NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 05:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That boy's got talent! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_TodfathaOffline
Post subject: Have I wasted $10.00 on Games Day?  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 - 05:53 AM

I've been searching for mention of the Tournament at the Baltimore Games Day which I registered for. I know it's not as exciting as the Chaos Cup in Chicago or the the Bloodbowl in England, but is no one going to play at Baltimore?

GW even screwed up my order and of the two tickets I purchased, they only registered one for bloodbowl. I didn't catch the mistake until I got the tickets in the mail, so I called and there were still slots available for the tourney...what gives?

Did I miss the memo about a boycott or something? I was looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts.

Reply with quote Back to top
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 - 05:52 PM

Undisclosed
Todfatha, the only mention I could find of a tournament in Baltimore was the GT in March. Do you have the date you were supposed to play?

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2003 - 07:12 PM

Um, I was in the Baltimore GT for 2003, and it has most certainly already taken place. If you're a native of the area, we do have a league going in Northern VA, though...

-Oscar Wilde

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 - 09:46 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
Todfatha, the only mention I could find of a tournament in Baltimore was the GT in March. Do you have the date you were supposed to play?

Agreed the only GW sponsered tournament I knew of was for Baltimore was in March.

Oh and Todfatha ... when you list those tournaments in the US ... don't forget the tournament at GenCon which is being run by GW as well. There is a good change that tournament will have more than double the # of coaches as the Chaos Cup ... just wish I could see how many had already signed up so I could be more certain on this fact.

Galak

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2003 - 11:14 AM

$10 shouldn't be a waste. There should still be at least $10 sorth of stuff ot see and do there, even if there isn't a BB game going on. At the very least you can talk to the organizers and get them to let you have one there next year.

Da_TodfathaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 - 03:19 PM

Well I guess I wasn't very clear, but there is a bloodbowl tournament at Games Day Baltimore, but it is getting overshadowed by the Chaos Cup which will be played at the Chicago Games Day. The cost of a Games Day ticket is $25, but to register for the Bloodbowl tournament is an extra $10. It is listed in the Games day info that was included with WHite dwarf, last issue.

Unfortunately, what you guys all are saying is "yes, Todd, you wasted $10 bucks cuz no one else seems to be playing in it." Laughing

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 - 06:01 PM

Undisclosed
Well, I guess what I, and others, was trying to say is that Baltimore is over. Sorry - tell you what: if you can make the GenCon tournament, I'll reimburse your entry fee for the Baltimore tourney you missed. Smile

mroswickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 - 07:13 PM

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Agreed the only GW sponsered tournament I knew of was for Baltimore was in March.

Well, let's put it this way:

GW is advertising (in the Games Day circular and website) and taking money for a Bloodbowl tournament at Games Day in Baltimore on 6/20-21.

Whether anybody is actually running it or not is another matter entirely.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Da_TodfathaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 - 08:44 PM

Right Mroswick, that's what I am saying, so since no one seems to know about it perhaps we can get US torunament organizer involved so I don't sit there and play bloodbowl from both sides of the table. It saddens me to know that no one else seems to know about it. Did anyone read the circular that GW sent out? heheh, someone in their advertising department is currently having a stroke! Twisted Evil

Anyway, now that I am telling you there IS a BB tourney at Games Day Baltimore, is there anyone interested that will now call GW and register for it? I would cut&paste their adverts, but it's in a format that doesn't allow cut&paste. It is on the GW webpage though, if you want to check it out.

Wink

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2003 - 09:48 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Hey ... I found it. Sorry guys ... I thought this had already happened.

Okay a 24 man tournament:

http://www.games-workshop.com/news/us/events/GamesDay2003/Getting_Tickets/Getting_Tickets.htm

http://www.games-workshop.com/news/us/events/GamesDay2003/Tournaments/Tournaments.htm

I don't like the fact that SPPs and skills carry over ... a Wood Elf team plays Halflings in game 1 and goes on to win the tournament ... BAH!!!

Okay a 24 man tournament might sell out pretty quick. Try to find out who is running it. Good luck, its not the type of BB tournament I prefer but I'm betting it will be a good time no matter.

Oh and if you can make it to GenCon ... hope to see you there ... Very Happy

Galak

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2003 - 01:32 AM

Undisclosed
Kudos to Galak and my apologies to Todfatha for sounding off - on a surface skim of the GW Tourney site, I only saw the 2002 and 03/03 dates. Hey Skummy, are you or any of the NOVA crowd headed that way? Embarassed

Da_TodfathaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2003 - 03:54 PM

Has anyone registered yet for the Tourney at Games Day Baltimore? I figured I'd try to keep this subject close to the top since no one lese is posting.

So far Mroswick, Old Man Monkey, and myself have registered...anyone else?

Well fellas if we are it, I'll bet we can come up with alternate tourney rules to suit our own tastes...ANd hey the worst you can do is 3rd place. Wink

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2003 - 05:54 AM

Undisclosed
Hey, skummy, what about the NoVA crowd coming up? Sure would be a waste to have a number of NAF coaches in the same area and not get some games in that count? Smile

jaylazerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 30, 2003 - 06:29 AM

I signed up last week. So I'll be coming down from Philly.

A friend of mine is supposed to come with me. I don't know if he's signed up or not, though.

It'll be cool to meet some of the americans on the list finally.

Da_TodfathaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2003 - 07:03 AM

Tell Cassotta I'm gonna kick his arse, and to bring my beer! Razz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic