NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 02:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Ribs! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PipeyOffline
21 Post subject: The NAF Championship -19/20 May 2012 *PRE-REGISTRATION OPEN*  PostPosted: Dec 26, 2011 - 11:37 AM

England
Hi everyone

2012 rules pack and all details here:
http://thenaf.net/downloads/NAF_Champ_2012.pdf

To secure your place:
-send £40 via paypal to thenafchampionship@gmail.com
-include your name, NAF name and email address
-tickets can be bought as above from January 14th 2012

Also see instructions in the rulespack re roster pre-submission prior to the tournament date. Pre-registration is now open, as of 2nd April 2012.

Clarification on use of miniatures (from Warhammer World Manager):
Regarding the non-GW model question- basically, if it is a citadel miniature, we’re ok with it! So if they’re old, even ancient citadel miniatures from previous editions, that’s good with us (even great – we love seeing old toys!). If it’s a conversion of a citadel miniature, that’s all good, so long as all components used are either citadel or completely scratch-sculpted with greenstuff.

Thanks
Brendan

Last edited by Pipey on Aug 20, 2012 - 12:50 PM; edited 10 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
ManuelOffline
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Spain
Hi there!
I'm new here in the NAF, but not in the hobby, and I'm very interested on these tournament. I've got a question about the rules you've posted here. It's about the "only GW miniatures".

I have a GW human team from the 3rd edition box and, as there where only 2 blitzers, I bought on ebay another 2 linemen. I did some transformations on them, with parts of other GW miniatures (dark eldars and horses, I think). So, everything is GW, and my linemens look more like real blitzer than linemens. But again, will this be a problem?

Thanks,

Manuel.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2011 - 08:37 AM

Undisclosed
No, as long as the models don't contain parts from other companies, conversions are fine.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Dec 28, 2011 - 09:36 AM

England
That is correct, I can confirm. Cheers Darkson.

I think it's pretty clear in the rulespack.

Thanks
Brendan

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2011 - 02:23 AM

England
Clarification added in title post re use of miniatures.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 05, 2012 - 04:51 AM

Ah I was hoping to have all skills up front or three per day rather than one per game. Maybe next year ;]

Combined with the lack of non GW minis I'll have to have a rethink on what race. Looking forward to it regardless, see you all there!

Jon

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 05:28 AM

England
The idea behind the very straightforward (even unimaginative!) ruleset is to keep things simple for newer players or those for whom the NAF Championship is the only tournament of the year.

Also I think there's merit in providing a consistent product year on year. The World Cup, Wimbledon etc. etc. don't change their format or rules every year either Wink

There's a veritable buffet of unusual tournaments out there across the UK and elsewhere, which is great. But we're hoping the simplicity of the NAF Championship will be a selling point!

(Posting here as much in response to some other comments on TFF as to Grumbledook's post.)

GlowwormOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 10:40 AM

Undisclosed
      Pippy wrote:

(Posting here as much in response to some other comments on TFF as to Grumbledook's post.)

thanks for that Wink

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 11:36 AM

England
No probs Simon! Smile

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2012 - 05:39 AM

all skills every game is simpler than one per game imo

the world cup has changed format, sure not every year but that's not what I was asking for and there is precedent for change as you increased the money teams have to buy with ;]

it might also make sense to put a link to the rules etc on the tournament listing page too http://thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=tournaments&func=view&id=1457 that's the first place I'd go to look for any tournament rules and they aren't there yet

Jon

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2012 - 12:42 AM

England
Cheers Grum, will do.

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 12, 2012 - 03:05 AM

England
Quick heads up: tickets are on sale the day after tomorrow. Jan 14th 0900.

The team are currently working on this year's unique giveaway. Which is shaping up to be as good if not better than last year's commemorative coin.

Spaces are limited so don't delay.

See the rules pack above for all details Smile

BeppeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 01:50 AM
Former President

Italy
How many tickets can a single person buy?

PipeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 03:12 AM

England
Last year we said 10 max, but if you need to buy more PM me and we can arrange something.

Sounds promising Wink

BeppeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2012 - 05:49 AM
Former President

Italy
Yeah, I think that this time you'll see more Italians than last year... Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic