NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 05:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I got my eye on you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 - 09:15 PM

Boston-ish

Ah, so dogs are not mammals. Cool

While that's a reasonable explanation, this leaves room to wiggle an argument that the scoring team does not get to advance his score marker nor does play stop (as these are mentioned in ST exclusively.)

Horse hockey, right? Well...right, as we're trying in some way to simulate a fantasy football game and not find rules penumbrae to hide under. I agree the intent has to be for the game to stop immediately on times such as this. The big offender is Frenzy, which if you go by my "end of action only" phrasing, allows the Frenzy-er to push the Frenzy-ee straight through the end zone without a TD. This presses my "That Ain't Right" button (being sure such a play would be overturned on instant replay,) so the immediate score clause is needed.

I'd propose a touch-up to the SitOT wording to clear this up, like the redundant mention of the ball bouncing on throw-ins.

Otherwise, that dog sure looks like a mammal, after all...

Shane Yeager, L.R.L. (Licenced Rules Lawyer)

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2005 - 01:43 AM

Undisclosed
      Shane wrote:
While that's a reasonable explanation, this leaves room to wiggle an argument that the scoring team does not get to advance his score marker nor does play stop (as these are mentioned in ST exclusively.)

No, it's mentioned in "Sequence of Play" (p.8 ) and the FAQ's (p.63) as a "TD is a turnover", so no wriggling there.

Shane wrote:
The big offender is Frenzy, which if you go by my "end of action only" phrasing, allows the Frenzy-er to push the Frenzy-ee straight through the end zone without a TD.

I was sure Galak had addressed that issue in the FAQ, but it might have been for the PBBL rules. Frenzy is counted as two seperate Block actions, so if the player is standing with the ball in the EZ after the Block, it's a TD, and the 2nd Block is lost. Granted, not the best explanation, hence why a FAQ was required.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic