NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 07:15 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Eyebrows day-glo rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 12, 2005 - 11:21 PM

United States of America
Its looking like I will be able to make it. Riding down with absent and zug Smile

BBC Lockerroom

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2005 - 12:59 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Awesome, be nice to see you guys again. Smile

MightyZugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 - 11:48 AM

United States of America

Hey Galak!
Pre-registration is closed. Will there be open spots for day of registration? I'd like to know before making the trip from Madison, WI.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2005 - 12:07 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

MightyZug wrote:
Hey Galak!
Pre-registration is closed. Will there be open spots for day of registration? I'd like to know before making the trip from Madison, WI.

DEFINITELY. The tournament is open to anyone who shows up and the tickets at the door to get in the Con are without limit.

So come on down. AND you guys better come down ... I just order a nicer trophy for the tournament because you 3 were making the trip.

Galak

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 17, 2005 - 08:06 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Well I made it home and am awake again.
Congrats to Jim a very will deserved win. Thanks for running a great tourney Tom had a blast, can't wait for GenCon.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 - 07:53 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Congrats to absent for winning the Slaughter. Turnout was double what it was last year which was AWESOME to me. Hope everyone had a good time.

Galak

ZodoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 - 07:04 PM

HIIII!!!

I was glad to take part in the tourney. I'm planning to make this a regular thing.

I was convinced to join NAF (ooh, pretty pink dice!), so here I am.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 06:16 AM

United States of America
Welcome to the NAF Zodo Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

MightyZugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 11:33 PM

United States of America

[NAF Post Tournament Press Conference]
Get me a pint of sap or I'll...uh...is this thing on?
Oh.
Um...

Well first I'd like to say that managing a Wood Elf team has turned out to be a much more involved process than I originally had imagined. When my father offered me anything I wanted for my "coming of age" I naturally thought of joining the ranks of team owners. I thought it would be a great way to meet other elves and see the world if you will, or at least the parts worth seeing.

I honestly believed that we could be competitive in this inaugural season. I first want to apologize to all the elven communities that lost a favorite son this weekend. Blood Bowl is a brutal game, and played by some of the most courageous folks and critters that walk this world. To strap on a helmet and take the pitch is an honor that will never fade. I now understand that to walk off the pitch under one's own mobility is a truly higher honor.

The Verdant Tangle lost good elf folk, but I believe the sacrifice was well worth it. We came here hoping to make a name for our team and to have a good time, and those of us that survived, what few we are, can hang our bandaged heads high. To me Blood Bowl is still the greatest game; it takes uncanny nerve to line up against a Mummy, or a Rat Ogre when you are but a slight elf. It is a testament to the honor and courage of the elven race that we continued to take the field and to fight the good fight to the last man, and twice beyond that...

Also a lot has been made about my comments made during the game about our skaven opponents, their ancestory, their race and they way they smell. I have nothing further to add about those vile little creatures. It is the ruling of the NAF that the lower races be allowed to field a team and I respect that. There probably isn't a lot to look forward too, other than tounaments, in their whole short, filthy, disease plagued lives.

To the Dwarven and Chaos Dwarven teams. A tip of the cap and as these matches ended without a satisfactory result, we hope to meet each team in a friendly at some point down the road. Truly worthy squads that have earned our respect.

I would like to congratulate the Khemri team for their victory, if they had a gullet we'd by 'em a round o' sap.

Verdant Tangle will be taking a reprieve from Serie A competition. At this time we just do not have the elves to field for a respectable kickoff. We wll be travelling throughout my father's lands playing village teams and recruiting to return to full strength.

We will train, we will perfect our game, and we WILL BE BACK as soon as we can find some proud young elves to volunteer to play for our squad.

I would like to thank the tournament organizer for a job well done. A truly fine tourney. While there was some confusion in awarding a payout to another squad when actually we should have been the winners of Most Casualties, the true prize is the accomplishment itself.

Last we would like to thank the fans. Without their support tournaments such as this would not be possible. We hope that the Verdant Tangle has earned their empathy if not their respect, for we can not endure the pummeling from our opponents AND a pitch invasion again! I understand that there are rumors about games being fixed, but in our defense we could not have been throwing games deliberately as we did not always have players representing us on the field!

Darquin G'rwyth Manager/Owner Verdant Tangle
Most Casualties SB Slaughter (against)

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2005 - 01:13 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Quote:
I would like to congratulate the Khemri team for their victory , if they had a gullet we'd by 'em a round o' sap.

Worship
Thanks for the match. Our tired bones have recovered form the ass-whoopin' we handed out. Any time you have more elves to sacrifice we will be here for you. Wink

Thanks for the game Zug, you were my favorite opponet of the tourney. Very Happy

OmbiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2005 - 11:06 AM

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed themselves at the tourney, I know I did too. I had fun playing against all of my opponents, but my game against Zodo was... especially memorable. Laughing

Mighty Zug, you were a tough opponent for my Chaos Dwarfs. Even though I took you down to 6 or 7 players by the end of the game, your War Dancer still stopped me from scoring the winning TD. The Jimtown Juggernauts Coach/player, Mr Elbow, is looking for a way to "convince" him to join our team. Smile

I was outplayed strategically by Jennifer's Amazons and Frank's Chaos Dwarfs (hope I got the names right). Very good games, Mr Elbow should borrow some of the things that they did in those games.

Oh, and Zodo, my Chaos Dwarf says BYE!!!!! Wink I hope Biggest Skweek doesn't know where the Big Hat lives. Smile Our game was loads of laughs, and I don't think I'll forget that game for a long time.

I finished the day with 1 win, 1 loss, and 2 ties. Yet another tourney where I finished in the middle of the standings. I'll certainly take it considering the level of competition I faced.

We had a good turnout for a small tournament, and I hope it gets even better next year. Big thanks to Tom for finding time out of his very busy schedule to organize it.

Jim

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 20, 2005 - 12:30 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

For those wondering. Mighty Zug had no player on the pitch in 2 different matches out of his 4 at the Slaughter. Thus his argument that he should have won most Casualties.

Galak

absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 - 11:29 AM

most casualties (against) (whisper the part in back there)

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 - 07:34 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

absent ... for some reason the trophy manufacturer sent me a bobble head football player that said South Bend Slaughter champion instead of the trophy I ordered for you. They are fixing this and as soon as it is resolved I'll get it in the mail. Unless you'd rather have the bobble head ... Wink

Galak

absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 - 11:40 AM

lol, thanks for the update, i'll wait for the trophy, if you can't get it in the mail by may 15th pm me, because we are moving in june.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic