NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 05, 2024 - 06:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Concussion! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyberHare
Post subject: Death Bowl 2003 - 2 days to go  PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 - 09:36 PM

All right everyone I've finished pounding out the details for the 2003 Death Bowl Championship. The tournament will be held on the 18th & 19th of October, 2003, in the Montreal, Quebec area. This is THE NAF sanctioned Death Bowl Championship. The winner of this tournament will be determined in a four way Death Bowl match between the top four players after four rounds of play.

Full tournament rules and further details on how to register can be found at www.house-rulez.com/db2003/db2003.html.

If you have ever wanted a chance to test your team in the brutal game of Death Bowl then this is your chance. Do you think you have what it takes to take to the field against three opponents at the same time? Do you think your team will survive with NO referee, NO Apothecary, and NO regeneration? Find out for yourself! This is the Death Bowl, check your soul at the door!

The 2003 Death Bowl Championship is hosted by www.house-rulez.com

Last edited by CyberHare on Oct 15, 2003 - 11:12 AM; edited 14 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 - 08:29 AM

Toronto, ON
I will be there!

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

IanTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 - 03:14 PM

The latest show of hands indicates at least 6 of us from the TBBF.

"Dammit, there's only one S in Dundas!"

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2003 - 09:09 AM

Toronto, ON
Hey Brian, you have any recommendations on hotels near the event location?

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 10:16 AM

Well that would depend on if you would ratrher stay closer to the event location for more money or stay a little further away for a more reasonable rate. I'll gather a few names and phone numbers and post them to the Death Bowl website.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 06:36 AM

Ok there have been a lot of updates to the Death Bowl website since I last posted here. Head on over the www.house-rulez.com/db2003/db2003.html to check it out.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 06:43 AM

Toronto, ON
Well half the TBBF is comin' how about everyone else? Have we scared all the Americans away?

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 06:49 AM
Da Warboss

England
the deathbowl site looks great, I'm going to have to get a site for my next tourney. and that axe... Shocked

NAF #60

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:12 AM

AnthonyTBBF wrote:
Well half the TBBF is comin' how about everyone else? Have we scared all the Americans away?

Only Half ? And what's the rests excuse ? Smile

I'm guessing that most of the Americans have been intimidated by the utter brutality of the whole event. I mean if sexy women in black longcoats can't coax them to come they must be petrified Shocked

I'm further along with the axe than those pictures detail. There has been a LOT of grinding going on and it's almost to the point where you can swing it comfortably Twisted Evil ...... not that I've tried...... or intended to.

Oh and I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere yet so here's an exclusive for you NAF forum guys. Anthony Watts has agreed to paint the figure that will sit on top of the first place trophy. Now if that's not something to get excited about then you have never seen one of Anthonies painted figs! There will be no pictures posted of the finished fig before the tournament. Those who attend the tournament will have the privilege of being the first to see it.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:19 AM

Indigo wrote:
the deathbowl site looks great, I'm going to have to get a site for my next tourney. and that axe... Shocked

I would trade the whole website for the cool tournament pack that you've prepared. I'm glad you like the axe. I really hope that I can finish it in time for the tournament but I'm running out of time. It's done enough now to suffice for this year but I was hoping it would be completed in time. Dang real world, keeps soaking up my BB time Very Happy

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:53 AM

Sorry, there is one American who is tough enough to attend the Death Bowl. Old Man Monkey has told me that he will be there.

Brian

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 - 11:30 AM

Canada
Hi guys!

As I noticed Brian earlier, I won't be able to attend because of working duties (by the way, TBBFers attending the tourney should know that the Habs will kick some Maple Leafs asses on Saturday the 18, at the Bell Center, hence me not attending the Death Bowl...).

BUT, I was wondering, if a guy not working on a Sunday and willing to put some faces on the nicknames he acquainted for the last year or so could show up, with a half painted team, and play some casual BB with some of the guys? Would I interfere with the tourney or is there some possibilities?

Let me know !

Fred

TeambloodyhornsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 - 04:01 PM

wish i could make it but trips from fla to canada are not in the cards at this time
daniel

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 - 05:35 PM

SBG wrote:
BUT, I was wondering, if a guy not working on a Sunday and willing to put some faces on the nicknames he acquainted for the last year or so could show up, with a half painted team, and play some casual BB with some of the guys? Would I interfere with the tourney or is there some possibilities?

Come on by. You're more than welcome to come. Putting faces to the names is what these tournaments are all about. Well, aside from kicking your opponents .....

Brian

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 - 05:39 PM

Teambloodyhorns wrote:
wish i could make it but trips from fla to canada are not in the cards at this time
daniel

It's only a two day drive Cool

I've been driving around to all the gaming stores in the area and personally putting up adverts for the event. I have no idea how many people are coming yet but my most conservative estimate at this time is 30 people. Anyone who thought this was going to be a small tournament should think again.

Brian

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic