NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 01:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tooter Booter rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 - 12:46 PM

Canada
I'm always into a sharing of ideas!

The fact that such rankings have become a part of the N.A. scene is exciting, but I'd rather see any system in place than no system in place. I'm also really interested to see how things are after a few years of these systems being active and what tweaks take place.

Alkaline and the Zlurpee guys are running this F1 style ranking Jeff created on their forums with the exception that they give a higher ranking to their three majors, the zlurpee, the chaos cup, and one other, regardless of attendance.

Your NAF ranking gives you a sort of standing as well, and if there was another more intense ranking as Jason and/or Daloonieshaman describe you would simply have another means to assess your standings. While such a ranking may give a better representation of the degree of competition you faced on your way to the top it may not if the pool is filled with suckers. I feel as though the number of people who would value such a system is smaller than the number of people who value this F1 style participation emphasized system since you may just be gambling on the notion that a bigger tournament includes better players.

I can't wait to see how N.A. does at the world cup, have a good one! Watch out for France, those guys don't seem to be looking at the same pitch that I am.

Ryan

Reply with quote Back to top
zootsuitjeffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 - 02:26 PM

United States of America
Yeah I wouldn't say the way I set it up is the only way that it could be set up or that it is perfect, it just is how I decided to set it up for this year. Like I've said, my goal is to encourage people to attend as many tourneys as possible, especially the smaller ones. I wouldn't want someone to win who did well in "the big tourneys" and could safely ignore smaller ones along the way... But I'm open to different rule systems in the future, whatever encourages people to participate and travel to tourneys...

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 - 03:36 PM

United States of America
Next year give double points for small events. regualr points for 2 dayers and .5 points for Majors
GJ zip it and listen Laughing
Players that are traveling to Majors are going for about a million reason with $1000s in funding (How many players can do that do not live within a few hour drive) (GJ, a vast majority of Spike players are from Washington/BC you get others but small amounts) (Same with the Chaos Cup)
Long runner non majors (Zlurp, Quake, ect) Get a bunch of the member from within 6 hour drive and require travelers $500-$1000 investment
Local one day events are just that.
The opertunity to have a league run an event and bring players of all skill sets. The more spread out local events you have with A champion attending (Say I went to a Major, Quake and 6 local events) would the 6 locals be in my back yard. No you cannot sustain that replay it waters down the Peso.

IF I go to a local ($100 invested) in San Deigo, Vegas, Pasadena, Riverside, Los Angeles, Oakland, San (Whatever where kubbla con is) I am making the effort to go to different League Regional areas to support them and to draw in possibly new players as they see awesomeneess like myself and have them ask who is that guy (those players)I have not seen them around here. They drove down here just to play. You guys must have an awesome game.

It also is suppose to suppport regional re-support with a couple players from your group going to one or more of the other regional's group event

The moral here is the higher the "Statis ladder" The event is: Major/NAtional/ then local the less value it has
So remember
LOCAL 1 DAY EVENT HIGHEST VALUE!!!!
SPIKE/CHAOS CUP/QUAKE/ZLURPEE little value

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 - 05:37 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Honestly Dennis if I'm going to a smaller event it's because I want to go to it. Prix or NAF points having absolutely nothing to do with my decision to travel.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 - 07:39 PM

United States of America
There is zero bearing for a "larger" event to have any more bearing.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic