NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 05:43 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got ur coach. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GertwiseOffline
Post subject: Lookin for players or Leagues in the Kansas City Area  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Shoot me off an email if you're one or in one of those.

Reply with quote Back to top
lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 08:29 PM

United States of America

I'm in k.c. pm me if you like. I know that a league is being proposed, and have been in contact with it's lead member.

ThetianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:25 PM

Kansas City
      lawquoter wrote:
I'm in k.c. pm me if you like. I know that a league is being proposed, and have been in contact with it's lead member.

LOL. I've already PM'd him.

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 12:44 AM

I am actually getting ready to run a league in the K.C. area. email me if you have any questions, or you may have already emailed me...

I have about twenty-some players already invited, but I am sure we could throw on a few more victims...err potential blood bowl winners!

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 01:48 PM

United States of America

Thetian, any update? I'd be up for a friendly or two. Destro, where is your league based?

ThetianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 02:47 PM

Kansas City
      lawquoter wrote:
Thetian, any update? I'd be up for a friendly or two. Destro, where is your league based?

I'm about to give up on organizing this league through this store. I might just take the 3 of my 'hard core' players and play in one of these other leagues. I sent you a PM with my cell # on TBB. I'll send it again here. I think there's something wrong with me. I have an urge to play High Elves. Rolling Eyes

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 01:22 AM

my league will be based out of tabletop game and hobby in lenexa. have you heard of it?

GertwiseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 07:55 AM

I know where that's at. Let me know when.

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 08:19 AM

drop by tabletop this sunday, there should be some people warming up for the league and I can give you all the info then, plus you can get in a game or two. this is not going to be an open league where you can play whenever/whoever you want. we tried that last year and none of the big players would play each other and alot of people lost interest. there will be a loose schedule of three opponnents per every two weeks which you can play in any order for a total of 16 games (plus 2 preseason games where your win/loss doesn't count). there will be divisions and conferences and you will play everyone in your division twice and then a series of non-divisional opponnents deterimed by the commish and scheduling commitee. the divisional winners and wildcard teams will then go into a single elimination bracket for a chance to go to the blood bowl with the other playoff teams falling into the other bowl games (chaos cup, spike magazine trophy, etc.) as they are eliminated.

if this sounds interesting to you then drop by sunday at tabletop (about 4pm.) and ask for the commish.

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 12:32 PM

United States of America

I don't know where this hobby shop is, so I'd be interested in an address. Unfortunately, I've got an engagement on Sunday at that time, would it be a problem if I missed sunday?

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 11:11 PM

tabletop game and hobby is at
7797 quivira rd.
lenexa KS 66216
the phone number is (913)-962-4263

if you can't make it this sunday then come by the store and ask for Matt sometime during the week, mainly wednesday thru friday evening 3-7pm. everyone pretty much will know who you mean that works there and I can fill you in on more info. sundays will be the main days for the league so if you cant make most sundays then it may not be worth your time as that is when most games will be played. I'm not saying don't show, missing a sunday or two wont be a problem, I am just trying to prevent last years failed league where people would only show once every three weeks and then wonder why the league died. if you are interested, let me know sometime this week as the league will probably start in two weeks and I need a week to set up divisions and the schedules for about 20 to 30 teams and to collect the entrance fees.

thanks for the interest,
destro

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2003 - 09:22 AM

United States of America

Thanks for the info. I'll try to drop by friday. I'm not sure if I can make a fixed schedule league at this moment, but sundays are good days to run a league, so hopefully I could make it work. Thanks for the info, and if I can't make the league at this time, good luck with it. Hopefully I can make it work though.

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 01:47 AM

thats cool,

if you cant make the league dont worry about it. if this goes well, I will do another one either before the NFL season starts (maybe a tournament) or around this time next year. who knows, maybe it will go so well they want to play again right away! no matter what I will try to announce the next league on this site for those interested.

thanks for listening,
destro

AristodeimosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Destro,

I don't live in KC, but visit often since my wife and kids are living in Fort Leavenworth. Are you going to have a "minor league" that supports one-shot games?

BTW, I've helped run a DC-area league for the last five years. I'd be more than happy to share our "Lessons Learned" with you on how to keep a league started and running strong.

Aristodeimos

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 11:46 PM

there will be people playing this sunday at Tabletop game and hobby in lenexa if you want to try and pick up a game. I don't know if there will be too much out of league gaming going on unless people just can't get enough league BB or want to try a different team. I myself am playing wood elves for fun until my humans are ready for league play.

if you have any suggestions on how to run a succesful league, I am willing to listen to them. it sounds like you done a good job so far to have onw last for five years.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic