NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 06:07 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 08:39 AM

Canada
I for one, like them a lot ! Like it was said before in this post, they are fun to paint !

As for playing, our league just completed its second season and I won both Soup Bowls, our championship trophy !

Seven teams in our league : Dwarves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Humans, Orcs, Skavens and the dynasty of the Chaos dwarves !

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 10:55 AM

Grumbledook wrote:
Well at spikey I played undead vs undead twice, so thats going to hurt the average than if you don't play each other. I also lost twice to some unbreakable armoured norse teams at the dutch open. Again that didn't help. ;]

Did you have to play against Stefan perhaps (with the Norse in red, green and black)? I've played against his stupid Terminator-armoured vikings about a 20 times and managed about 2 casualties... With fouls! :blush:

And DLB1969 - Chaos Dwarfs don't live in cold areas - Zharr Naggrund is a volcanic area, and those big hats contain airconditioning systems Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
dlb1969Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 12:24 PM

United States of America
      Squiggoth wrote:
      Grumbledook wrote:
Well at spikey I played undead vs undead twice, so thats going to hurt the average than if you don't play each other. I also lost twice to some unbreakable armoured norse teams at the dutch open. Again that didn't help. ;]

Did you have to play against Stefan perhaps (with the Norse in red, green and black)? I've played against his stupid Terminator-armoured vikings about a 20 times and managed about 2 casualties... With fouls! :blush:

And DLB1969 - Chaos Dwarfs don't live in cold areas - Zharr Naggrund is a volcanic area, and those big hats contain airconditioning systems Wink
Well, I guess that shows how much I pay attention to CDs. I just assumed due to those hats that they were supposed to emulate russian style dwarves and I guess just assumed that they lived in cold regions. Now that I think about it though, I do remember that they have magic items in WHFB related to fire and the like. Sorry about that, but the furry hats would still look better. I've never played against CDs in WHFB before, actually I don't know anyone that knows anyone that plays CDs in WHFB. Hell, I just met the first CD player for BB not a couple of months ago. Then I go to Fanaticon in Wisconsin and CD teams outnumbered all other teams in the whole tournament. I think it's the bull centaurs, but that's just me.

Dave

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 01:08 PM

CD's are influenced by the ancient Babylonian, and Assyrian cultures. Hence the hats, beards and lammassu. But where did the Bull Centaurs come from?!?!? Krete??? Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 05:59 PM

no i played dave and max :/
i managed one ko against daves norse with my undead and i failed 3 of 4 regenerate rolls as well iirc ;]

Jon

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 01:04 AM

So it seems al Norse players have a Concrete Skin mutation... Smile

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 07:46 AM

United States of America
      dlb1969 wrote:
I think it's the bull centaurs, but that's just me.

Dave

Twisted Evil
I like the mini's and yes, the bull centaur is very cool.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 09:20 AM

Squiggoth wrote:

Well, if that's the case, you need to hit them with a jack-hammer when they're down.

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 11:22 AM

United States of America

God I hate the Chaos Dwarves. Their mini's are terribly ugly, and those stupid hats! Ug. The only thing I like about those mini's are the tusks.

Bleh, down with Chaos Dwarves.

Check out my teams here, courtesy of: FUMBBL.com

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 03:30 AM

BloodbasherMasher wrote:
God I hate the Chaos Dwarves. Their mini's are terribly ugly, and those stupid hats! Ug. The only thing I like about those mini's are the tusks.

snotsngrots wrote:
      Squiggoth wrote:

Well, if that's the case, you need to hit them with a jack-hammer when they're down.

I might try that tactic on BloodBasherMasher Twisted Evil

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 10:09 AM

Squiggoth wrote:
CD's are influenced by the ancient Babylonian, and Assyrian cultures. Hence the hats, beards and lammassu. But where did the Bull Centaurs come from?!?!? Krete??? Confused

As far as I know the Bull Centaurs are just an old chaos troop type that GW decided to retain. They used to power the chaos war machines (Tenderiser, can't remember the other one).

Boom! He's on his back!

AristodeimosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 11:00 AM

Squiggoth - The Bull Centaurs are the "blessed" royal guard and shock troops of the Chaos Dwarves. Their god is Hashut...a demonic bull god. Hashut has mutated the chaos dwarf body to more resemble his own.

I like both the old and new CD models. In fact, I usually mix them. I would be an advocate for allowing CDs to use physical mutations, but our league has found the team to be powerful enough already.

~Aristodeimos

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:54 PM

United States of America

Squiggoth wrote:
      BloodbasherMasher wrote:

snotsngrots wrote:
      Squiggoth wrote:

I might try that tactic on BloodBasherMasher Twisted Evil

Bring it. It still won't change the fact that the CD mini's are the ugliest, absolute worst mini's ever to be vomited onto the BB pitch. I have had oatmeal filled terds clinging to the inside of my toilet that look better then those mini's Evil or Very Mad

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:08 PM

United States of America
      Aristodeimos wrote:
Squiggoth - The Bull Centaurs are the "blessed" royal guard and shock troops of the Chaos Dwarves. Their god is Hashut...a demonic bull god. Hashut has mutated the chaos dwarf body to more resemble his own.

I like both the old and new CD models. In fact, I usually mix them. I would be an advocate for allowing CDs to use physical mutations, but our league has found the team to be powerful enough already.

~Aristodeimos

I agree. Physical mutations would be cool, and the chaos magic is there, but they are already a pretty well balanced team.

Perhaps less CD's (0-4?) and add a new type of CD (0-2?) that has physical instead of general skills?

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:11 PM

United States of America

How bout 0-2 Madmen 3, 4, 2, 9 Frenzy, Thick Skull.......STR, PHY.....80K

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic