NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 22, 2024 - 08:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Collar Bone! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 07:52 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

gken1 wrote:
yeah, cuz 22 and 18 are great numbers for a major.....
Then you run it Ken because like it or not the best time to move it to would be June which I cannot do because I'm out of town the entire monyh.

I cannot do President's Day because I work 80 hour weeks in January and February.

I won't do late July or August because its too close to GenCon and if anyone really believe that folks would give up the 4th of July to attend a BB tourney if they have family they are nuts.

I run the South Bend Slaughter tournament in May and thus I'm not willing to move it to their either.

I'm not saying you don't have valid points but the bottom line is that the timing of the tournament works best with what I have available.

Basically I could run the Chaos Cup in late March, early April, October, or early November. Outside of those time periods I cannot and right now the Chaos Cup is my tournament to run. You don't like the date, then you arrange the tournament.

Sorry for the tone back, but Ken I already stated why I cannot move the tournament to the dates that you want and to beat me over the head about it after I state those reason is just kicking a dead horse.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:01 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
We need to just set the date for one weekend, it's in a year.. if people cannot get off work, that's too bad. I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but why work around one person's schedule? gken, I'm sorry if you are unhappy with the date being set.. but why make everything try and change so it works out for you? (That's a little selfish, don't you think?)

Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:02 AM

Carol Stream
      Quote:
If you schedule it.. they will come.

I agree.

Quote:
yeah, cuz 22 and 18 are great numbers for a major.....

That's a little harsh.

No matter how much you can try and change things to gear towards a few people that doesn't guarantee a better turn out. By changing the date you may get some more people who can make it on that day, but at the same time lose some people who would have been able to make it in early November. People do have lives outside of Bloodbowl and there will always be factors that can cause them not to make it. A good example would be last year when you were one of the people who voted on that a two day tourney would be draw a bigger turn out than a one day one, but you were not able to make it this year - and the fact is that there was a slightly smaller turn out as well. Do not take this the wrong way. I'm not ripping on you or saying anything bad - just that the point is no matter when it is, personal family matters will always take priority over a board game. I plan on making it next year, but I would have to miss it if for more important family or personal reasons.

That said, I think things like promoting it better and making it known about the things Tom brought up (about prizes and the discounts for bringing more coaches) will make for a better turn out next year regardless of dates chosen.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:02 AM

United States of America
do Mid JULY!!! ONE MONTH IS ENOUGH ROOM BETWEEN GenCon and the proposed time.

I would run the tourney with BAMPF in BALTIMORE if I could. Logistics don't permit me to run a tourney in Chicago and you know it Tom.

Sorry, you haven't drawn the out of state crowd yet in two years. So you should change the time it's run to get a better draw.

I'm sure you could set up the date in June for GW. I'm supportive of you for what you've done but the US major isn't producing. I think with the rules already set up and the backbone behind the Tourney there, it doesn't have to be you running the tourney. If a tourney in June could draw 40 and a November tourney draws 25, it seems that the June tourney would be the time to have it, even if it meant that you weren't running it.

I'd like to see the bloodbowl major suceed in the US instead of being the butt of many jokes.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:05 AM

United States of America
      Alkaline13 wrote:
why make everything try and change so it works out for you? (That's a little selfish, don't you think?)

I'm not changing it for me, I will be in a Navy school at the time and will most likely not be able to get the time off. I'm trying to make the CC not be the butt of tourney scene jokes.

The Chaos Cup has had the best prizes of any tournament out there yet still no draw. It's been scheduled for the last two years yet not enough peopl come so the "schedule it and people will come" is a bunch of crap.

Fact is the last Chaos Cup held in the summer out drew both of the last CC combined.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:09 AM

United States of America
I plan on making it next year .

also I did vote for it to be a two day tourney. 4 games in one day is rough. I was planning on attending this year but the wife nixed it on me, plus me attending would've only boosted it to 19....

would you be attending it if it wasn't in Chicago? I haven't seen you at any other bloodbowl tourneys?

Yeah it's convienent for you because its in your back yard.

The bloodbowl tournies are made off of the people who actually travel to to the tournies. That's how you get the big tournies. Otherwise the Chaos Cup will continue to be Chicago's Big Local Tourney instead of the United States wide MAJOR its supposed to be.

Last edited by Hoshi_Komi on Nov 14, 2005 - 08:29 AM; edited 1 time in total

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      gken1 wrote:

I'm not changing it for me, I will be in a Navy school at the time and will most likely not be able to get the time off...

It's been scheduled for the last two years yet not enough people come so the "schedule it and people will come" is a bunch of crap.

Wow.. it's good to know that you are behind the hobby. You are a very productive member of this forum.. I can tell that already.

Listen, please don't rip on ideas being thrown into the mix. I don't know why you are making such a big deal if you can't even go.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:14 AM

United States of America
http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=gken1

looks like I have been to a few tournaments and know what I'm talking about.....

I've travelled to England, Canada, down to Florida, Flew to the first CC from Hawaii....so I think I know what it takes to attend a tourney and what would bring me to one. And I'm the type of bloodbowler the Chaos Cup needs to draw to be successful.

I support the hobby significantly. I support alot of tournies. The Chaos Cup is one on the size of a Local tourney not the Major that it's supposed to be.

I haven't seen any ideas thrown out except mine. I'd like to see more people attend this tourney. I have guys in my league right now who would go to it if it was scheduled at a better time.

And if my league is a microcosm of other leagues, then you'd see more people. You need to look past your nose and see the big picture of the tourney scene.

Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 11:54 AM

Carol Stream
      Quote:
would you be attending it if it wasn't in Chicago? I haven't seen you at any other bloodbowl tourneys?

Yeah it's convienent for you because its in your back yard.

I was only making a point, not ripping on you. My point being even if they changed the date doesn't gurantee that you (or anyone else) could make it then. You can not cater to everyone for an event - a date should be made and you go with it. True, I don't get to travel as much as I'd like to attend all these other tourneys farther away due to family reasons.I don't have the resume of NAF games you have played, but I attend what I can and am happy with that. I'm not out to win any popularity awards.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:15 PM

Aurora, IL, USA
      gken1 wrote:
http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=gken1

looks like I have been to a few tournaments and know what I'm talking about.....

Actually, it just looks like you are an asshole. Don't be so condescending. We are all here to have fun.

majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:17 PM

United States of America
Timing of the CC has been perfect, except for year 1.

basically bringing it even closer to Gen Con will absolutely prevent me from going to both

BBC Lockerroom

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:24 PM

United States of America
      Alkaline13 wrote:

Actually, it just looks like you are an *censored*. Don't be so condescending. We are all here to have fun.

I never ripped you, yet you resort to calling names....pah.

you've slandered me twice in one page.....

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:29 PM

United States of America
      Alkaline13 wrote:

Actually, it just looks like you are an *censored*. Don't be so condescending. We are all here to have fun.

Skull

Yeah, your post was in the spirit of fun.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:29 PM

United States of America
      majortusk wrote:
Timing of the CC has been perfect, except for year 1.

basically bringing it even closer to Gen Con will absolutely prevent me from going to both

come on Andy. I've played you at both CC's and had fun both times. I actually came out to Gencon this year, hoping to see you again. I think you said the price was too high for the event (which I agree). After attending Gencon and bloodbowl only tournies, I prefer the bloodbowl only tournies. Gencon will always be the #1 US tourney though just due to the size of the con and Tom's hard work at going to it.

Well, I've stated my case and I really don't see why the locals are so against a different month. The only arguement from others outside of tom I've seen is, "schedule it and they will come". It's been scheduled before....and they HAVEN'T come.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:30 PM

Aurora, IL, USA
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic