants - Dwarf
Menzoberranazan Doom spiders - Dark Elf
Krimson Death - Chaos
Da Skullsmasherz - Orc
Storm~Peak PlagueRats - Skaven
...and about 4 more on the way... just need the time yo play 'em! Crying or Very sad
That's a lot of teams to be honest. Smile Which team do you find the most interesting one to play with?

Igor_TahavanaleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 02, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Worcestershire
      Quote:
Raw Messiah - That's a lot of teams to be honest. Which team do you find the most interesting one to play with?

Well New Moria won 6 out of 7 of our majors, and won about 90% of their matches, so I obviously liked them alot Very Happy

I hate the Doom Spiders, the bleendin' things are cursed Skull <1-skull-skull-1-1-1-1-1-1-skull-skull-skull-6(!!!)-1-1-1-1-1-skull-skull>

Loving my Orcs, they're about 210TR now, so they're starting to punch their weight.

Chaos are pretty good too. I have a Minotaur with Block/Claw (and so obviously mighty blow on Inj), add horns and frenzy in to that and most teams in out league refuse to go near him Twisted Evil

Storm~Peak are quite new and something different. I like them, they're my best shot at getting my TDs off the track.

Probably Orcs and Chaos (you just gotta love Vorg Bloodhorn Twisted Evil ) top teams at the moment, even though the ratties are doing best in the league. Go figure.

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2005 - 12:08 AM

I have once or twice started a Dark Elf-team and it's difficult, but that was when the rules were still 'old'. To be honest, I haven't played with the new rules, and as it looks casualties are not everything so "weaker" teams do have bigger chance of developing.

I was thinking, after having done my first ever Human-team (out of cadian troops), I'd make a Snotling team Smile just for the fun of it, 'cos Fanatic Magazine had rules for them Smile

Well, my other teams I've played with are: Orcs, Undead and Chaos. I love the Orcs(!) and also the Undead, of course (argue against and you'll end up hexed!). Smile

WolfhowlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2005 - 02:03 AM

RawMessiah wrote:
Hey, soundz great! I really like when players (in any game) make themez!! I myself am one day going to make Ash from Army of Darkness my leader for my converted Undead team (made from Warhammer Skeletons, Zombies, Wights, and two mummies from Hero Quest).
Would it be possible getting some pics here or e-mail? I would love to see your themed-teams.

I think that can be done, give me some time to get the pics done for the SunnyHell Slayers.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic