NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 06:22 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Rat knows Borak. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyberHare
Post subject: Death Bowl IV - October 14th &15th 2006  PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 06:57 AM

The Halflings are coming! The Halflings are coming!

It seems that there has been a scheduling conflict this year and the local merchants association is holding a sticky-bun festival on the same weekend as The Death Bowl. That of course means there will be hordes of sticky little people running all over the place getting everything mucked up with sticky goodness. We've been in contact with the Merchants Association and they've assured us that they're willing to work with us to make sure that both events go off without a problem. In fact the Merchants Association has agreed to contribute to the Death Bowl festivities. They've arranged to have the famed Deeproot Strongbranch on hand as a guest of honor. Also since they know that Halflings are great fans of Blood Bowl they've decided to hand out a trophy of their own to honor the best finishing Halfling team to survive The Death Bowl. The Dark Angels are already drooling over the sweet little feast they'll be having as they expect the carnage of sticky little Halflings to reach record proportions in this years Death Bowl match. It will be a Death Bowl for the record books. Watch out, the Halflings are coming to Death Bowl!

Yes ladies and gents the Halflings are coming to Death Bowl IV and as such that means there will be a few special rules to mark the occasion.

The Death Bowl IV will use LRB 4.0 with the standard Death Bowl modifications and rules updates. A full list of Death Bowl specific rules will be posted soon at www.TheDeathBowl.com

The following are special rules I am considering for this special Halfling event. All of these rules are at present open for discussion and if you have other ideas to mark the occasion please mention them.

* Since there are so many Halflings on hand who are buying up event tickets the seats in the stands are filling up with sticky little people. When a Halfling team faces off against a non Halfling team they gain a +1 FF bonus for that match. Their opponent takes a -1 FF hit for that match.

* Since there is such an abundance of sticky-buns and food around it's much easier for Halfling teams to get the ingredients they need for their master chiefs. That being the case, extra reroll steal attempts will only cost 50,000gp as opposed to the usual 80,000gp

*As mentioned above Deeproot Strongbranch will be attending the sticky-bun festival. Enterprising Halfling coaches will of course try to hire him for their teams. His asking price for the event is 300,000gp but his agreement with the Merchant association is that he'll only sign with Halfling teams. He's not picky which team he'll play for but if he's scheduled to play for both teams in the same match then his contract stipulates that he doesn't play for either team though he still gets paid by both.

*During the Death Bowl match Halfling teams will be able to steal rerolls from each of their opponents as opposed to the standard one random opponent. That means if he steals 2 rerolls he steals 2 from each of the three opposing teams so that's a total of 6 rerolls. A Halfling team may still not use more than one reroll per turn so any stolen rerolls above 8 are wasted. If however during the Death Bowl match there is more than one Halfling team in the match then there is a chance that the reroll steals cancel each other out. The conflicting smells can combine to create a disgusting brew of putrid stench. Each Halfling team rolls to see if they have a successful steal. Since there is more than one team trying to steal rerolls it's a little harder to do. Rolls of 4+ are successful steals. If all rolls are under 4 then the attempt to steal fails. The combined smells simply stink. Teams may not loose more than one reroll per steal attempt. If more than one team rolls higher than 4 then the high roll wins the steal. If the high roll is equal then the high rollers will roll off again until a winner is decided.

*Also as mentioned above the Merchants Association will be presenting a trophy to the best finishing/surviving Halfling team. This will be awarded to the Halfling team with the best placed finish in the tournament overall. It does not mean that the Halfling team must finish in the top three. If the best Halfling team is in 10th place then the award will go to that team. Those of you who were at the New World Cup got a look at the trophy. It's a silver dinner tray with Silver Fork and Spoons attached. Yes it's real silver and the winner of the award will take the trophy home to hold onto until next year.

That's about all I have for now. I was thinking of modifying the kickoff table a little as well.

Which reminds me. I believe there was some concern about the kickoff table last year during the 7's round. Do people think it needs to be toned down a little in that round or is the increased carnage of the smaller teams all part of the fun?

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 07:05 AM

Canada
Woo hoo! Bring on the little squishies!

Time for me to pick up a halfling team and get painting! Look out everyone, the Killer Bees are coming to Deathbowl IV!

BUZZZZZ!!!!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 07:08 AM

I also forgot to mention...

Indigo and I have once again this year combined our efforts to bring you some of the coolest truly limited edition figs around the tournament scene. This years fig will be of the female gender. That's all I can say for now. I'll have some pics posted up of it soon.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 07:22 AM

Canada
Sounds cool Brian, I can't wait for this years event Brian.

The only conflict about the 7s round are that it starts waaaaay to early on Sunday morning and Cam will get here to whine about how Lizards get screwed in it.

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 08:13 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:

Time for me to pick up a halfling team and get painting! Look out everyone, the Killer Bees are coming to Deathbowl IV!

BUZZZZZ!!!!

WHAT!?

That's my team buddy.

I might just do up a halfling team for this occasion.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 08:29 AM

Canada
      Ben wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

BUZZZZZ!!!!

WHAT!?

That's my team buddy.

Don't even! That is so my team! Just because you were in the car when we talked about it does not make it your team!

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 08:31 AM

Ben wrote:

All Montreal-Toronto rivalries aside. I'd love to see you win The Death Bowl with a halfling team after three years in a row in the finals. It would make for such great tournament history!

It's starting to look like there might be some international competition though at this years Death Bowl. I'v got nothing confirmed yet but there's a group talking on TBB about making the trip over.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Ben wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

BUZZZZZ!!!!

WHAT!?

That's my team buddy.

His team, your team who cares everyonew knows that the true champion Halfling team is the...

HAPPY VALLEY BERRY BOYS

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
      Ben wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

BUZZZZZ!!!!

WHAT!?

That's my team buddy.

His team, your team who care everyonew knows that the true champion Halfling team is the HAPPY VALLEY BERRY BOYS

Rod.

Sure they are..... Rolling Eyes

We'll let the FUMBBL bet speak for itself! Smile

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Well ya can't just leave it at that. You have to tell us what the FUMBBL bet is now.

BTW who will be shaving who's head for this years tournament?

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 10:00 AM

Canada
HAHAHA

You are all funny!

We all know which team will take it all (at least the tray ).

MIGHTY RED GARBANZO BEANS

taxal ( aka: Head Chef )

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
Well ya can't just leave it at that. You have to tell us what the FUMBBL bet is now.

I'll be shaving yours if you keep it up!!! Razz Wink

Rod

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      CyberHare wrote:

If Im able to get the HAPPY VALLEY BERRY BOYS I will again run the sideshow side bet of the "Hair Bowl"

If I play flings I will only compete with other Fling coaches for the rights to shave/style/butcher someone else's hair!

Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 10:55 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:

Clan-Skaven, Talons and myself have a bet going on FUMBBL to see who is the best coach of a halfling team. The idea is that we have to play each race once, and only once. There is no conceding a match and no retiring your team.

After the 21 races are played we will compare scores and determine a winner.

Talons - can't remember how he is doing, but not so hot.

Clan-Skaven - 1 win, 1 tie 8 losses Razz

Spazzfist - 4 wins, 4 ties, 1 loss Cool (I even had an ogre coach begging me for mercy! Laughing SI'd two ogres and beat the bully 2-0!)

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 09, 2006 - 11:20 AM

Canada
dam my chaos team will have to wait a year before they get thier hands on those halflings

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic