NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 12:41 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFFICIAL YET!  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2008 - 03:18 PM

Canada
Hi folks,

i know lots of you don't go onto Talk Bloodbowl so i thought I'd point you in the direction of the latest rules review doc's that galak just revealed.

They are not offical until LRB6 is approved next year, but some are interesting. Maybe chat about changes you like/don't like here Smile

There are links here to the new teams, which are officially endorsed and NAF ranked, but not in the main rules (complicated, don't ask).
There are two versions one for LRB5 and one for LRB6. use the LRB5 ones for our tournaments, as they include the definition of animosity, which will be in main LRB6 rulebook after the review.

enjoy!

JTB

Quote:
The Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 pm Post subject: 2008 Rules Review documents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached please find all the documents associated with the 2008 BBRC Rules Review for Blood Bowl.

2008 Rules Review:
low res (5meg): http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/LRB_5_plus_Experimental2008_lowres.pdf
high res (16meg): http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/LRB_5_plus_Experimental2008.pdf

New Teams (BBRC Endorsed and NAF ranked ... not officially part of the published Rules Review):
LRB 5.0 document: http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/NewTeams2008_LRB5.pdf
LRB 6.0 document: http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/NewTeams_LRB6.pdf

==============================

Please note the items in red are all experimental which means they are NOT YET official. They will be tested for a period of 1 YEAR. At the end of this one year period, the BBRC will meet one more time to finalize the LRB 6.0 which per Jervis Johnson will be the last changes to the Blood Bowl rulebook for some time to come.

Galak

p.s. some more chat about it here, first pages are speculation before this evening's release
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25931

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFFICIAL YET!  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Canada
Just finished reading the (currently) 9 pages of postings on TBB. whew!

Must say that I was very excited about the ten changes that Galak leaked - some of them soudned like a lot of fun! But then I saw the fine print.... Sad Laughing

One question about the new teams - where would I find the new star players?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFFICIAL YET!  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Vancouver, BC
Skimmed through it quickly, like some changes and not to keen on others. But can understand why they may have done so.

The change for Blood Lust may make things easier at the next Deathbowl, though. If official by then, or it is adopted for the tourny.

Last edited by Eric.R. on Oct 27, 2008 - 09:32 PM; edited 1 time in total

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFFICIAL YE  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2008 - 09:25 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Spazzfist wrote:
One question about the new teams - where would I find the new star players?

They are listed in the Star Player Section . . . Confused

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFFICIA  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2008 - 09:28 PM

Vancouver, BC
BTW, I am wondering if you guys are going to read the rules before you b!tch about them this time? And I just don't mean reading the forums . . .

i.e. see above . . . Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT OFF  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
BTW, I am wondering if you guys are going to read the rules before you b!tch about them this time? And I just don't mean reading the forums . . .

i.e. see above . . . Wink

Hey, I never bitched about the rules, and I am not able to open the large file at work (stupid firewall). With the last posting of the three new teams, they did not have the info for the star players in the same place, so I was asking to make sure they had been included.

Geez Eric, who pissed on your Corn Flakes? Wink

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 08:20 AM

Vancouver, BC
Never said you did. But, I thought I would give a heads up to everyone . . .

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 10:42 AM

Canada
Well, I really like the changes.

The new Khemri will be a real challenge to play, but the MA 4 Tomb Guardians will be interesting.

Reduced speed (well, more risky speed) for the wood elf catchers I like.

I like the added benefits of Safe Throw.

I really like the changes to the Goblins. From the Bribes to the non SW Pogoer. Not sure why the Bombardier and Looney now have hands, but that can make things interesting. Changes to Stunty will help a bit too. Halfling should be a bit more fun to play, but I'm thinking that the jury is still out on this one. The Master chef is only 50k, but he still ain't that good.

Lots of clarifications that will make rules interpretation much easier.

So, I like it.

Cramy

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see. NOT  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 10:45 AM

Canada
And can't wait to try the new teams, or at least see them at play. At the rate that I'm building new teams, I should be able to play one in 2012 or so ... Embarassed

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see.  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Well, I really like the changes.

I really like the changes to the Goblins. From the Bribes to the non SW Pogoer. Not sure why the Bombardier and Looney now have hands, but that can make things interesting. Changes to Stunty will help a bit too.

So, I like it.

yeah I agree.

teehee with gobo changes Laughing

bombardier can totally carry the ball, he just keeps his bombs in the bag. THe looney can hold the ball in one hand and the chainsaw in the other, no problem.
Doubt the bombardier could throw a bomb whilst holding the ball though, so it does come at a cost.
The stunty change is no range restriction on throws now right? that is pretty good.

AK_DaveOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Anchorage, Alaska
With No Hands on those guys, you could move them onto the ball and force it to scatter, hoping for better ball position so someone else can pick it up easier. Now they move onto the ball and MUST attempt to pick it up, potentially a turnover situation.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 - 01:19 PM

Canada
      AK_Dave wrote:
With No Hands on those guys, you could move them onto the ball and force it to scatter, hoping for better ball position so someone else can pick it up easier. Now they move onto the ball and MUST attempt to pick it up, potentially a turnover situation.

yeah, takes that away a bit. But you need to be careful standing next to opponents with a running chainsaw anyway Wink

It still gives you more options. With the two trolls, if you add a couple of no hands guys that takes you down to 7 ball handlers not fun.

CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see.  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 - 06:41 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
The stunty change is no range restriction on throws now right? that is pretty good.

No change to the throw, but changes to the stunty impact on the injury. Instead of the +1 modifier on the injury roll, a 7 results in a KO, and a 9 results in a BH (i.e. no CAS roll). This will reduce the permanent injuries and miss next games for stunties, while not affecting the effect on the current game (i.e. the player is out for the game).

Will help with the survivability of all stunties. Including skinks, unfortunately ...

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see.  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

No change to the throw, but changes to the stunty impact on the injury. Instead of the +1 modifier on the injury roll, a 7 results in a KO, and a 9 results in a BH (i.e. no CAS roll). This will reduce the permanent injuries and miss next games for stunties, while not affecting the effect on the current game (i.e. the player is out for the game).

Will help with the survivability of all stunties. Including skinks, unfortunately ...

coudl throw long bombs with stunties before?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Rules review stuff available to see.  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 - 08:32 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      Cramy wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

coudl throw long bombs with stunties before?

Hmmm.... this is one that I also still believed as it as from an older version. In LRB 4 stunties has to add one band range to the pass ruler when they passes. So they could not make quick passes nor long bombs. Have to re-read the whole rulebook, and make some notes!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic