NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 06:48 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Concussion! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: The Iron Chefs  PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 08:23 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Okay ... so my job was so insane that I ran out of time and ended up having to paint the entire team except for Chin and Kaga and the dugout repaints in one afternoon and night in order to get it ready to play at the Underworld Cup the next morning. The Underworld Cup gang can testify about seeing my portable painting lab. However, I did the conversions over a period of several months, so this is more about showing those than the paint job.

Xtreme asked for pics thus the post.

http://www.blood-bowl.net/IronChefs/IronChefs.html

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 10:02 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Already posted on TBB about them, but have to say you should give yourself more credit. Your painting isn't the best but it is nothing to put down. You did a great job, someday I will get to see the team in person.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 10:10 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Actually, the team got a couple 2s for painting at the Underworld (1 highest - 5 lowest) which blew my mind given the one day rush job I had to do. I think the 2s came from 2 of my opponents who were big fans of the show and recognized the real life people in the miniatures very quickly into the game. Even calling them by name ... "My Storm Vermin will block Chin" type comments.

Made me realize that if all else fails I can do some one day quick gaming standard paint jobs to sell figs on Ebay to generate mad money. At least I'd never say "Pro Painted" ... Laughing

Galak

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 - 02:11 AM

What show is that?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 - 06:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie69 wrote:
What show is that?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ic

Take a very expensive stadium kitchen set-up and pick each week the head chef from a top restraunt in Japan. Put them up against one of the 3 to 4 head Japanese chefs that work for the show (opponent's choice). Give them a theme ingredient and one hour to prepare dishes with it. Have the battle broadcast like a football game with field reporters (Ota), a main commentator (Fukui), and your expert commentator (Hattori).

The best part of the show was they spared no expense. One show they purchased 1/4 of a Kobe beef cattle. Kobe beef sells for more than $100/pound ( http://www.foodreference.com/html/artkobebeef.html ) The cost of just this meat was 250,000 USD. In other shows these top chefs use cavair that's like 20 USD an ounce like it was simple jelly. One dessert alone I remember the cost was around $150 for each plate served to the judges.

Its the format, its the money spent, its the House chefs personalities, and its watching live Eels turned into gourmet meals in an hour. Its a great show ... and a fun theme for a Halfling team.

Galak

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 - 09:13 PM

Germany
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Actually, the team got a couple 2s for painting at the Underworld (1 highest - 5 lowest) Galak

Even tough I haven't given you a 2 (just because I found other teams just better looking)....I found your team looked awesome Cool ! Hearing that you painted the team mostly the night before makes it even look better in my eyes, just because I know how cross-eyed my view gets after 1 hour of painting.

But here's my question: Were are the painting and/or Sportsmanship results posted from the Underworld Cup? To my knowledge (which isn't the greatest in that regards I have to admit) only the overall points are posted....or am I wrong (again)??? Question

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 - 10:48 PM

I followed the link. Some people actually watch that?

GrasshopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 - 06:43 AM

United States of America
I'd forfeit a game to you jsut for the pleasure of seeing that Old McDonalds playset in action again. Orc Vampire Mr. Green

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 - 07:56 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie69 wrote:
I followed the link. Some people actually watch that?

Its a great show Zombie ... might not be your cup of tea but it is mine and my wife's.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 - 07:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Tojurub wrote:
But here's my question: Were are the painting and/or Sportsmanship results posted from the Underworld Cup?

They weren't. I commented to John that I was happy with my performance given that I probably didn't get any painting points because of painting the team in one day and he commented that I had actually gotten a couple 2s so I hadn't completely lost all painting points. So I didn't see the actual points ... just had a throw away comment from John that really made me feel better that my insane work schedule hadn't killed by painting points for the tournament.

Galak

LightingbugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2004 - 01:28 AM

Silicon Valley, CA

Now you just need to add the American Iron Chefs. Would love to see a halfing Mario Batalli in his trademark shorts and clogs.

Great job, amazing paint job for a one night gig.

..t3clis..Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Greccio, Tilea

I love the Dugout Very Happy

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2004 - 02:59 PM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Zombie69 wrote:
What show is that?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ic

Take a very expensive stadium kitchen set-up and pick each week the head chef from a top restraunt in Japan. Put them up against one of the 3 to 4 head Japanese chefs that work for the show (opponent's choice). Give them a theme ingredient and one hour to prepare dishes with it. Have the battle broadcast like a football game with field reporters (Ota), a main commentator (Fukui), and your expert commentator (Hattori).

The best part of the show was they spared no expense. One show they purchased 1/4 of a Kobe beef cattle. Kobe beef sells for more than $100/pound ( http://www.foodreference.com/html/artkobebeef.html ) The cost of just this meat was 250,000 USD. In other shows these top chefs use cavair that's like 20 USD an ounce like it was simple jelly. One dessert alone I remember the cost was around $150 for each plate served to the judges.

Its the format, its the money spent, its the House chefs personalities, and its watching live Eels turned into gourmet meals in an hour. Its a great show ... and a fun theme for a Halfling team.

Galak

I personally loved Octopus battle the most when they got bit by the live octopi. <sp> My son watches it every time it's on and did anyone else want to smack bobby flay for standing on a cutting board with dirty shoes in someone elses kitchen? I mean coule we PLEASE send emril. Least he's to rotund to do a from the floor to counter hop onto a cutting board Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 02:14 PM

United States of America
The dunce caps are a great idea Smile

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

kwailungOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2004 - 01:10 AM

OMG, I used to have that McDonald's playset when I was a kid! Hadn't thought of that in nearly 30 years! Excellent use for it, and a dynamite execution of a great idea.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic