NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 12:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject: CCKO--January 28/29th 2012--  PostPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 05:00 PM

Canada
Hi Everyone,

The CCKO has been booked for January 28/29th, returning to the Legion at 330 Kent st in Ottawa. Everything is coming along well and I would like to encourage you all to take a look at the comprehensive rules as Mark and I have made a few minor changes to the rules with regards to team building and the timing of matches (taken from the World Cup's timing for matches)

You can click on the link in my Sig at the end of this post to take you to the website and then click on the comprehensive rules to take a look. You can also register your team to let us know you are coming on the website. This would be a great help to us in preparing for numbers.

Looking forward to the upcoming year in Bloodbowl!! and what better way to kick it off than to come to the Capital and bash heads with many of Team Canada's players freshly home from the World Cup II!! Take care everyone and have a safe holiday season Very Happy

Any questions, feel free to ask and one of us will get back to you asap.

Adam

Reply with quote Back to top
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 05:13 PM

Vancouver, BC
The only WC participant I want to bash heads with is Mark H. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING; I EVEN KNOW HUMANS ARE A BAD CHOICE!!!!!

Anyhoo, the website has been updated and please play close attention to the RED TEXT in the Comprehensive Rules.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2011 - 09:12 PM

I will most likely be coming, not to bash WCII contenders, but hear their stories Smile

I'll bring my lame undead team, as I obviously suck with necro Razz

And if I may, could you consider changing the team built to TV110 + X regular skills and Y double skills (where X and Y can be 0 or more) without restrictions on the skill choice. The present format favors some team much more than others (i.e. the lame undead, while dark elves or amazons are F***ED). Of course, if you already thought about that, so be it Smile

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 01:34 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
I will most likely be coming, not to bash WCII contenders, but hear their stories Smile

I'll bring my lame undead team, as I obviously suck with necro Razz

And if I may, could you consider changing the team built to TV110 + X regular skills and Y double skills (where X and Y can be 0 or more) without restrictions on the skill choice. The present format favors some team much more than others (i.e. the lame undead, while dark elves or amazons are F***ED). Of course, if you already thought about that, so be it Smile

Hey Lizardcore,

Would be great if you could attend again this year! Undead are pretty lame though Razz We thought about the skill choices for different teams and although some are limited to either General or Agility skills, the majority have enough skills to choose from that it shouldn't be a problem. In addition they can choose Stat increases to make up for it if they are unhappy with the skills they are left to choose from.

Don't forget also that the skills draft after round 3 allows for free choosing of whatever skills you want (keeping within the 2 max skills per player of course) The whole idea behind this is that if 5 people brought teams of the same race, every team would look somewhat different based on that person's play style/choices ie. you won't end up with Orcs and Dwarves that there rosters look indentical. Hope this helps, anything else just ask.

Adam

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 05:34 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'll do my best to go, maybe I can con Greg in attendance too

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 06:33 AM

jrock56 wrote:
Undead are pretty lame though Razz

I know, but I have to defend my title with the same team Wink

I might bring Alex along as well, we'll get organized earlier in january. I'll keep you in touch (as we might need somewhere to sleep on the saturday).

Cheers

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 05:18 AM

Canada
      Clan_Skaven wrote:
I'll do my best to go, maybe I can con Greg in attendance too

Hey Clan Skaven, would be awesome if you are able to come and if your able to twist Greg's arm into coming with you it would be the more the merrier for sure Very Happy Gonna give you a shout soon as it's been awhile!

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 05:22 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
      jrock56 wrote:
Undead are pretty lame though Razz

I might bring Alex along as well, we'll get organized earlier in january. I'll keep you in touch (as we might need somewhere to sleep on the saturday).

Cheers

I think it would be more impressive to win with different teams myself Razz

Alex would be welcome to come...and bring his Norse so I can avenge our previous tie in which he rolled all his KO's back! I'll make sure to injure them permanently this time Twisted Evil Let me know for sure and we can figure out sleeping arrangements no problem. Talk to you soon

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2011 - 02:04 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
      Lizardcore wrote:

I think it would be more impressive to win with different teams myself Razz

I completely agree, different teams is the way to go Wink

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
Hey, guys. Just a quick question in regards to the team buildings rules... it says:

"No player may receive more than one of the purchased improvements"

Is this meant to convey that, during team building, no player may be given more than one improvement or does it mean that players can't get the same improvement twice (e.g. giving the same player +2 AG)? I'm guessing the former but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 11:27 AM

'xcuse my french, but:
"No player may receive more than one of the purchased improvements and no Team may have more than one particular improvement before the draft."

to me it means both: only 1 guy with each improvement, and nobody with more than 1 improvement.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 11:55 AM

Canada
The frenchie has it right I think, thats how I would interpret it.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
A little off-topic but I finally got around to uploading the videos from the 2011 Warpstone Cup. Checkum out:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95DA67E7DDAE8BBF

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 11:01 AM

Canada
      wapcaplets wrote:
Hey, guys. Just a quick question in regards to the team buildings rules... it says:

"No player may receive more than one of the purchased improvements"

Is this meant to convey that, during team building, no player may be given more than one improvement or does it mean that players can't get the same improvement twice (e.g. giving the same player +2 AG)? I'm guessing the former but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

Hey wapcaplets,

Lizardcore has it right that it means both. Only one improvement per player and no more than one of each skill/improvement per team in the initial team building phase. Once the draft takes place you are allowed a 2 skill max per player with no restrictions on taking the same skills/improvements that your team already has (provided the skill is left to choose from when it is your turn to draft of course Laughing ) The idea behind this was to stick with the theme of the Draft, in that you will have to become creative with your skill choices and less frequently used skills will come into play. It will also allow a little more flexibility in roster builds so that if 4 Orc or Dwarf teams were to show up at the tourney you may see 4 completely different rosters as far as skill selection is concerned (bends to the players playing style, a little more) Hope this helps!

Adam

StimmeOffline
30 Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 03:56 PM

Germany
      jrock56 wrote:
Alex would be welcome to come...and bring his Norse so I can avenge our previous tie in which he rolled all his KO's back! I'll make sure to injure them permanently this time Twisted Evil

The memories are so vague. Was this the match where my runner was dancing along your end zone the whole second half?
I am looking forward to a potential rematch! Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic