NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 03:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Leap over this you Wood Elf scum! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 01:30 PM

Canada
Announcing a new Blood Bowl 1 day event in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada).

The Dagger bowl will consist of 4 games played on saturday the 31st of May 2008.

Team Value is 115

No pre bought skills

Big guys are reduced in price by 50% (ogre team not included in discount)

Swiss system will be used.

The tournament will be held at dwarfrunner's place near Ikea in Ottawa
somewhere near here http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ikea+ottawa&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=45.348345,-75.784228&spn=0.005316,0.009999&z=17

The hope is this one day event gets out all the local players and anyone else who wants some bloodbowl and a free day on sunday enjoy ottawa or recover from big celebratory hang overs SmileSmile or even travel home at a reasonable hour...........

Any questions fire away!!

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Apr 25, 2008 - 02:39 PM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 01:50 PM

Canada
Sounds lke a great idea - unfortunately, I think the chances of me making it are slim to none. So rest easy Ottawa boyz, Spazz is not going to be stealing your trophies away on this one.....

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 02:41 PM

Canada
Sorry to hear that Spazz.

We don't necessarily expect big numbers what with it just being 4 games but we hope a few people will enjopy the more relaxed atmos, and reall down time at the end of saturday. Mark's wife is away too so we don't have any constraints once the games are done.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Canada
I think it is a great idea, and I would have been there forf sure was it not such a long drive for me. I think now that there seems to be a resurgance of Blood Bowl players coming back into the fold, giving some people the one day tourney might be just the thing for them - and for the Blood Bowl junkies like me it would mean a chance at a quick tourney in between the big ones!

Now all we have to do is get someone to do one more locally....

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 02:53 PM

Canada
Curoious, are you going to go all out for the trophies like you did for the CCKO, or keep it more simple?

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: The Dagger Bowl Ottawa May 31st 2008  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2008 - 05:36 PM

Canada
It is going to be a bit more of a simple event. To reflect its one day status, as you say it is trying to fill a gap in the market for those people who a two day commitment is too much and want to play in a tournament and junkies who want to play as much as is (un)humanley possible.

It is Dwarfrunner's baby so all the other stuff is down to him, I am just helping promote and taking home first place, obviously Wink

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 12:38 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'll go if I can get a ride & my ride does not mind leaving the Falls after 11:30pm Friday... (to my potential driver get some sleep before we leave, (I'll pay my share of gas money (even if more) & I'll pay for all coffee or energy drinks or whatever you need to stay awake),,,,,

115 roster, is there any upgrades once the tourney starts?

If I can make it, it may be worth bringing my skaven to. (mind you I have only played Joe twice (1st. time my Orcs in 7's (I hate 7's BB!!!!)

Due to the rules I started one man down... (final score Orc vs Orc lost, I think 2-1 or 3-1)...

Second game in round two at the Death-Bowl last October (the Year of the Ogre), my very skilled lizards verses Joe's odd man out gobbos (a roster that I orriginally created for myself, but that Glenn Jones & Rob Pharand improved it more....) we tied 1-1 (we were both ranked 1st & 2nd before that game (he was 1st & I was 2nd)) I have yet to play Joe in a regular game & I think I can beat him.

Rod

As far as the rest of the Ottawa crowd , I have never played Mark D'agistino (spelling) or Glenn Jones, I did just play against Adam Jones at the 'CoQ IV' but being Orc vs Lizardmen on the Chaos Dwarf Pitch I was at a huge disadvantage from the get go....& not counting his Saurus intercepting the pass..... (I look forward to the regular game matchup to actually bash skulls with him....) As far as Marc-Andre goes I have beat him in the opening rounds of the Stunty Cup III & Stunty Cup IV (but they to most people are useless wins) In regular Bloodbowl, I have a Tie (1-1 my Orcs vs his Dark Elves, & a 3 or 4-1 loss with my Orcs vs. his Skaven.....

I have had other Ottawa action some good some bad but nothing recent......

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Canada
Wow Rod, that is quite a convoluted way of saying you are gonna kick all our pansy Ottawa asses at the Dagger Bowl Laughing

I don't know about the "in tournament improvements", Mark D'agostino hasn't told me about that section of the rules. I suspect there will be something going on though.

It would be fun if you can make it Rod, and would be good to beat you in a regular game so you can stop complaining about the rule set Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 07:49 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Wow Rod, that is quite a convoluted way of saying you are gonna kick all our pansy Ottawa asses at the Dagger Bowl :lol

Yeah he has a ways to go to earn the Smack Talk award at the next Q'ermitt! Very Happy

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 08:36 AM

Canada
Well myself I will not be able to make it out for this one. Will be holding a BB tourney at my local store on the same day. Main idea is to try and get some more players from the Montreal area to come and play and to show them what the tournament style gaming is like.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2008 - 08:53 AM

Canada
Well where do we begin, Joe you've got it twisted. Your out of practice after running away to France for the Qermitt and if I'm not mistaken you've never beaten me, but I remember taking you out in the semi's of our league. Rod, hope you do make it down so you'll have no "disadvantages" to whine about when I spank you this time around...lol. You liked that Saurus pick, it was beautifulllllll!!!, Take it easy guys, hope to see you the next week at Bongo as well.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Canada
Hello all, thanks JTB for starting the thread.

As Joe mentioned, I was just planning on this being a small one-day tourney. If people from outta town want to come down great, I actually have 3 spare beds in my place, plus additional floor space if people want to crash here. I was planning on keeping it simple, but a Glenn Jones trophy may be present at the awards ceremony, just cuz he is so damn good at it.

Rod: I was initially going to not have any player upgrades during the tourney, but I have softened my stance on that and will probably have something. Once I finalize the ruleset then you will have your answer.

I will post the ruleset soon, so people can get a better idea of the whole tourney.

I know what you mean Rod, I have yet to play you in a tourney. Or even JTB for that fact. Tourney's are great for meeting new opponents, but I seem usually end up playing similar coaches, guess you should just win more Rod so you are up at the top of the rankings with me. I will add that I have a winning record against Spazz, so I can see why he doesn't want to come up and play in my tournament. I am still waiting for Taxal to play his halflings again so I can get retribution for the tie which should have been a win for me if not for riots cancelling half the game.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 - 11:37 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
Hello all, thanks JTB for starting the thread.

As Joe mentioned, I was just planning on this being a small one-day tourney. If people from outta town want to come down great, I actually have 3 spare beds in my place, plus additional floor space if people want to crash here. I was planning on keeping it simple, but a Glenn Jones trophy may be present at the awards ceremony, just cuz he is so damn good at it.

Rod: I was initially going to not have any player upgrades during the tourney, but I have softened my stance on that and will probably have something. Once I finalize the ruleset then you will have your answer.

I will post the ruleset soon, so people can get a better idea of the whole tourney.

I know what you mean Rod, I have yet to play you in a tourney. Or even JTB for that fact. Tourney's are great for meeting new opponents, but I seem usually end up playing similar coaches, guess you should just win more Rod so you are up at the top of the rankings with me. I will add that I have a winning record against Spazz, so I can see why he doesn't want to come up and play in my tournament. I am still waiting for Taxal to play his halflings again so I can get retribution for the tie which should have been a win for me if not for riots cancelling half the game.

Blah , blah , blah!!

When you win one of the 4 Majors as I have then you can talk to me about wnning more, untill then, work on INCENTIVE!!!!!!

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Undisclosed
Does it count if you didn't even have to play 4 games to win a major?

I'm calling Shennanigans.
-RobO

EDIT:

Dwarfrunner wrote:
...I was just planning on this being a small one-day tourney.

Actually, with this said...it does sorta sound like the Spike! that you won...so Rod, you may be in business. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Vancouver, BC
I may try to make it out as the one day tourny idea I think is great and it allows me some time to visit old friends in Ottawa. Will have to give it some more though before I commit.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic