NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 11:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Where would we be without Mungk? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2009 - 05:35 PM

Canada
Another CCKO gone and of course a total blast was had by all I am sure. Congrats to all the winners. A big thank you to all my opponents, as always you all make it an excellent and enjoyable time to have. To Joe and Glenn, thank you again for puttin gon this awesome tournament. See you all soon.
Taxal (goose as Craig puts it, Dan Cha-pu as Joe puts it)

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Canada
Thanks tgo all for the CCKO experience! Thanks to Joe and Glenn for putting on a good show (as always) and thanks to Pat for giving me the besxt laugh of th weekend with his swearing at Tom Cruise at the top of his lungs when his dice failed him! Laughing Laughing Not to mention that he swallowed the dice when it rerolled the one! Laughing

Good times!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Last edited by Spazzfist on Jan 26, 2009 - 03:15 PM; edited 1 time in total

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2009 - 08:11 AM

Great tournament guys. I want to thank Joe for a well run tournament and Glenn for giving up his bed for my poor injured body. Most of all I want to thank everyone there ass you all help me out with getting me items, food, drinks and also getting around.

It just proves that the bloodbowl community is not just people getting together for a tournament and only cares about winning ( like some fantasy and 40k tournies I have attended) but it is more like an extended family where we care and help each other. Again thank you all and hopefully I will have full use of all my body at the next tourney.

I had a great time and seeing all of you helped my recovery process.

See you all soon.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:14 PM

Canada
Did Pat actually swallow the dice? Laughing

Amazing fun, great to see everybody again. Looking forward to the next tourney.

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2009 - 03:16 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Did Pat actually swallow the dice? Laughing

Yup! With a beer chaser! Laughing

We joked with him that when he craps it out he will look in the toilet to find the dice floating in a turd with the "1" facing him! Laughing Laughing

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2009 - 07:59 PM

Canada
HAHAHAHA!!! That is too funny Spazz, classic! Still can't believe he swallowed the dice I've seen plenty of reactions to bad dice rolling mostly involving throwing them somewhere but eating one is definitely new LOL Very Happy Great times as always Gents, thank you to everyone involved, love the comraderie of the tournaments.

I would also like to second what Shadowseer2005 aka. Dan was saying as well. Just glad you were able to make it out Dan, wish you good luck with everything going on with your back and hopefully you will be able to get that rectified sooner than later. Take care man. When it comes down to it that is what brings people out to tournies, I count a lot of you friends now who I didn't even know a year ago. If I had known how fun the tournament scene was I would have been playing years ago but just glad that it has seemed to blossom over the past year and a bit. Just my 2 cents worth anyway,

Take it easy all and hope to see you at a tourney soon, lates

Adam

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2009 - 07:21 AM

Canada
Good job Joe! I see that the rankings are up already for the tourney! A+ for speed!

[I am more than a bit dismayed, however to see that my necros ended up with the same record that my halflings did at the Deathbowl a few years back! Sad Oh the humanity! But I have to say that any of the games (with the exception of the last one), really could have gone either way and I could have tied or won if my luck was a bit better. I know it is a poor coach who blames dice, so me a poor coach then! But honestly, I thought that "7" was the most common number rolled on two dice, not "4"! I rolled a crazy amount of 3+1, and Marc Andre noticed at least four doubles 1's on our game. <sigh> Nuffle hates me.....

But I did enjoy playing the necro, so people can expect to see me with them again at another tourney! Maybe with a bit of luck those wolves' claws can start breaking through some armour! Smile

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
stats are in.

The winners of the trophies were:
    1st = Rug-Thug (repeats as champion)
    2nd = Shadowseer2005 (despite injury)
    3rd = Bellowthunderslam
    Most TDs = Peter_meers
    Most CAS = Bellowthunderslam
    Most Improved = Bellowthunderslam (spoon last year)
    Best Team = eggball (lovely slann conversions)
    Most Sporting = dwarfrunner (i did not get a vote on this grrr)
    Brass Ass = anthony_times
    Spoon = eggball

What are you saying Joe? That I didn't deserve it, I am only an ass to you, everyone else I love playing. You just like to dish it out, but can't take it back. Wuss.

Great job to you and Glenn, awesome time. And thanks to all my opponents for some great matches. I have to agree with Dan and Lil Pup, the tourneys are just as much about seeing and catching up with friends as they are about playing Blood Bowl, and that is what makes it so fun. Obviously winning makes it more enjoyable, but that I have yet to prove (ugh). See everyone soon, and rest assured, no more Dwarves or Wood Elves for me.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic