NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 02:25 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Get your NAF on. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2003 - 01:15 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

DarkAngel wrote:
I understand and agree that both allies and the current Master chef are unbalancing. And yes, our stadiums are somewhat geared towards their "home" team. But, I'd like to think my coaching might have a little to do with it too...

Oh don't get me wrong, you still need to be a decent coach to pull off an 8-2 record with Flings. My record with the pure LRB 2.0 rules (no house rules at all) with Flings in the PBeMBBL is 8 wins - 8 losses. But the Human Thrower (Sure Hands to get the ball and Pass to move it downfield) go a long way to helping the team move the ball by total negating their probably picking up the ball and given the team a very real passing game. The purchased Master Chef meant you lower you opponent's ability to reroll against you while making you game easier.

So yes, coaching ability is very important but having catchers with the ability to ignore TZs with a good thrower and the rerolls stealing powers of the Chef every game definitely gave you a big helping hand with the team.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I believe that these two modifications are enough to make halflings one of the best teams out there. Of course, even with the best team, you still need to know your game if you want to win.

DarkAngelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2003 - 04:29 PM

actually, the human thrower is playing less of a role now that 2 of my flings have AG 4.
My Treemen have been hurling them downfield with not much success, but now it's much easier to land them on their feet now.
My latest game, although a victory, was very rough on the little buggers. I scored 4 touchdowns at the cost of one dead, three serious injuries, and two badly hurt. My Treeman was seriously injured too but you know my Apothecary was all over that! hehe.

BenArdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 09, 2003 - 08:34 AM

Although I have only recently started my Halfling team I have the awesome record of 0-6. with the grand total of 0 touchdown’s. Needless to say that I don’t have any allies and have to rely on the plucky fella’s pulling off the plays by themselves.
I have been getting nearer to scoring in every game I play, I was only 5 squares away in the last game before it all went horribly wrong. In my defence all the teams I have played are veterans and there aren’t any new teams at the moment and the only reason I picked Halflings was for the crack.
It just makes it more fun when you fail spectacularly at everything, and you can really annoy opponents with shouts of Olé every time you survive a block attempt. And then sit all smug when you foul an opponent to death!!! Very Happy Or wipe out their star player with an inaccurately thrown team mate Laughing

Oh yeah, the new Master Chef rules are much better for me as our league doesn’t allow wizards to be used (although it isn’t very effective at the moment as all the teams I play have 6+ Rerolls ) Rolling Eyes

GColeman76Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2003 - 11:01 AM

Undisclosed
Sounds like you're having a little whinge Mr.Ard, I have to agree scraping bits of Halflings of my Goblin Team's boots is great!

I think.............

GrettelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2003 - 09:27 PM

And Treemen!! The Chaos boys loved that game.... Twisted Evil

BenArdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2003 - 10:44 AM

No whineging here. and i would just like to refer both you and grettel back to recent matches against my Lizardmen where i do belive i opened a couple of king size cans of whoop-ass? What was it.....14 odd casualties between the two of you? Cool

And my Skink really enjoyed niggling Grettels Norse's Ogre. Wink

GColeman76Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 12, 2003 - 02:31 PM

Undisclosed
The only thing with that is didn't you lose to the gobbos with your fine Lizards!!?

I think.............

BenArdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2003 - 08:45 AM

Absolutely correct, however shouldn't it be pointed out that my team was only in it's 7th game and had only 3 or 4 players with additional skills whereas your gobbo's were playing thier 20-odd-th game and had many additional skills (including 3 players with AG4)? and by the end of the game didn't you only have 1 AG4 player left?

In any case would you like a rematch now that the teams are more evenly matched?

Oh,.........and aren't you out of the tournament whereas my Lizards have made it to the semi's? (although i'm guaranteed to go out seeing as i have yet to register a single tournament final stages win!!!

ps. please ignore the fact that it has taken nearly a week to reply, apparently my home pc won't let me post as it is an invalid session. I've been trying to reply since saturday.

Respect my authoritaah!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic