NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 09:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Deathwing is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GriffOberwald69Offline
Post subject: MVP to Dead Player ...  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 06:06 AM

In my last match, the MVP bonus goes to a Dead player (reast in pieces) ! Shocked

Is this correct ? Vampire

Bye

Griff

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 06:08 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Yup. Several leagues (like one of mine) house rule this away (its a setting in the PBeM Tool).

But it is the official LRB rules.

Galak

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 09:12 AM

Canada
It's a shame when that happens to you, but I find it so funny when it happens to my opponent!

Fred

phinalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 09:32 AM

now what if there is lets say a human team versus a necromantic team.

human #28 dies to a werewolf and gets turned into a zombie and starts playing for the necro team.

at the end of the match you roll for starplayers and the human coach rolls for human #28, techniquely he finished the game but on the other team. because you clear the SPPs off the human onces he turns into the zombie do you think he should get the MVP points because this is after the fact?

i personally think this would be funny as hell and from a game balance perspective i don't see it being too powerful since it will only happen once in a blue moon.

you roll MVP at the end of the match so when do you remove or add someone on your roster? since the MVP is lost when you have a dead player you must keep him on your roster till the end of the game. and i'd assume you add the zombie before the end of the game so perhaps he even has the ability to get 2 MVPs for a match ....

donno but this is something i wonder if it could be clarified

westonwyseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 10:11 AM

Well, he played for both teams. If he was the best player on both teams, why not?

"Us Dwarves may be short, but I prefer to think of myself as 'in weapons range of your groin.'"

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 03:36 PM

Undisclosed
Sucks, doesn't it Wink

@ phinaal - the same question was asked on the GW BB forum, and someone said it was clarified somewhere that the team with the dead player hjust loses the MVP, the zombie doesn't get it twice. Not sure where the clarification was from though.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 03:46 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

phinal wrote:
now what if there is lets say a human team versus a necromantic team.

human #28 dies to a werewolf and gets turned into a zombie and starts playing for the necro team.

at the end of the match you roll for starplayers and the human coach rolls for human #28, techniquely he finished the game but on the other team. because you clear the SPPs off the human onces he turns into the zombie do you think he should get the MVP points because this is after the fact?

i personally think this would be funny as hell and from a game balance perspective i don't see it being too powerful since it will only happen once in a blue moon.

you roll MVP at the end of the match so when do you remove or add someone on your roster? since the MVP is lost when you have a dead player you must keep him on your roster till the end of the game. and i'd assume you add the zombie before the end of the game so perhaps he even has the ability to get 2 MVPs for a match ....

donno but this is something i wonder if it could be clarified

The way I see it is like this:

The player is called 'Mr Smith' Shocked . 'Mr Smith' does some amazing stuff in his last ever match, and is posthumously awarded the MVP by appreciative viewers..... Very Happy Smile Confused

Fresh Zombie #37 joins the Undead team. He feels.... nothing, he isdead after all!! Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately (but fortunately for the League Commissioners 'Did You Know?' section in the monthly news letter) any and all experience gained by a player when he is alive is reverted to 0 when he is dead (even a fresh dead 'un like a zombie as opposed to a skeleton.... Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Confused )[/b]

224th at The World Cup II

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2003 - 05:51 AM

England
      Quote:
'Mr Smith' does some amazing stuff in his last ever match, and is posthumously awarded the MVP by appreciative viewers

Quote:
all experience gained by a player when he is alive is reverted to 0 when he is dead

Reading all that I find myself unsure as to whether you are for or against the zombie getting his former teams MVP. It is, after all, awarded to him after his demise and so was not part of those SPPs wiped by his death (or perhaps more accurately his zombification).

I say let him have it, for the comedy value alone. Laughing

westonwyseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2003 - 09:22 AM

But it was still experience gained when he was alive. No, he definitely wouldn't get SPPs as a zombie for getting an MVP as a human. He could get them that game as a zombie, though. He could never get both.

"Us Dwarves may be short, but I prefer to think of myself as 'in weapons range of your groin.'"

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 14, 2003 - 10:31 AM

England
From my perspective an MVP is not experience, but a boost in the confidence of the player as a result of winning the award. He's still been voted the best player and, if further argument is needed, it is possible to get an MVP from the handicap table before a player has even played his first match. I.e. match experience is net necessary to gain the SPP benefits of an MVP award.

zeuzismOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2003 - 04:23 PM

In my oppinion he can have both: as doubleskulls said, when dies his SPP's are levelled to zero. But he receives both MVP's after the match (in post-match). That is after his death. So he didn't win the MVP before dieing and as a result of that he can't loose it by dieing.

An example: Humie starts match with 4 SPP's, niggles a mummy and therefore gains 2 SPP's (He now has 6!), then the other mummy stomp's him to death in a rage (he niggled his buddy Evil or Very Mad) . Humie is no longer and looses all SPP's, he is now in fact mummies buddy, a zombie sparring partner. Next drive Zombie fixes one of his old team-mates and gains 2 SPP's (the crowd goes wild!). And after the match there can be no doubt, as he was the only cool guy on both teams he gains 2 MVP's. Happy zombie now has 12 SPP's.

Is that BB?

Yes.

And I love it.!

GRR, zeuzism

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2003 - 07:09 PM

I agree, give him both!

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 - 03:19 PM

Has anyone ever tried a.... Logical way of dealing out the MVP? I mean I personally think that giving the MVP to a player who did... Nothing is rather dumb. After all MVP is Most Valuable Player, not gimp who stood there with his thumb in his rear. Maybe something like this.

Scored TD = 3 MVP Points
Injury = 1 MVP Point
Injury Resulting in SI = 2 MVP Points
Injury Resulting in Pushing Up Daisies = 5 MVP Points
Sucessful Pass = 2 MVP
Sucessful Catch = 1 MVP Point
Sucessful Handoff = 1 MVP Point

I think this represents the fans excitement factor for certain activities.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 - 03:40 PM

The problem with this is that without the random MVP, your linemen will never get a skill.

MVP is better off random.

BabsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2003 - 02:53 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
The zombie (or skellie if you play Khemri) player conundrum is an interesting one. however I do believe that the official answer would be that the newly joined member of the undead side would be only able to gain one MVP.

Feel free to house rule it otherwise (and hey it is funny!).

This conclusion is arrived at from the spirit of the necromantic rules on p27 where "the new player has standard zombie characteristics no matter what his skills or abilities in life."

It's not an official answer - just my best guess at what an official answer would look like (and I get 1/7 of the votes on it Smile )

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic