NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 03:03 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WilliOffline
Post subject: Necromantic Tournament Roster  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 01:56 AM

Germany
For an upcoming 100TR tournament (6 games, one skill per game, resurrection after game) I´m not yet sure how to set up the team. What is generally considered better:

2 WW (absolutely sure about them)
2 Wights
2 FG
1 Ghoul
4 Zombies

1 FF
2 RR

or:

2 WW
2 Wights
1 FG
1 Ghoul
5 Zombies

3 FF
3 RR

So please let me know what you think is better, or are they both crap? But what roster then?

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 06:22 AM

Canada
Having squared off against the necros a fair bit, I would wholeheatedly agree with you that the two werewolves are pretty essential. Next to the wardancer, I think they are perhaps one of the best rookies in the game!

I would be more inclined to go with the first roster. Having the two flesh golems is very important to be able to hold you line. With only one it makes it too easy to punch through your front line by focussing on one of the flesh golems. With two, it makes it soooooo much hareder! Then in the tourney you can start by giving each of those bad boys "guard" and then you have a much more formidable line!

It is just a shame about the low fan factor, as that does often come into play.....

Just my two cents.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 08:36 AM

United States of America
I actually use the first roster and think it works very well Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 10:03 AM

I like neither. I would go with zero flesh golem. They're basically oversized zombies that cost 4 times the price. Not worth the money if you ask me.

Personally, i like :

2 Werewolves
2 Wights
12 Zombies
3 Rerolls
1 FF

Gives you 16 players, meaning the ability to foul to your heart's content. The most glaring advantage that undead, necro and khemri have over all opposition is their cheap linemen, so it's important to maximize that. Playing an undead, necro or kemri team with 11 players is a huge mistake. Having 3 rerolls is also nice.

I'd go with block on both werewolves, then dirty player for all subsequent skills.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 11:48 AM

Canada
Gee Zombie,

Can I play you...... please? Rolling Eyes

Go with the first team Willi.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 11:56 AM

What, are you one of those guys who don't like fouling? Someone who doesn't like fouling should not play an undead race, period! That's their greatest strength and what makes them most fun!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 02:10 PM

Canada
      Zombie wrote:
What, are you one of those guys who don't like fouling?

I have no problem with fouling or being fouled, I just prefer not to make it my game plan to knock one player down and then swarm him with boots to his 'urty bitz. Call me crazy, but I like to have actual running, blocking and passing plays. Oh yeah, and scoring touchdowns once in a while is pretty cool too! Being able to score, just because the other guy has no-one left on the field is not something to aspire to - unless he's a halfling coach, and then he should expect it.

Zombie wrote:
Someone who doesn't like fouling should not play an undead race, period!

Well for the record I do not play an undead race, I just play against them. For the record they seem to do pretty well without going all foul heavy.

Zombie wrote:
That's their greatest strength and what makes them most fun!

Fun for whom?? Question Maybe you should start a poll to see who concurs with your idea of "fun"! And for the record, I think their diversity of the necro teams's strength, speed, stats and skills are their greatest strength. But hey, I am sure you will disagree with me, if only for the sake of disagreeing! Wink

Spazz

[/i]

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 03:51 PM

I disagree with you, but not just for the sake of disagreeing. I've seen it done very successfully by other coaches, i've done it very successfully myself, and the math are behind it.

Did you know that even with the ref watching you, in the second half if you foul an AV 8 player with a dirty player zombie and only one assist, as long as you're fouling a player worth at least 50k, you're coming out ahead on average?

This is particularly effective in a tournament setting because most people only have 11 or 12 players, so if you can get 5 zombies sent off while taking out 4 opposing players, you'll still have 11 players on the field at the next kick off while the opponent will only have 7 or 8!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Canada
Wow Zombie,

You are boycotting tournaments and even threatening to sacrafice your NAF membership because of the introduction of some Vault rules, yet you are willing to foul the s**t out of somebody else's team because the math is in your favour??? Rolling Eyes

Whatever turns your crank buddy.....

Spazz

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 04:37 PM

I find leagues that don't foul to be to boring to play in. And that's from someone who's favorite team is wood elves.

If you don't like fouling, you should quit Blood Bowl and go play Barbie or something. Fouling is part of the game and no worse than two turn scoring with elves.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 04:39 PM

every tournament i have taken dirty player i think i managed 0 cas on all the fouls i done with them

don't think i am cut out for fouling

Jon

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 04:55 PM

Playing norse, i had 2 dirty players at last year's Death Bowl and 3 dirty players at the Spike! this year (i was out of contention and going mainly for most CAS in the last game, which is the only reason i took the 3rd one).

I think i managed about 8 to 10 CAS through fouls alone in each tournament. I also got a lot of KOs which helped me in many instances. Too bad they didn't count as CAS at the Spike! or i would have won most CAS. I came second in the tournament in that category.

One of my losses at the Spike! was for a single mistake that i made, where i used a dirty player to assist a blitz on a wardancer and had to use a normal lineman to foul him. I needed at least a stun to score and win. I had 3 assists so only needed a 4 to pass armour and rolled 3. The wardancer got up, blitzed at two dice i choose, stripped the ball off my hands, leapt, picked up the ball in 2 tackle zones, dodged and went for it twice. He scored a few turns later and that was the game right there. Had i fouled with the dirty player like i should, i would have won the game. My opponent totally agreed with that assessment.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 05:10 PM

why take an extra dirty player if your going for most cas

surely guard or mighty blow would have been more productive

Jon

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 05:22 PM

I was thinking that it could help in the numbers game. Once you've got the numerical advantage, it's easier to score casualties. Of course i didn't know that i was going to play against undead and that all 3 CAS that i would score (none of them counting, one from the crowd) would regenerate, while my injured blitzer on turn one would not be healed because the apoth rolled a 1!

I couldn't take guard or mighty blow as my only two players with strength access already had one skill (block on minotaur and guard on the blitzer which in hindsight was a mistake). I should however have taken tackle on a lineman but when i thought about it, it was too late.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 05:35 PM

Undisclosed
      Zombie wrote:
I was thinking that it could help in the numbers game. Once you've got the numerical advantage, it's easier to score casualties. Of course i didn't know that i was going to play against undead and that all 3 CAS that i would score (none of them counting, one from the crowd) would regenerate, while my injured blitzer on turn one would not be healed because the apoth rolled a 1!

Zombie-
Unless I am mistaken, a casualty that is regenerated still counts towards your casualties for. Am I missing something here?

-Rob

P.S. I also have seen you refer to things you have seen in your tournament experience, but counting Spike! this site only has two tournaments to your credit. That hardly counts as a wealth of experience in my book.

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic