NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 10:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make blocks, not dodges. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 02:21 PM

Doubleskulls wrote:
I'd forget the passing game with your low speed and terrible AG its just going to fail far too often

I am thinking of dump pass, accurate as my first two skills. This way I can run down the field and accuratly dump the ball off if my ball carrier gets hit. That's my passing game.

James

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 - 02:42 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      jmccubbin wrote:
I am thinking of dump pass, accurate as my first two skills. This way I can run down the field and accuratly dump the ball off if my ball carrier gets hit. That's my passing game.

So you are throwing a +1, meaning you need a 4, with pass RR, to be accurate. Then you need a 4 to catch (or maybe a 5). That's 37.5% of making the play.

Its not that its a bad idea, its just the sort of thing that is quite nice to have up your sleeve, but don't build a game plan around it.

I'd give the the Throw-Ras Block first so they've got some chance of surviving the hit. Then they can help out on defence too.

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 - 08:09 AM

One thing for sure. I am getting sure hands on several players. I am on turn 3 used 3 re-rolls and still have not picked up the ball. stinking goblin came through picked up the ball on his first try while standing next to my blitz-ra. He aint standing no more. Of course I still don't have the ball.

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 - 09:05 AM

United States
Thanks for the tips and advice guys! I'm about to start a Tomb Kings team myself when my league picks back up next month. I got my Models in yesterday and I will prolly have my first game with them sometime before the weekends over. I just need to put together my 12 skellies and base my 4 mummies! I have a few questions that still linger about getting started with these guys.

1-What starting roster would work better in extended league play?

3 Mummies, 2 Blitz, 2 Thro, 5 Skelletons, 2 RR, 8 FF
or
2 Mummies, 2 Blitz, 2 Thro, 6 Skeletons, 3 RR, 9 FF
or
Something else?

2-How do you guys place numbers on your team's models? I've noticed no really good places to put a #, and I'm not a fan of numbering the bases.

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
drowgamerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 - 09:18 AM

well i had the same issues when i was making my gobbo team. A real easy way is to buy a box of wfb skeleton warriors. i then take the heads only, a drill a small hole in the bottom of the head and place a small piece of paper clip in the hole. I then drill a small hole in the base of the mini. So that the pin can slide into easy. I then put a small dab of blu tac to the bottom of the base to make it secure. Doing this also adds a bit of weight to the mini as well Smile. Using this tec. you don have to keep the same numbers for players just remove the head and replace with another.

I paint the head like normal but i then take a contrasting color ( micro pens work great for this) and put the number on the skull/ helmet.

With the kemri box set you will have more than enought for the team, and bits left over for markers, coaching staff, bases.

just my 2 cents.

Pushback/Pow

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 - 10:11 AM

United States
I assembled the team by using 4 TK-BB expansion pack blisters. GW's online store (US) has them for $7 each.. so I got a 16 man team (4 Mummies and 12 Skellies) for $28! Since I already have a sizeable TK WHFB army... I had plenty of plastic bits for a few minor conversions. The head switch was the exact same technique I used for my Mordheim Headless One conversion.
As for putting the numbers on the backs of the skulls, that's not really what I had in mind. I'm looking for a round, flat bit that would work for gluing to their backs in order to paint their numbers on. I'm not great with green stuff and had a time making simple straps for elbow and knee pads.

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2003 - 09:33 PM

jmccubbin wrote:
My plan is to use skeletons as recievers and Blit-ra as running backs. I will also use the thro-ra as runners until I get my first skill of accurate. After that point I can use them as passers.

I'm playing the Khemri for the first time in our current season...I'm about 8 games into a 12 game season and my record is 5-3. This team is all about the running game really...once a player grabs the ball I tend to hold onto it regardless. I've completed a few passes...but I don't see the team as being one that should depend on it at all. My normal strategy is to grab the ball, once there form a box formation to march down the field. Losing the ball due to a bad pass or lone runner will cost you since most opponent's players can out run almost all of your Khemri team.

And giving a few skeletons or Blitz-ras Sure Hands helps out alot...once your opponents figure out that you cannot pick up the ball without using the freebie rerolls that Sure Hands gives you from time to time, they will start targetting your Thro-ras to get them out of the game (which isn't hard to do with their AV). Sure Hands also defends against Strip Ball...which is a plus. And giving Dodge to your ball handlers is a very good idea to help with survivability.

AgentrockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 26, 2003 - 09:37 PM

Doubleskulls wrote:
I'd give the the Throw-Ras Block first so they've got some chance of surviving the hit. Then they can help out on defence too.

Both of my Thro-Ras have been given Block as their first skill and then one has Dodge now. I've found them to be the main ones to score TDs (and to gain SPPs) due to my game strategy with the team.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic