NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:38 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Borak knows Blood Bowl. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GrasshopperOffline
Post subject: Sand in my shorts or Khemri, the other Undead  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 - 04:20 PM

United States of America
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone besides myself plays with a Khemri team? If so can you share a little bit of your strategies with them? My 4 mummies do a pretty good job of Banging folks around, and every now and then my Thro-Ra's find a corpse near the end zone. However, their liche priest seems to haev missed the part in the book of the dead that expalins the concept of running, passing pretty much anything that covers dependable scoring. Help? Confused

Also, anyone heard anything of a model for the RAMTUT III star player fig (if there is going to be one)?

Thanks,
-B Twisted Evil

Last edited by Grasshopper on Jul 21, 2003 - 06:13 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 - 05:39 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Definately a superb Ramtut figure on its way (there were some threads recently about the new minis and I'm sure he featured there).

As for the Khemri they are supposed to be the worst ball handlers in the game. Just thank your lucky stars for 4 piling on mummies.

GrasshopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 - 06:18 PM

United States of America
SEXCELLENT ! ! ! Glad to hear it... I was dabbling with going to work on one of my mummies.

They are lousy for handling... the thro's make up for it a little with a AG of 3 and sure hands, but apart from that it's the most frustrating thing next to having a busted zipper after at a keg party. And forget handing it off to the mummies, rassin frassin AG 1 droppin' the ball everywhere... Evil or Very Mad

Thanks skulls. Twisted Evil

Melifaxis
Post subject: Re: Sand in my shorts or Khemri, the other Undead  PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 - 06:26 PM

United States of America
      Grasshopper wrote:
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone besides myself plays with a Khemri team? If so can you share a little bit of your strategies with them? My 4 mummies do a pretty good job of Banging folks around, and every now and then my Thro-Ra's find a corpse near the end zone. However, their liche priest seems to haev missed the part in the book of the dead that expalins the concept of running, passing pretty much anything that covers dependable scoring. Help? Confused

Also, anyone heard anything of a model for the RAMTUT III star player fig (if there is going to be one)?

Thanks,
-B Twisted Evil

You should probably just retire. You can't beat my Chaos Dwarves Wink

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 12:52 AM

Undisclosed
      Grasshopper wrote:
They are lousy for handling... the thro's make up for it a little with a AG of 3 and sure hands,

You do know that Thro-ra and Blit-ra are AG2 now, didn't you? Twisted Evil

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 02:15 AM

Undisclosed

Grasshopper check out the 2003 annual as the blitz ras and the thro-ras are cheap ra. . . .

when are khemri gonna be offical?

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 04:30 AM

England
I've played several games with my Khemri now, using those cursed AG2 position players. A 1 in 4 chance of failing to pick up the ball with your Thro-Ra is horrible. It could just be my luck, but 4 piling on Mummies has really not been that useful so far.

Your best bet for scoring is to cunningly fool your opponent into kicking the ball off the field for a touchback.

Use your Thro-Ras to run the ball and your Blitz-Ras to protect them.

Use your Mummies to open a hole and, for as long as possible, to protect your Blitz-Ras. This is because, apart from your mummies, your entire team is extremely fragile and easily caught.

Use your remaining Skeletons to get in the way, but expect them to get powdered by anything harder than a Gobbo, or perhaps a WElf.

Never, Never pass, unless you are absolutely desperate.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 06:49 AM

Mordredd wrote:
I've played several games with my Khemri now, using those cursed AG2 position players. A 1 in 4 chance of failing to pick up the ball with your Thro-Ra is horrible.

Let's put this in perspective. With AG3, you fail a standard pickup roll 4 times out of 36. With AG2, you fail the same roll 9 times out of 36. The difference is 5 out of 36 - in other words, you'll notice a difference about once every 7 pickup tries. In fact, you only notice it on a standard pickup roll if the following conditions hold true:

* You roll a 3 on the first roll and follow it with a 1-3 on the re-roll.
* You roll a 1-2 on the first roll and follow it with a 3 on the re-roll.

That's it; those are the 5 combinations out of 36 that make a difference. Yes, it's aggravating, but it's definitely new, and it certainly keeps Khemri from being a championship-level team.

My advice, purely hypothetical as I've never played them for any length of time:

* Develop a pair of Skeletons into backup runners. Give them Sure Hands, followed by Block. This allows you to cover your entire backfield easily.
* Use your Blitz-Ras as support players for your Skeletons. Give them Guard first, Tackle second. If you are feeling frisky, try Break Tackle.
* Let Skeletons make Blocks. You have to field at least 3 of them. Might as well be unafraid to use them.

Obviously your Mummies will have to do a lot of work, tie up a lot of opponents, etc. I suggest Frenzy ASAP on them. You need to bring that MB to bear each and every time you can. Block is essential, of course; no secret there.

-Chet

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 08:06 AM
Da Warboss

England
heh I remember a quote from someone (I think it was you chet)

"You can never have too much ST5 Frenzy"

Cool

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 08:27 AM

England
You will fail a standard pick up roll twice as often as any other team with your Thro-Ras. I'm not saying this is wrong, just that you have to be acutely aware of their incompetence in your tactical planning. Put a tackle zone on the ball before picking it up, do all your Mummies blocking first etc.

The hypothetical advice, from my experience so far, seems pretty accurate. I would suggest developing the Blitz-Ras into your backup runners, as this only takes the addition of one skill. From the way I've been playing they also tend to be in the right place at the right time to be useful as well. IMO they are not tough enough to be front line guard players, your opponent will go "Hmm, that's an annoying player with guard" and squish them.

Give the Mummies Guard. They do want to maintain contact, and will be much harder to get rid of. IMO the first 3 skills should be block, guard, stand firm. This will keep your blocking reliable, make it harder for your opponent to get 1 die blocks on you, and keep you in contact with the opposition. (Double push backs, you choose, can get very annoying.) Consider Frenzy if you get a double, maybe tackle if there is allot of dodge in your league. Even multiple block if you're feeling lucky, or have lots of guard players. I would not go for piling on unless faced with lots of high armour teams, like Orcs and Dwarves.

GrasshopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 09:03 AM

United States of America
      Darkson wrote:
      Grasshopper wrote:
They are lousy for handling... the thro's make up for it a little with a AG of 3 and sure hands,

What? Shocked You gotta be kidding me... who was the genius behind that? Ramtut I is rolling over in his grave. Evil or Very Mad

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 09:23 AM

I am playing my second game with them in MBBL.

My plan is to use skeletons as recievers and Blit-ra as running backs. I will also use the thro-ra as runners until I get my first skill of accurate. After that point I can use them as passers.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 09:55 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      jmccubbin wrote:
My plan is to use skeletons as recievers and Blit-ra as running backs. I will also use the thro-ra as runners until I get my first skill of accurate. After that point I can use them as passers.

I'd forget the passing game with your low speed and terrible AG its just going to fail far too often.

Just develop a solid running game - so a couple of players who can get the ball and hold onto it (Block, Sure Hands, Dodge) combined with a very nasty blocking capability (4 Piling On Mummies plus the Blitz-Ras).

In general I'd always choose to kick and hope I can wear my opponent down for an easy second half.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 10:56 AM

Undisclosed
      Grasshopper wrote:
      Darkson wrote:
      Grasshopper wrote:

What? Shocked You gotta be kidding me... who was the genius behind that? Ramtut I is rolling over in his grave. Evil or Very Mad

Heh heh heh! Guess you didn't, eh! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.blood-bowl.net/GWTeams/GWRosters.html

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 11:53 AM

United States of America
      Grasshopper wrote:

Don't worry his commissioner knows, but like the Undead squad in the league he is grandfathered. Cool

OD I had nothing to do with the change...this was not an attempt to powergame you into oblivion Twisted Evil

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic