NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 04:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You don't know Borak! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 12:33 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Well I say F**K the STAR PLAYERS Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
My Lizardmen with thier "NO OFFICIAL" Star Players will still prove to be a team to be challenged Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation (just like that simply amazing team the "2006 SPIKE Champion , Hell Pit Wildrats..... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )

Rod

(Screw Star Players) LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 05:59 AM

Canada
God help us all, if Rod actually wins this thing..... Rolling Eyes

Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 06:47 AM

Canada
Got final approval for the 19th-20th. Can't wait.

And the Spoilers don't plan to bring any stars. Bring it on. Smile

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 10:59 AM

Canada
When people are creating teams for this, remember that the only way that you are going to get more than two skills/increases on one player is if he is a named Satr Player. Any players purchased during team creation that you then add skills two may only have a maximum of two stat increases, skills, or combination of the two.

Just making it clear so there is no confusion.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 06:23 PM

Vancouver, BC
Here is a good question (or maybe a stupid one . . .):

Can a team bid on a Star Player that they cannot take with his team? This may seem idiotic but think about this: you got outbid on the player you wanted so to screw over someone else bid on one of their wanted players. I doubt this may happen BUT as a 'bottom-feeder' player I know since I have little chance of winning so why not screw one of the top guys just for sh*ts-and-giggles?

What is your rulling O' supreme one? :p

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 06:33 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:

Can a team bid on a Star Player that they cannot take with his team? This may seem idiotic but think about this: you got outbid on the player you wanted so to screw over someone else bid on one of their wanted players. I doubt this may happen BUT as a 'bottom-feeder' player I know since I have little chance of winning so why not screw one of the top guys just for sh*ts-and-giggles?

that is just going to get messy!!!

I think if you bid for a player and win but you can't field him under the rules you should just lose the money! Very Happy Laughing

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 06:46 PM

Vancouver, BC
Which is y I posed the question.

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Canada
You lose the money, and the star can't play for anybody? That would be funny (as I'm not planning on using any stars). The loser ends-up being the person who one the bid, as he loses his money ... Smile

Cramy

ChairfaceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 10:19 PM

Canada

Craig, can you send another email out with the revised date and the new rules? I'd like to pass it on to my friends.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2008 - 04:01 PM

Canada
      Chairface wrote:
Craig, can you send another email out with the revised date and the new rules? I'd like to pass it on to my friends.

Sorry CF, not ignoring you, just wanting to get the rules finalized before I post anything about them.

Could you please PM me with where you would like the rules to be sent?

Thanks,

Spazz

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2008 - 04:07 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:

Now you, Eric, I have been ignoring! Razz

To answer your question, you may not bid ona player who cannot be on your team. The bidding war is meant to be quick, so that we can get onto the games. I do not want to waste time with people out for sh*ts and giggles trying to screw someone over in the bidding war! I know you like to get your jollies where you can, but in this case it's a no go.

On another note, I have been working hard on getting stuff together for some really sweet trophies (what can I say, I was inspired by the CCKO!) and generally getting my sh*t together for this one! Big thanks to Cramy for putting together an excel program to figure out all the rankings, match-ups etc. He is even making it so that it tells players what boards they will play on (so that you never play on the same one twice)! And of course a big thanks to Eric, who we should buy a top hat and monocle, as he has a monopoly on the all the BB websites for Ontario!

I am getting really excited about this one, and gearing up for the best Q'ermitt ever!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 08:58 AM

Canada
I am wondering whether anyone from Ottawa can give me a better sense of who is planning on coming out? I know of the following people: Cramy, Notorious JTB, TwoDiceBlock, AnthonyTimes are pretty certain. ?I also heard that there is a strong possibility of Eggball and Alexxx coming out. Is there anyone else that is coming? Glenn's brother?

I just want to get a better sense of numbers as I need to start investigating an alternative space if I get many more people. Not that I am complaining mind you! Smile

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 09:23 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
I am wondering whether anyone from Ottawa can give me a better sense of who is planning on coming out? I know of the following people: Cramy, Notorious JTB, TwoDiceBlock, AnthonyTimes are pretty certain. ?I also heard that there is a strong possibility of Eggball and Alexxx coming out. Is there anyone else that is coming? Glenn's brother?

I just want to get a better sense of numbers as I need to start investigating an alternative space if I get many more people. Not that I am complaining mind you! Smile

I think Dwarfrunner is planning on attending.
I don't know how many are definites yet.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 10:33 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I think Dwarfrunner is planning on attending.
I don't know how many are definites yet.

No, unfortunately, when I had to change the date, Dwarfrunner was not able to make it.

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2008 - 11:14 AM

Canada
I talked to Eggball, and he is coming. Dwarfrunner is out.

Joe, Chris and I are registered, so I'm assuming that we're definites. Smile Eggball, yes. Haven't talked to Glenn or Alex. Francis had mentioned that he would maybe come. Need to talk to him to see if he is still interested. So could be up to 6-7 people from Ottawa.

Before renting an alternative place, keep in mind that some people are likely to drop-out at the last minute due to unforseen circumstances ...

Cramy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic