NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 12:47 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The few. The proud. The three on the line. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RonnieOffline
Post subject: Chaos Strategy Help!!!!!  PostPosted: Jan 18, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I have problems using Chaos and i need help of how to improve my game with this race

i start with 3x Chaos Warriors, 8x Beastmen, 2x Re-rolls, 1x Apothecary and 2x Fan Factor (this is a 1mil limit)

Please help!!!!!

Question Question Question Question

Embarassed

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 12:40 PM

Undisclosed
Is this for a tournament (if so, what rules) or a league (short- or long-term)?

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 03:14 PM

Seems like it's for a league, since he said start. In that case, the first advice would be to lose chaos warriors and the apothecary and go for max rerolls and fan factor, like for any team. The chaos roster most comonly found online is 1 warrior, 10 beastmen, 3 rerolls and 9 fan factor.

The second advice would be not to play chaos if your interested in winning in the short term. Chaos is probably the best race long term, but is worse than goblins and halflings in the short term.

RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2004 - 08:38 AM

This is for long term games

I feel that the beastmen don't provide a good defensive when kicking to the opponents team, and having one chaos warrior in the team will create a target for the team to batter, without chaos warriors i have no advantage over strong teams nor agility teams

Best Performance Bloodbowl 2006
Worst Performance Spikey 2004

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2004 - 09:07 AM

United States of America
Without Fan Factor you won't make any $ in a league...plus you'll get killed on things like pitch invasions.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2004 - 09:21 AM

England
I have always started with 4 Chaos Warriors 7 Beastmen 2 RR and FF 4. This has always worked just fine for me. The first games were never easy, being the ones I had to be most careful during and the ones I was most likely to lose. However I never really had a problem with winnings being too low or the low FF being too much of a disadvantage on the kick off table. Also my Chaos Warriors started developing from the first game, which is important if the league isn't a long one.

ponkavitchOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 09:31 PM

My usual Chaos Line up Starts with 1 ogre, 3 warriors 7 beast men, 1 apothcary, 4 fan factor, 4 fan factor.
This is a verry strong starting team. My usual tactic is to buy the last warrior as soon as possible then save up for buying extra team re-rolls. (I like buy re-rolls during seasons as it will drop you team rating by 7 (for chaos that is)).
I think that streanth is chaos' only advantage so why start with out as much streanth as posible. but as you team advances don't fall into the trap of only advanceing you players in hitting skills. make sure your first beastman skill in sure hands. and you may want to make one of you warriors into a (all be it slow) catcher, st 4 catcher is is hard to stop (especialy if they have block) and most people don't expect it from a warrior. I also like to make sure i have a dirty player beastman as soon as possible aswell, not to foul with but to stop other people from fouling me if I take any piling on (even if it is now crap).

I know my ideas are almost polar opposit of what others hear tend to think but lets face it If you are playing Chaos in bloodbowl your in it for the fun not the win.

As a side note my origional 3rd ed rules team would start with 1 Lord borak, 1 black hoof, 2 warriors, 7 beastmen, and 4 fanfactor. thats right no re-rolls other than borak's leader.

hope this helped.

-chris

RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 - 04:38 AM

isn't that a bit risky thou starting off with 1 re-roll, chaos has no skills and they need re-roll to save them against bad dice rolls with blocks and so forth. i like your stategy on the Chaos warrior being the ball carrier and also you strategy during the league, but im still a bit worried because u know that beastmen are soooo easy to hit and they will go down soo badly so how do you make sure u beastmen don't get hit that often Mr. Green

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 - 05:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
For any sort of long term approach I'd start 10 beastmen, 3 rerolls and then either a Chaos Warrior or Big Guy. The rest go on FF. Buy the apoth 1st and then all the heavy hitters.

In the long run you end up with some very tasty beastmen and a decent LOS.

ponkavitchOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2004 - 04:56 PM

Beastmen arn't that easy to take out. They have the standard lineman armour of 8 which isn't too bad. And to stop them getting hurt play smart Wink . But since accidents do happen I always start with an Apoth since for 50k he should keep a player who is worth at least 60k on the field.

and the re-roll isn't that important as you shouldn't be throwing the ball or anything else fancy untill you have the skills and all your blocks should be 2 dice. and instead of buying the last warrior first you could save and extra 40k and buy a re-roll first. it should only take about 3-4 games to get the money.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2004 - 05:20 PM

ponkavitch wrote:
My usual Chaos Line up Starts with 1 ogre, 3 warriors 7 beast men, 1 apothcary, 4 fan factor, 4 fan factor.

Seriously, this is the worst long term proposal i've ever seen for a chaos team, and i've seen a lot. 4 FF sucks, no rerolls sucks, too many expensive players from the start and a useless apothecary that would be much better bought after game 1.

Just stick to the basics. 1 CW, 10 beatmen, 9 FF and 3 RR. It's tried, tested and true, and all the best chaos coaches will tell you to use this.

RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2004 - 03:35 AM

I see ponkavitch side thou that having a massive stength advantage against the other team will create a winning oppertunity in the game, but it requires alot of jammy dice rolls to not get a both down on the rolls and when i a get ONE double skulls or both downs my whole team crumbles and i will have NO re-rolls therefore I would prefer DOUBLESKULL's and ZOMBIES starting line up becasue as u said ponkavitch if your beastmen will not get hurt play smart Wink and if i change my way of play and fully concentrate on pownding the other players to dust then i can do well playing chaos

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2004 - 05:24 AM

Besides, starting with FF9, you'll max out your chaos warriors soon enough.

RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2004 - 12:35 PM

true true Very Happy

ponkavitchOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2004 - 07:03 AM

Why would you play chaos if you don't take any CWs? You may as well play humans with only linemen and pay an extra 10k for each. Chaos only has one strength and thats their strength. use it.
and with the new winnings table FF makes less diference than winning so I would prefer to spend the money on players that would help you win.

But I guess the fact that I only play in new team tornies that range from 7 to 12 games so I may have rather shorter term perspective than you.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic