NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 02:04 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This is Blood Bowl, buddy, anything could happen. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Canada
Stars don't have the Loner trait? Was it like this last year? Can't remember.

Cramy

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 03:38 PM

Canada
These are exactly the rules from last year.

There seems to be a dividing line between people who like the rules and don't like the rules. But the common ground seems to be that people do not like the idea of the star players being allowed to gain more skills as the tourney goes on.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 08:45 PM

Vancouver, BC
My overall opinion is that the 'Bidding Wars' does not detract or add anything to the tourney as it all ready has much to offer. Although, that is not to say it is not a interesting idea. I participated in it in the past and will again, if it suites my team and playing concept.

Though, allowing Star Players to gain skillz later on does seem to make them over powered as they already lose the Loner trait and they can [theoretically] be purchased at a reduced cost. If you keep in mind the league rules of increasing SPP's for skill increases for established players it would lend itself to 'balance' to disallow increases to Star Players. This would cause coaches to build around a Star rather than depending on him. Though I will agree that basing your whole strategy on one player is stupid as they could be SI'd in one shot, thus crippling the team. But, it could act in the reverse by giving a huge advantage to the coach who works out the right skilz for their star.

In any case, like I said: I think it is a fun idea and I will participate in it [if it suites my needs]. But, in the end you are gaining nothing by having it and losing nothing if you drop it.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 09:11 PM

Canada
Keep the dicussion on this coming. I may start another thread and open the idea to a wider audience.

But let me remind you all that there is an award for the best Smack Talk as shown here! It's awarded for style, creativity and frequency, and pretty much for whichever one makes me laugh the most!

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 10:50 PM

Vancouver, BC
«START OFF TOPIC»

Just to let you guys know that now that I am a Kitchener resident I pickup the magnets we use for our minis straight from the distributor and not have to pay for shipping. So if you are interested in getting some let me know and I will do a bulk order and bring them to the Q`ermitt.

The info for the magnets are here (along with anything else you may be interested in): http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgnts/Nd-small-disc-magnets.html

If I recall correctly, I typically use the D3 (3mm diameter) for the bases and the D5 (diameter) for the balls. They will not stick a miniature to a metal sheet but they will keep miniatures from being attracted to each other while on the pitch.

«END OFF TOPIC»

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 - 11:05 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Spazzfist wrote:
Keep the dicussion on this coming. I may start another thread and open the idea to a wider audience.

But let me remind you all that there is an award for the best Smack Talk as shown here! It's awarded for style, creativity and frequency, and pretty much for whichever one makes me laugh the most!

«image remove»

Well, I think you have more modeling for that trophy as it requires a tongue stud to truly represent the next, and reigning, recipient of that award. The stunty cup was only a warm-up to the can of whoop-arse that I have been carrying in my back pocket for all those who stand in my way. The Meeples® were just the vanguard to the invading army that will descend upon the Multiverse as part of the steady march to the Q`ermitt temple. And once there I will grant you all witness to my splendor as I sit upon the throne, resting my feet on the bodies of all who have fallen before me.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 06:59 AM

Eric.R. wrote:
And once there I will grant you all witness to my splendor as I sit upon the throne

lol, it's funny when you said that, because in french that could mean you want to take a $hit the door open so everybody can witness you Very Happy

I'll be glad to make it, I have a couple of revenge to take (well, when I say a couple, It's actually against ALL my oponents of the last week end, except my dear beloved driver : peter-thanks-for-being-worse-than-me Very Happy )

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 07:02 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
And once there I will grant you all witness to my splendor as I sit upon the throne

Lizardcore wrote:
lol, it's funny when you said that, because in french that could mean you want to take a $hit the door open so everybody can witness you Very Happy

Knowing Eric, that just might have been exactly what he meant.....

<shudder>

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 08:10 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Eric.R. wrote:

Lizardcore wrote:

Knowing Eric, that just might have been exactly what he meant.....

<shudder>

Well, as I am very aware of the expression that Lizardcore pointed-out, I'm chosing that Eric was talking about going to the can and have everybody watch him. I'll hide behind Spazz so that I don't have to witness any of it. I'll bring ear-plugs too just in case ...

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2009 - 08:55 AM

Canada
Forget the ear plugs! Brin nose plugs! That boy was rank this past weekend! Shocked

Da5idOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Canada
rumours of a rat horde emerging out of niagara have prompted the warpskags to start the breeding process of a giant skagsquid with one of their most promiscious bulls

2016 Canadian Open Most Kills
2016 Foul Frenzy VI Most Kills
2016 GLAM stunty cup
2015 Orion Cup Champion

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 27, 2009 - 10:12 PM

Vancouver, BC
Bah, rat horde!! That does nothing to scare me . . .

I had a phone conversation with Q`ermitt, himself. Not about how I am going to own [which is obvious], but rather it was on a more personal level. Here is a a portion of it:

what up dawg, what you been up to
Oh yeah, well that's cool, check it out;
me and you, we been down for a while right
we been here and there, we been pretty tight
somethin happened last night that you might get upset about
but hear me out, I didnt mean nothin by it, I'm gonna make this quick;
I gave your momma this d!ck . . .

Thats right!! Imma not only own the tourney, but I just owned Q`ermitt himself!! There shall be no quarter in this tourney. Even the divine Q`ermitt is not immune to my skillz on the pitch . . . and the boudoir.

The line as been drawn!! Any who dare to pass, shall fall at my feet, and the many Spoons I have amassed over the years will be put to good use as I feed y'all a hearty potion of humble pie.

Peace!!!

DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2009 - 04:35 PM

United States of America
Eric, you so remind of the baby on Family Guy. Of course, he never gets his way either.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Canada
      DarkOrk20 wrote:
Eric, you so remind of the baby on Family Guy. Of course, he never gets his way either.

That is prettty funny mr DarkOrk!

I always thought Eric's head was reminiscent of a football.....................

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject: freedom....well somewhat  PostPosted: Mar 29, 2009 - 03:41 PM

hey everyone, I am still alive and now online.

Just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has sent me "get well soon" and words of encouragement. I will not be attending the Q'ermitt as I will either be in rehab or still in the hospital awaiting transfer to rehab. I have no ideal when i'll be able t attend a tourney again but I am shooting for Deathbowl in october. We shall see if its realistic but eh...got to have a goal right.

Anyway thanks to everyone and best of luck to all during the rest of the tourney season.

Dan

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic