NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 02:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That's ok - he has Regenerate. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject: West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 - 01:44 PM

United States of America
To raise the level of competition and encourage travel between west coast North American Blood Bowl communities for tournaments, as well as to encourage additional tournaments to be held, I'm sponsoring a competition in 2011 for the best overall coach in western north american tournaments. These should be open, NAF sanctioned tournaments, one or two day with at least ten entrants to gain full points. These would include, but not limited to:

West Coast Quake, (Los Angeles, CA) Jan 15-16th
Rat City Rumble (Seattle, WA) Feb 26th
Aftershock (Los Angeles, CA) Spring?
Celesticon 3 (Redwood City, CA) Labor Day
Spike! Magazine Cup (Vancouver, BC) Sept 10-11th
Orcland Slaughter & Block Challenge (Oakland, CA) Fall?
Nuffle's Fault (Los Angeles, CA) Nov 11th

If you are planning or are aware of any other tournaments that qualify (NAF sanctioned, western North America), please let me know and I will add them to the list.

Scoring will be calculated Formula One Style, with probably 10 points for 1st place, 8 for 2nd place etc, and 1 point for anyone attending.
1st Place: 10 pt
2nd Place: 8 pt
3rd Place: 6 pt
4th Place: 5 pt
5th Place: 4 pt
6th Place: 3 pt
7th Place: 2 pt
8th Place or Lower: 1 pt

If a qualifying tournament has less than 10 entrants, the total points given for that tournament may be reduced accordingly.

I will be posting a list of current standings on TFF, the naf website, and other local BB league forums.

Prizes:

This year I'll be sponsoring the Grand Prix personally by giving a pro painted team to the best coach. In future years I would like there to be some additional schwag connected to the tournaments, such as a legacy trophy, a commemarative plaque, and a commemorative figure given away for attending either your first or second tourney in the circuit.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

Zootsuitjeff, impresario of the West Coast Grand Prix

Last edited by zootsuitjeff on Mar 30, 2011 - 12:50 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Rando
Post subject: RE: West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2011 - 08:34 AM

Canada
I love this idea. It adds a whole dimension to the scene without having to change the way things are being run at all. Maybe we could get something similar going in the East.

Do you have a hard and fast geographical limit to the grand prix or is it west coast-ish?

Do you see any problem with someone playing in both an east and a west grand prix? I don't see that would be a problem. If someone is mobile to get in that much BB all over the continent Smile

Ryan

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2011 - 10:38 AM

United States of America
Generally From Manitoba down to Texas, west
(Winnipeg to Houston)
*Manitoba, N/S Dekota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Alaska, Hawaii*

zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject: RE: West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 01:58 AM

United States of America
One of the ideas of the Grand Prix is to cross promote tourneys and encourage people to come play from outside of the area but encouraging a higher level of competition in the tournaments. So people from the midwest or east coast are welcome.

I'd probably be pretty lenient about including any tournaments on the western half of the continent, but I'd like to know about them before they actually happen...

Rando
Post subject: RE: West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 09:47 AM

Canada
I think it's an outstanding idea. I think the limits laid out by daloonieshaman set up the east and west nicely. In fact it seems weird having a West grand prix and not an East grand prix! I'll start tracking the tally for the east side, we'll see what happens next!

Jeff, I won't add anything from the west. I see this as your show. I'll simply be doing the work on the East side. How does that sound to you?

zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 01:03 PM

United States of America
Cool, by all means go for it. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I figure the Midwest has an enviable tournament scene already, setting up the WCGP is just an attempt to encourage something like that out here.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 01:31 PM

British Columbia, Canada
So basically you want to set up something along the lines of Hall of Heroes like GW Canada use to do when they were around for W40K or WFB - combined points for attending multiple events for an overall winner. And like what the ATP does to encourage attendance at T64 and Masters Events for the build-up to the US Open by adding more money for prizes the more you attend.

Of course there is no money here, but if it encourages more people to attend Western Canadian and Western U.S. Blood Bowl tournaments then I'm all for it.

Regarding criteria:
01. Eligibility should be reserved to Coaches who attend at least 2 of the events listed above.
02. The tournaments have to be open (pretty sure everything on the list above is) and NAF sanctioned.
03. I think the tournaments to be included into the Grand Prix should be at least a T5 tournament - ie. 16 players or more.
04. All the participating tournaments/clubs toss in some fund split equally for prize support when we crown the Grand Prix winner (or winners based on funds).

Just my thoughts.
Gj.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2011 - 07:52 AM

Canada
I agree that this concept has merit.
I wouldn't want it to be too finacially motivated, I personnally think prizes should be about the glory rather than more tangible assets.

I have no problem with people promoting themselves or companies at tournaments but I don't want rewards to be significant enough to cause any conflict.

JTB

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2011 - 03:10 PM

+1 with JTB(itch) Wink

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 10:55 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      generaljason wrote:

04. All the participating tournaments/clubs toss in some fund split equally for prize support when we crown the Grand Prix winner (or winners based on funds).

Notorious_jtb wrote:
I wouldn't want it to be too finacially motivated, I personnally think prizes should be about the glory rather than more tangible assets.

I have no problem with people promoting themselves or companies at tournaments but I don't want rewards to be significant enough to cause any conflict.

I never meant handing out money Joe. All I meant by "(or winners based on funds)" was instead of awarding a trophy for the Grand Prix winner you might award top 3 provided the Grand Prix fund had enough money to cover it. I agree that cash prizes are a BAD idea.

skarsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2011 - 10:08 PM

Celesticon 3 Labor Day Weekend in Redwood City, CA more news to come

zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 30, 2011 - 12:49 AM

United States of America
      skars wrote:
Celesticon 3 Labor Day Weekend in Redwood City, CA more news to come

Awesome to hear, I will add it.

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2011 - 09:43 AM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
I know I often ask - but are there plans for a tourney at KublaCon this year?

zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 - 11:45 AM

United States of America
It would count if there was, but I'm not aware that anyone is planning it as of right now...

DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2011 - 02:33 PM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
I see a blurb about a "Street" Bowl game being played there - but no responses regarding rulesets etc, so it's hard to come from out of state with a team.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic