NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 02:27 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarves are SO boring rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nick_namelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2012 - 05:45 PM

FYI, The Whiz is looking to run a tournament in late March.

DMBBL

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2012 - 02:55 PM

United States of America
I'll have to look into that...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

GlamdrynOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2012 - 02:59 PM

United States of America
Id like to get in on some Boston action as I have a ton of friends in the area to stay with. Post up on NAF as soon as you guys have any info!

nick_namelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2012 - 07:50 PM

here is the discussion thread if you want to chime in.

I have been talking to the organizer about certain aspects....like keeping it to three games, trying not to restrict minis, skill packs, etc.

DMBBL

nick_namelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Here's what's been set in stone so far:

Quote:
Great news sports fans!!!!!!!

The March Blood Bowl Tournamnet at the Whiz is about a month away. That being said there are some important updates....

1. You MAY bring miniatures that are not Games Workshop produced Smiley

2. The official tournament date is Saturday March 24th

3. The tournament will begin with a 9:00 registration and 10:00 start. We will need to be finished by 6:00 PM

4. The tournament will be 3 rounds long.

I am waiting to hear, but I am 98% certain that the build is 1,000,000 GP with skills available to be selected before each round. As soon as I know for certain I will update here.

The Whiz Store is located at:
122 Turnpike Road (Rte. 9 on the Eastbound side)
Westborough, MA 01581

DMBBL

nick_namelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2012 - 12:56 PM

And here is the final format:

Quote:
The Whiz Cup: Official Tournament Rules

Hey sports fans!!!! Glad to see we are up to at least 13 participants in the upcoming Blood Bowl tournament. This post is the official rules and information for the March tourney ;D

1. The Official Start Time of the Tournament will be 10:00 AM so be there at 9:00 AM for registration

2. The tournament will last 3 rounds and we must be finished by 6:00 PM as there will be the Yu-Gi-Oh players coming in for their weekly event Confused

3. Each Round will be 2 Hours and 15 Minutes long and there will be a 30 Minutes Lunch Break after the 1st round Razz

3. The entree fee will be $10 with 1st place, 2nd place and third place all receiving prizes and as well as the best painted army. Prizes will be in the form of Whiz gift certificates. Very Happy

4. Each round all injured players and dead players will be revived. Also note that star player points earned in games will not count so nothing will level up via star player points. This is the Resurrectionist Format.

5. For added effect each round your team will improve. These improvements will be decided before each round, after hearing who your opponent is.
Round 1: Give two different players on your roster a skill from their normal (single) skill options

Round 2: Give one of your players on your roster a skill from their special (double) skill options

Round 3: Give one of your players on your roster EITHER two skills from their normal (single) skill option OR one skill from their special (double) skill options

6. You must follow the normal time restraints for turns (4 minutes a turn) and 2 minutes on kick-off deployments Vampire

7. If you end in a tie there is NO OVERTIME and if you run out of time whoever is in the lead wins

8. ANY miniatures are allowed to be played however, they must be the proper scale and on the right sized bases. Also they must be a clear representation of what they are (so you can not use tyranids as a lizardmen team for example) Cool

9. Good Sportsmanship is key and will be necessary if you want to win anything Smile

10. Each round match ups will be determined using the swiss pairing system. This means that you will be matched up randomly round 1 and in future rounds it will be determined on where you stand in the rankings.

11. Armies must be painted fully (3 colors) if you want to win although being flocked is not necessary as long as the base is painted fully.

12. Each round the following will be used to determine points received...

Good Sportsmanship: +2 points
Fully Painted Army: +1 point
Winning the Match: +5 points
A Tie in the match: +3 points
Losing the match: + 1 point

13. The official date for the March Tournament is Saturday March 24th!!! :Smile

Overall this is going to be the rules I will use for hosting the upcoming March Tournament. If there are any questions regarding the tournament or I forgot to mention something please let me know. Getting really excited to play ;D

IT'S almost TIME FOR SOME BLOOD BOWL!!!

I am getting clarity on the starting build (but it was originally said to be 1,000,000 GP) and the purchasing of inducements, but I assume they will be allowed.

DMBBL

nick_namelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 29, 2012 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
Hey sports fans!!! Grin

Here are the answers to some of Nick_Nameless's questions.

1. Teams will be limited to 1,000,000 GP

2. With in the 1,000,000 limit inducements ARE ALLOWED but there will be NO wizard, mercenary or card inducements

3.We will register on the day of the tournament please come with a copy of your team and any inducements you have and please have your $10 ready. Registration will begin as soon as the WHiz opens and it will end at 10:00 AM

That should do it.

DMBBL

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic