NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 04:42 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:07 PM

United States of America
IP is a stupid rule anyway. it's so 2nd grade...haha I caught you. How come warhammer doesn't have a turn marker...their games only go a limited amount of turns.
IP is there to teach coaches to move their turn marker....after that it's lost it's place.

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:11 PM

I guess that IP when touching a player must have been the 3rd ed rule then. Didn't know they changed it. That does complicate things now.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 03:40 PM

England
I was pretty sure it was, but I looked it up anyway, and the wording is the same in the 3rd Ed. handbook as in the LRB. I can't think where you could have got the 'IP for touching' thing from.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 05:05 PM

United States of America
probably chess rule.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 05:56 PM

I don't have the rulebook with me here, but i do remember reading "the only thing you're allowed to do before moving the turn marker is think!"

KernspaltOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2004 - 08:02 AM

Well, the whole rule is very easy to abuse, but when you're not playing with the old WA rules, everybody will probably simply move their merker instead of thinking about how to cheat around this rule.

In my BB league, we usually handle it this way: Touching is ok, since we turn usually turn all players to face the enemy half at the begin of the turn, and facing backwards when they have moved.

When you move a player, we announce what kind of action he does while we move the miniature: He doing a move, here, here, here...etc. . This way, there is no confusion on whether he uses a pass or blitz move, and you can call IP as soon as the move is announced. Another reason for this was, however, that we have a few new players around currently, and this helps them to understand what you're doing.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2004 - 03:07 PM

Calling the action out loud is not a house rule, it's the official rule and everyone must do it.

KernspaltOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2004 - 08:42 AM

Well, than you can easily call your IP as soon as the action is called out loud, or not?

pfootiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2004 - 09:42 AM

Not a normal IP. Probably not for the old WA. The IP rules say that you call IP on moving a figure or rolling dice. The old WA rules say you call IP "exactly like if he had forgotton to move the turn counter". But I dunno.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2004 - 01:34 PM

No, you can say anything you want about your player's actions and your opponent's mother, it's stil not an IP. In any case, the action called is not set in stone until you've started moving the player or rolling dice. Until then, there's always time to change your mind and call another action instead.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic