NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 10:17 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Deathwing is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject: Khemri Mummy With niggling  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 09:04 AM

I am curious. We are early in our league (3 games) and I have a mummy who has all ready received a Niggling. My Roster looks like this.

Mummy Regenerate= Mighty Blow, Block
Mummy Regenerate= Mighty Blow, Block, Diving Tacle
Mummy Regenerate= Mighty Blow Str +1, Multiple Block
Mummy Regenerate= Mighty Blow (MR NIGGLING NO SPPs)
Blitz Ra Rgenerate= Block
Blitz Ra Rgenerate= Block
Throw Ra = Sure Hands, Pass, Dodge
Throw Ra = Sure Hands, Pass, Accurate
Skeleton = Regenerate, Guard
Skeleton = Regenerate
Skeleton = Regenerate, Dirty player
Skeleton = Regenerate
Skeleton = Regenerate
Skeleton = Regenerate

3 Rerolls
10 FF

My question is this. The 1 mummy who has a niggling injury is about to miss the next game plus he will be rolling for that one for the rest of his life. I have 110, 000 grand in my treasury which I was wanting to get another Reroll. Triing to get to 7. Should I retire him and purchase another Mummy to replace the guy so I will not be out a mummy next game and not have to worry about nigglings or should play on with him and go for th rerolls?

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 09:40 AM

I'd keep him and purchase the reroll after the next game. When he returns, leave him on the LOS until (a) he takes another beating or (b) you have enough money to replace him and don't need anything else.

-Chet

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 10:02 AM

England
Fire his ass, he's just dead weight next game and damaged goods from then on. I personally hate having a player with a niggling injury on my roster and get rid of them ASAP, especially if they have no SPPs and its a very important position player. You need your Mummies so this guy's got to go.

I think the 4th RR can wait a few games, it's certainly not as important as having a fully healthy Mummy.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 10:17 AM

Thanks that is what I was thinking. The guy I was playing had 2 Dark Elf Assassins (with knifes, Diving Tackle, and pro) and gutted him. Luckly it was toward the end of the game. Sad I did get my revenge though. Mummy #1 KILLED that assasin out right. nothing like rolling box cars. Smile

When the game was over he had 1 assasin and 2 others on the field. Of course I could not score. The guys he had left was running around the field throwing the ball back on forth. My guys just could not keep up. However now I have a skeleton with AG 3. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now if I could just get him Catch. Smile

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 10:54 AM

United States of America
      Tutenkharnage wrote:
I'd keep him and purchase the reroll after the next game. When he returns, leave him on the LOS until (a) he takes another beating or (b) you have enough money to replace him and don't need anything else.

-Chet

I agree. He's still quite useful. An assistant coach gains you so little in exchange.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 11:29 AM

This isn't like the old Undead and their two-Mummy limit. You have three other giants available for the next game. I don't think that fourth Mummy will make a big difference. And someone is going to tag another Mummy sooner rather than later. (You have four of them. It will happen.) You don't want to habitually replace these guys when they're still useful.

-Chet

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 11:47 AM

I just hate the idea that after this game he will continue to miss 1 of every 6 games. (With my dice it will probably be more like 5 of 6). Pay 110000 for a guy to sit on The sideline for a game is just wrong. However you are probably right. I will save him and see what he can do in the future.

I would prefer the Reroll anyway. Wait Can I use a reroll to see if he stays out? Smile

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 11:49 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
you got a sh!tload of advances in just 3 matches btw.

I would get the RR first, you could fire him later

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 12:18 PM

Undisclosed
On most teams I'd fire a niggled 0 spp positional player if I had the money to replace them, but I think a Khemri team needs the RR's sooner than later, so I'd agree, keep him for the time being.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 02:15 PM

Dave wrote:
you got a sh!tload of advances in just 3 matches btw.

I would get the RR first, you could fire him later

Yea, I guess I should explain that. The guys I play with like the older system a lot better, the system that used the Cards. They say it added a lot of Randomness and fun to the game, which I tend to agree. Well I came into the League late. After most had 6-7 games in so I was playing guys with 150+ Rating with my measly 100. The first game I played I got 3 extra Cards + 3 extra MVPs. then the second I beleive it was 2 and 2 and the last was 2 and 1 I beleive. Plus the Mummies have been playing Havoc on there teams. In three games Mummy #1 has 5 plus 1 MVP CAS. Mummy 2 has 2 and 2 MVPs Also the Skeleton with Dirty Player has 3 CAS however has also been throw out of Every game he has played. Smile

Plus I have been rolling good on money. Last game I received $150,000. That was due to a card that was drawn that allowed 2d6 instead of 1 on the Money Received.

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 02:34 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
I expected something like this Razz

allways good to hear that some people actually do get through their opponents armour .. as opposed to me Evil or Very Mad

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 06:20 AM

Ha! I can't even manage knockdowns, let alone AV breaks Wink

Anyway, back to Khemri: Don't worry about the niggling injury. Most of the time, you won't notice. By putting the player on the LoS and generally forcing him into every scrum, you'll hasten his demise. At that point, you replace him.

If he gets a skill, give him Piling On. And use it. Repeatedly. Sooner or later, some irate opponent will take him out for you.

-Chet

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone for your responces. I decided to keep the bum and I played the game last night and Lost again for the 4th time. However things are improving.
Mummy 1 is now Ag 2. UNFORTUNATLY. Wish i did not have to take that.
Mummy 3 Now has Str 6, Multiple Block, Piling On (my bad boy for now)
Skeleton 10 is AG 3 and has Catch

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 11:30 AM

England
But you don't have to take it. If you roll a stat. increase you are allowed to take a skill instead (not a trait unless a double was rolled). See page 40 of the LRB.

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 03:06 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
I think it's a 3rd ed team ..

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic