NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 12:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I am just safekeeping this chainsaw for a friend rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rando
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 09:42 AM

Canada
I thought I'd add to this thread!
Game 1 My undead vs Pat LaForge (Ogres) 2-0 win for me 1-0 casualties for me
Pat is such a nice guy, and a great host. Who else would play a team with 6 ogres and not cause one casualty against me! An entertaining match which even saw a snotling attempt a long pass to an ogre. Ogres are a tough side to learn with but with so many skills accumulating on his team (multiple block, break tackle) there's a lot of excitement being generated for the playoffs. It'll be a whole new season and I can't wait!!

Reply with quote Back to top
TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 11:53 AM

Canada
This thread is for anyone and everyone Rando. Hope to play you before the play offs in April.

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2011 - 05:45 AM

Canada
Game 6 vs Ryan (Undead) My first loss 1-0 Cas 2-2. Ryan handed me my first loss of the season with a very good game played by him. The first half his dice were nice and hot and mine were normal except for one serious crazy dodging Ghoul to blitz his ball carrier.....three dodges through tackle zones....making it with three 6`s and then single die blitz for a KA-POW!!! Brings back memories against Adam Jones a couple years back...LOL. Second half was a bit more even on dice and it turned into a maul in the middle with my highlight of taking both Wights out of the game. With this game I am now in the play-offs, all games from here are just gravy on the potatoes.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2011 - 01:03 PM

Canada
Lets not talk about that Taxal...with the help and therapy from the Gnome I've been able to block it out Razz

Rando
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 18, 2011 - 05:39 PM

Canada
Game 3 for me versus Patrick gilbert. A nail biting 1-1 draw which saw my main mummy, Astaroth, go down to a thrown rock at the start of the game, suffer from a -1 Strength, fail the regen and then, of course, he gets the MVP and levels up! The joys of league play! Patrick's Norse and I gave each other a good thrashing, with a total of 10 players in the knockout box alone. He ran down the clock for the last two turns to get in the tie!

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 07:54 AM

Canada
Game 7 vs Manu (Human) Loss 1-0 Cas 2-1 for me. Very bloody game in hitting. I was very lucky that his armour dice were super cold cause he was knocking me down constantly. Another one of those games you wish you had another brain to replace the one you just wore out from thinking too much with. Wow Manu is a good player and he does not give you any chances if you make a mistake. Highlight for me is killing one of his star player Blitzers and him using his doc to make him only "miss next game", then on the next block against his Ogre injuring him and giving him -1 strength.....NICE!!!!! Three more weeks to go then the play-offs.......

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: League in Montreal  PostPosted: Apr 08, 2011 - 08:14 AM

Canada
Game 8 vs Pat Gilbert (Norse) Loss 2-0 Cas 0-3. What can I say about this game. Total 180 turn from my first game against Pat. My go for it`s and dodging was HORRIBLE!!!!! Pat had some crazy great armour breaking dice but I was lucky that his injury dice were not better. I would not have a team left to play with. He was breaking armour like I was not even wearing any. 5 times he rolled 12, 5 times he rolled 11, 4 times he rolled 10. Best I did all game was one KO and thats it. At least I have a full team (thanks to regen) for the next game which might be my play-off game if I cannot get at least one more game before.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2011 - 06:04 AM

British Columbia, Canada
You guys have started a league in Montreal? That's awesome! 16+ players at the start is awesome! I'm assuming it's open league right - play whoever is there? Have all you guys played roughly the same amount of games and do you have a limit per season? Just curious how the other half lives. Glad to see another league in Canada up and running. Very Happy

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 05:43 AM

Canada
You have to play at least 6 games to get into the play-offs. We have some that played between 1-5 games and 8 that have played the minimum 6+ games.
Play when you against whoever. You cannot play the same coach twicw in a row. Besides that its all rules exept the optional.
From now on we will be playing our league at the same time as the NFL.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2011 - 07:36 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      Taxal wrote:
From now on we will be playing our league at the same time as the NFL.

That's hilarious. Very Happy

That's great that you guys have an outline for play-off eligibility and not just a few guys playing 8 games and a bunch more playing 1-4 games. Inducements or not that is the low-life of open leagues so I'm glad to hear that that's not going on in Montreal. Smile Give me a website when you have one and I'll add it to the Spike! and Thunderbowl webrings!

Cheers,
Gj.

Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 06:27 AM

Canada
The play offs have begun and I really like the format Taxal has choosen. The top 8 play eachother (as say in the NHL). So that's 4 games, 4 winners and 4 losers. The 4 winners face off in a deathbowl match to determine the champ. That winner then goes on to play in a championship match versus the winner of a similar league from a neighbouring store!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 07:31 AM

Canada
So the play-offs are here.......
Final standings

1. Patrick Gilbert -Norse
2. Manu Leclerc -Human
3. Ryan Mackenzie -Undead
4. Cameron Chaput -Orc
5. Dan Chaput -Undead
6. Sam Durant -Human
7. Dan Campbell -Necromantic
8. Patrick Laforge -Ogre

The next round is 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, etc etc

Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 27, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Canada
OVERTIME 2-1 nail bitter win for my undead versus sam's humans. Sam was the only player to beat me during the regular season and this now has the makings of a major rivalry. We will meet again in the Necromunda league Taxal is running in May. A stalemate game, going into overtime, it was going to be the first guy who made a mistake that lost, and Sam made a huge one. Pat and Pat were playing next to us and Montreal was playing Boston on the TV. Great vibe going into this game.

I received to start the match and broke out down the right side. He boxed me in and made a 4+ dodge, a 4+ dodge, a 4+ dodge and a one die block to hit my ball carrier and knocked the ball loose with a pow and picked it up too! I managed to knock his ball carrier down, the ball went off the side, came back in and went off the end, then rocketed right back to the centre of the pitch. Luckily my mummies hadn't gone to far and covered up the ball until a ghoul grabbed it and then made the long dash to score.

Sam fought hard to cross the centre line, picked up the ball in two tackle zones, threw it while in those two zones to a catcher who was also in two zones who caught it and then dodged out to score.

In overtime I went hard left, when he covered me up I broke threw the middle and went as far as I could. Now in scoring position he had a blitzer far away that would knock me down but he needed to dodge and go for it twice ... unless a stray zombie was knocked out of his way he wouldn't have to make the dodge or one of the go for its. In a real gaffe he used a different blitzer to blitz this stray zombie to open up the route for his main blitzer ... but this would also use his blitz move! He got a both down but we both had block so he re-rolled, got a skull and only then realized that this whole blitz action, even if succesful would prevent him from blitzing the ball carrier!

Good game, see you all in the final. Thank you Sam for an excellent match!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2011 - 06:00 AM

Canada
Wow!!!

Wish I would have seen that game.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Canada
Semi-Final game vs Cameron (Orc)
OVERTIME win for me 2-1

I win the kick off and decide to recieve in the first half. We basically start to kick the SH$T out of each other. Just could not get the ball to go further than three squares into his half. End the half with both of us down 1 player and 2 each in the KO. We go into the second half knowing its going to be another blood bath and well it starts right away. he injures a Mummy and is out for the game. I KO a Black Orc and a Lineman and get some pressure on his thrower. the thrower gets clear and attempts to throw to a nice open lineman with no one in front of him. Nuffle was shining down on me cause he messes up the throw and it lands right beside a ghoul. My turn I pick up and take off for a TD. He has 3 turns to score and I set up in a very tight defensive formation. Kick off ends off being a high kick and he gets the ball to a blitzer. Hands off to a lineman who in turn takes off and he ends up scoring on his last turn.
Overtime is 4 turns per half with only one reroll each. First team to score wins.
Cameron wins the kick off and I get lucky with a deep kick and it causes him to rush down the field but cannot get the ball
to far. On my half I get the ball and get a ghoul deep right away. Next turn I get my ball carrier free and hand of to a ghoul in a tackle zone .Complete hand off and with one dodge he is free and takes off for a TD. What a game we both had ups and downs. Now into Death Bowl finals at the end of the month. So far we have a Norse team and 2 Undead teams, waiting on the last team....which will be Human or Necro.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic