NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 05:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dark Elf assassins are rather nasty rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: BLINGTOOF'S GITBASH: Nov. 5&6, 2011 (Toronto, ON)  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Updated: 31-Oct-2011

The first ever Blingtoof's Gitbash will be taking place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the weekend of November 5th and 6th, 2011. The tournament is going to be goblin-themed and will be taking place at...

Meeplemart Canada
290 Carlaw Ave., Unit 202
Toronto, ON, Canada
M4M 3L1

The official homepage for the tournament is at www.blingtoof.com and you can also follow @blingtoof on Twitter.

Registration
    - Cost: $40 (Canadian). This gets you into the tournament and includes a pair of Blingtoof' Gitbash tournament dice.
    - Half of every coach's registration fee is being put into a pool to purchase prizes from Meeplemart.
    - Pre-registration is now closed but people are more than welcome to register on Saturday at 9AM
    - If you can only play on one day of the tournament it is possible to register as a "tag team" with another coach.

Coaches Registered so far (as of 31-Oct):
    1. AnthonyTBBF
    2. Peter_Meers
    3. turfchewer
    4. Chris B.
    5. Stimme (he's so excited he registered twice!)
    6. groffer
    7. Zap_Rowsdower
    8. mellis1644
    9. natsirtm
    10. Spazzfist
    11. flyingdingle
    12. andyinjapan
    13. Dwarfrunner
    14. Tyler K.

TOURNAMENT RULES AT A GLANCE

You can click here for the full rules pack but here are some quick highlights. I reiterate, these are *highlights* and all coaches are expected to have read & understood the full rules pack.

Team Creation & Progression
    - Teams are 1140 TV per the CRP and you can pick one of three skill packs (see full rules for options).
    - All races can purchase 0-16 standard goblins (i.e. not secret weapons; referred to as "Goblin Player" herein) and every team *must* have one Goblin Player on their roster.
    - During team creation, coaches may give one Goblin Player on their teams the Fan Favourite skill for free.
    - Star Players with the Stunty skill may be permanent roster additions (except Birck Far'th & Grotty).
    - Between each game two upgrades will be randomly rolled for by the TO. One of these upgrades must go to a Goblin Player.
    - Teams with less than three (3) players with the Stunty skill may not give upgrades to Big Guys other than normal skills.

Special Goblin-Themed Rules
    - Yer Not Ded: This is a resurrection-style tournament.
    - I Forgotted: The "Illegal Procedure" rule is not in use for this tournament.
    - Cheet to Win: Teams with a Goblin Player in the reserve box can try to sneak it on to the pitch.
    - Kikkum inna beenz: There will be an award for the coach who does the most successful fouling.
    - Flashy bitz: All teams must be painted with at least three colours.

Tournament Scoring
I will be using the Score software program to track the tournament which will pair players randomly in the first round and then by Swiss pairings in subsequent rounds. Tie-breakers (in order) will be:
    1. Fouling Points
    2. Net Touchdowns
    3. Net Casualties
    4. Touchdowns For
    5. Touchdowns Against
    6. Head-to-Head Record
    7. Random

Trophies (in order of prestige)
    1. Tournament winner
    2. Best fouler
    3. Most touchdowns
    4. Most casualties
    5. Best team (painting, theme, and presentation)
    6. Wooden spoon

Prizes
We have received some great prize support from Impact Miniatures and Comixinos (click here to see a full list). In addition to these prizes, half of the registration fees collected (i.e. $20 per coach) will be going towards purchasing prizes from Meeplemart.

At the conclusion of the tournament, all the prizes will be laid out on a prize table. All of the above trophy winners (except the Wooden spoon) will, in the order listed above, select a prize from the prize table. Then, all coaches (including trophy winners) will have a chance to win the remaining prizes in a raffle. Raffle tickets may be earned for free in certain ways (see rules pack for details) and may also be purchased for $1 each at the tournament. Coaches may only win one prize each as a raffle prize.

Venue Details
    - Meeplemart isn't particularly close to any fast-food places; we will be ordering lunch in both days (please bring small bills; I can't change everyone's $20s!).
    - You may bring your own food for lunch if you like but there is very limited fridge space and no way to heat anything up.
    - Meeplemart sells candy, chocolate bars, and soft drinks; cash only.
    - Alcohol is not permitted at Meeplemart.
    - Paid parking is available at a parking lot one city block north of Meeplemart at Dundas & Carlaw on the south-east corner.
    - For those wanting to try their luck at street-parking I suggest Colgate Avenue nearby. Remember that you're in Toronto; they ticket, they tow.

Last edited by wapcaplets on Oct 31, 2011 - 10:42 AM; edited 6 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 - 12:23 PM

Canada
Very cool. Looking foward to seeing the rules. This could give me incentive to make a golbin team.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 - 02:46 PM

"Blingtoof is just getting his stuff unpacked and trying to keep his pet Squig from drinking all of his Fungus-Brew Ale so there’s not a lot of information to share yet but check back often!"

LOL, you're a liar ! It's not a goblin themed tournament, it's an Eric&Craig themed tournament !

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 04:47 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
      Lizardcore wrote:
"Blingtoof is just getting his stuff unpacked and trying to keep his pet Squig from drinking all of his Fungus-Brew Ale so there’s not a lot of information to share yet but check back often!"

LOL, you're a liar ! It's not a goblin themed tournament, it's an Eric&Craig themed tournament !

Not so! I already have a date and a venue that won't change *AND* the venue knows what time to open.

I'll post a "beta" version of the rules by the end of this coming weekend.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
The first draft of the rules for Blingtoof's Gitbash have been posted. At this point, I want to treat this as a living document and would welcome feedback and constructive criticsim. At the heart of it all, this is a Goblin-themed tournament so when I was writing the rules I had the following goals in mind:

1. The rules must be fun to play.
2. The rules should reflect that goblins are stupid, unpredictable little cheaters.
3. Coaches should be given incentives to play stunty teams.

CLICK HERE to download the latest rules document.

Additionally, Blingtoof is now on Twitter! Follow him at @blingtoof for all the important news and updates.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 07:04 AM

Canada
Just did a quick read of the the rules, and have one concern: you say that a "Stunty" team is one which has at least three players with the Stunty skill. Well orcs can get that without too much trouble, and Lizardmen will definitely have that. But to my mind, neither of those teams should be considered stunty teams.

I would suggest either pumping that number up to at least seven, because even lizardmen can easily field a tough team with six skinks, or re-defining it to say that the team is comprised of nothing but stunties and big guys.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 07:24 AM

British Columbia, Canada
A true stunty team is one that only has Stunty players and Big Guys. Star players are a variable, but Stunty/just Big Guys is the constant.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 07:31 AM

Toronto, ON
My Dwarfs are short and should also qualify Wink

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Here was my thought around how I defined "Stunty" teams. First off, you guys are totally correct that the traditional definition of a "Stunty" team is a combination of only players with the Stunty skill and big guys. Personally, I haven't been to a ton of tournaments but one thing that I have noticed in the tournaments that I have attended is that Big Guys *always* have the Block skill. Big Guys are only supposed to have General skill access one in six times but 100% of the Big Guys I've seen at tournaments have Block. To me, this doesn't reflect how rare having Block on a big guy should be.

I wanted to address this in a way that gave "Stunty" teams a bit of an edge without making it too complicated. In my version of the rules before the one I posted I had a much more granular definition of a "Stunty Team" that took into account a lot of the points above (e.g. Lizardmen teams made up of only Kroxigor and Skinks) but, upon reflection, it just made the team building rules too complicated.

I figured that having three players with Stunty was a significant enough investment for teams that wouldn't ordinarily have that to justify allowing a Big Guy to have Double skills. Take Orcs, for example. With the 3-stunty rule I propose, that gives a likely starting build of 4 Black Orcs, 4 Blitzers, 3 Goblins, a Troll, and 2 re-rolls for 990K. I feel that having to invest 120K of TV on 3 goblins just so the Troll can have Block is pretty significant.

The only two other teams that aren't according-to-Hoyle "Stunty" teams would be Underworld and Lizardmen. I'll acknowledge that this does give Lizardmen a bit of an edge since there isn't a build for them that doesn't already include at least seven players with Stunty so they'd have access to Block for the Kroxigor but I feel that compelling Lizardmen teams to be only a Krox and Skinks to be considered a "Stunty Team" for the purposes of this tournament would be going too far in the other direction.

So, for the time being, I think that keeping the rule as-is strikes the best balance between compelling coaches to invest in players with Stunty to have access to upgrades other than Normal skills without ganking those teams entirely.

Whatever I wind up going with, though.... should I be using a term other than "Stunty Team" to avoid confusion?

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
I've been doing some more reflecting on the rules and I think I'm going to scrap the rule that says that you have to play with at least one Goblin on the pitch. I really like the idea of giving a Goblin "Fan Favourite" (credit to SpazzFist for that idea) but if the rules compel everyone to play with a Goblin on the pitch then Fan Favourite isn't going to mean much most of the time since they'll cancel each other out. Also, I want the inclusion of Goblins on all teams to be fun and if people have specific plays in mind that really rely on all 11 players being in position then I don't want to detract from the fun by saying that you *have* to play with a Goblin. That's the main reason why I put the starting team value at 1040 (the Goblin is essentially free). Thoughts?

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Great news... Impact Miniatures, Comixininos, and Gaspez Arts are all willing to support the Gitbash with prize support.

Impact is allowing us to make a group order for personal use at a 10% discount. Then Impact will, based on the pre-discount price, donate 20% of the value of our group order as prize support. So, for example, if we put together a group order for $500 it will only cost us $450 ($500 less 10%) and we would be given $100 as prize support (20% of $500).

Comixininos will, for every 50 Euros (approx. $70) we put together as a group order for personal use they will provide additional copies of certain items as prize support if our order contains one of those items (i.e. buy one, get one free on certain items). Included among the items they're offering for free are their really cool skill markers: http://itm.im/zp.

Gaspez Arts is providing a very generous discount for any items that I purchase as prize support from them.

I know it's a long way off at this point but take a look at the Impact and Comixininos websites and start thinking about what you'd like to put on the group orders. I'll be submitting these orders to the respective companies on Friday, September 30th so we can be sure that the items get here in time for the tournament. Also, take a look at the Gaspez site and think about what you'd like to see as prizes from there. I'll definitely be taking suggestions!

Impact Miniatures: http://www.impactminiatures.com
Comixininos: http://www.comixininos.com
Gaspez Arts: http://www.gaspez-arts.com

xkobiexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2011 - 08:34 AM

Chris, I am in for the group orders.

BTW, congrats on the 3DB contest.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2011 - 12:59 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
      xkobiex wrote:

Thanks on both accounts! I know it's way early but whenever you're sure of what you want from either Impact or Comixininos let me know at blingtoof@engler.ca.

Yeah, it was really cool to win the 3DB contest! Nothing like four cool free minis for an hour's work. Cool Cool Cool

xkobiexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2011 - 04:39 PM

wapcaplets wrote:
      xkobiex wrote:

Thanks on both accounts! I know it's way early but whenever you're sure of what you want from either Impact or Comixininos let me know at blingtoof@engler.ca.

Yeah, it was really cool to win the 3DB contest! Nothing like four cool free minis for an hour's work. Cool Cool Cool

No kidding, I got an honourable mention, at least.

Anyway, I will be ordering something from both Impact and Comixininos. I may even decide to get one of the custom minis from Gaspez. Will let you know when I finalize my choices.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2011 - 06:47 PM

Canada
Count me in for some stuff, deffinently Impact, but will look at the others and get back to you.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic