NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 04:58 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dsavillianOffline
Post subject: PowTown 2012: December 8: Calgary, Alberta  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2012 - 04:16 PM

Calgary, AB
The official name for the tournament is PowTown 2012.

Full rules are here:
http://www.calgarygamers.net/forum/index.php?topic=1118.0

I need to format that a bit better, so once I do that I'll post the full rules text here.

Thanks,
Dsav

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Any interest in a tourney in Calgary, Alberta?  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Canada
I am not in calgary but blankpage is and he has been moaning about a lack of tournaments you should contact him!

dsavillianOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Any interest in a tourney in Calgary, Alberta?  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2012 - 10:45 AM

Calgary, AB
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I am not in calgary but blankpage is and he has been moaning about a lack of tournaments you should contact him!

Thanks for the heads up!

I sent him a PM back in December but haven't heard anything, so I imagine he hasn't checked in since then

generaljasonOffline
Post subject: Re: Any interest in a tourney in Calgary, Alberta?  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2012 - 11:07 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      dsavillian wrote:
We at the BBLOC are considering running a one day tournament to try and bring back the glory days of yore when there was a Spike magazine tourney held in Calgary (2004? I don't know, I wasn't playing at that time, heh).

We are considering hosting a smaller 4 match tournament if we can get local interest. We can count on a reasonable number of players from our local league, but we haven't really reached out to anyone else within driving distance.

Would anyone in the Calgary area be interested if we held something?

It'd be our first kick at the can, so we don't want to overwhelm ourselves with a 2 day gig just yet, and we figure a one day'er will be plenty for us to handle Smile

Let me know!

Thanks,
Dsav

Hey,

Calgary hosted the Spike! in 2007 so it's not as ancient history like you think. Very Happy But yeah it has been a while since we heard anything coming out of there since then so I was pleased to read this.

Like I said to Colin when he has trying to get some guys from the west coast to come out to da Grots, provided you guys are willing to go to a 2-day format in the future you'd probably see at least 2 carloads of guys from the west attending.

For now I say you guys get your feet wet and run a 1-dayer and try to get some local support (Calgary/Edmonton), but when you feel your ready, provided the event does not directly conflict with any of the other PacWest events (Spike! September, RCR February, Iron Mike October) myself and I think at least a half dozen guys plus would travel for a 2-day blood bowl tournament in Calgary.

Looking forward to it! Sorry for the lack of reply but I just read this. Good luck with this dsavillian and keep us posted.

Hope to see you out for the Spike! Magazine in September!

Craig.

dsavillianOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Any interest in a tourney in Calgary, Alberta?  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2012 - 10:40 AM

Calgary, AB
Right now we are still in the idea phase, so we are going to try out a 1-day event and see how that goes.

Luckily we have 21 players in our league right now, so we have a good base to work from when trying to figure out the logistics of a tournament!

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2012 - 03:58 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing how that goes - keep us posted.

21 players eh? Go bloc! That's great man. I haven't heard about that much Blood Bowl activity coming out of Calgary since '07. Good stuff. Very Happy

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Canada
I am interested.

I see you did send a PM. I can't play in a closed format league, with games on weekends. I just won't be able to play the required games.

Let me know when you get a tourney going, It should give me time to get a team.

GH

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'm interested, depending on when it is of course, but definately interested. I am in Red Deer, BTW.

You mignt wasnt to try to contact the people in Edmonton as well, they might be interested.

Do you know Toby from Airdrie? Not sure if he's in your league, but he knows the people up in Edmonton and could get you in touch with them.

Just an idea, you could try to resurrect the old Calgary tourny, the Ablerta Apocolypse Challenge, used to be run by Toppy (not sure if you know him either).

Anyway, keep us posted on any details conserning the tourney.

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 23, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Canada
Who is the Edmonton crew? DA SCUM?

dsavillianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:25 PM

Calgary, AB
      Blank_Page wrote:
I am interested.

I see you did send a PM. I can't play in a closed format league, with games on weekends. I just won't be able to play the required games.

Let me know when you get a tourney going, It should give me time to get a team.

GH

Too bad you aren't able to join our league Sad Our 3rd season is approaching the playoffs, and our "between season tournament" is coming up quickly!

As for the resurrection/non league tournament, we've been slow working out details.

I'll bug the guys this weekend and see if we can work something out.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 26, 2012 - 01:01 PM

British Columbia, Canada
2-dayer dude - 2-dayer!! Very Happy

dsavillianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Calgary, AB
So, we've offically kicked off the promotion of our 1 day tournament on Dec 8th!

I'm having trouble finding out who is the NAF regional coordinator for Canada though... anyone know who that is? I think the timeline is too short to get sanctioned, but we'll try anyway. Worst case is we can get a head start on our 2 day event in spring/summer 2013 Smile

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Canada
GeneralJason handles the west side of Canada, but I can help you out as well. just pm me and I can give you whatever info I can.

If the tournament is on Dec 8th, you can still get it sanctioned. The sooner the better.

dsavillianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Calgary, AB
PMs sent!

We are pretty excited. Custom d6s have been ordered, promo materials are being worked on.

There's even talk about setting up a live stream of the event on twitch.tv (our host location already does this for MTG events!)

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 10:26 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
GeneralJason handles the west side of Canada, but I can help you out as well. just pm me and I can give you whatever info I can.

If the tournament is on Dec 8th, you can still get it sanctioned. The sooner the better.

On it. Thanks for the heads up Mark!

dsavillian wrote:

PMs sent!

We are pretty excited. Custom d6s have been ordered, promo materials are being worked on.

There's even talk about setting up a live stream of the event on twitch.tv (our host location already does this for MTG events!)

Pm sent back. Wink If you have any more questions Dave just let me know. Glad to see this tournament up and running!

Just let me know what the name of this tournament is and more details when you enter the listing and we'll edit this thread, and then sticky it in the list of Upcoming Tournaments above.

Gj.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic