NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 07:56 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Astro-granite helps break strong bones 12 ways. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2005 - 01:07 PM

England
I have no problems with the sportsman ship system Smile As it meant my goblins came 21st!!!! Clearly the little lads thought it up Smile
However even without it I would have been 50 something. So perhaps somthing wrong with Goblins? Secret weapons a little cheap? I lost 1 game out of 6.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2005 - 05:27 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
What lineup did you take? I reckon the gobbo SPs are relatively cheap (Nobbla in particular is a bargain for 80k).

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2005 - 06:19 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Deathwing wrote:
That said, I couldn't give a stuff about final standing (just W L D), but the rounds (inc the final) should have gone on Points/TD/Cas/Sports and not Points/Sports/TD/Cas. (Apart from anything else, that was naturally going to match up the people prepared to dish out max points!!!! Rolling Eyes ). If they fix that then I'd be happy enough with the scoring system.

If the TD difference is already factored into the initial score (as it was at the BB) then you should not have TDs as the next tiebreak as you are giving an advantage to high scoring teams.

McDethOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 01:37 AM

Emberbreeze wrote:

It may seem like alot of money, but I bet an independant couldn't provide a venue for upto 200 coaches, 3 meals, comemortive coin for much less than £40 a ticket and they wouldn't be paying staff costs and all sorts of other overheads.

£8K, Easily be used to hire a hall give you your three meals and probably give you a sculpted figure and better prizes.

£8k goes a hell of along way

rambo_skeletonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 02:15 AM

Quote:

What lineup did you take? I reckon the gobbo SPs are relatively cheap (Nobbla in particular is a bargain for 80k).

On a related subject to this, what are peoples opinions regarding star players at tournaments like the BB. Should they be allowed or banned? How much should they cost etc?

Dan_TitanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 02:27 AM

Norway
Thanks to all the compliments i have received.

Like last year, I left Warhammerworld happy, but not 100%. Last year I finished 55th (5W 1L) but with no sportmanship points (same happend to Geggster), so after lots of speaking, the revised everything and we got our possition back.
This year I found myself, again, in an strange mess. After the 5th round, we all thought that, Paul and Myself, having the same points, it was Pauls pass to the final, as he was better in TD. But the surprises came when they putted me in the final and left Paul at the gates. After consulting to the Refs and Jervis itself, they did say different versions. One said it was because of Sportmenships points, and the second was that it was the total of TD and CAS... The criteria that they followed is something i was not aware of, and certenly i (or we all) have played far too many tourneys were the rules were different. (Tiebreaker: Points/TD/CAS....)

I cant say more, but would like to dedicate this Trophy to Paul, as I think, he deserved this. (in our game I tied in a last minute rush with at least 10 succsefull rolls and without this draw, he could be the winner)

Dan Titan

GeggsterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 03:17 AM
NAF Treasurer

Undisclosed

That's very kind of you Dan, but too much.

Sure, we had a mighty close game and I was disappointed with not getting to the final, but you got there fair and square. Sportsmanship, right or wrong, was the official tie-breaker and you just pipped me on that.

Congrats for overcoming those scary Undead in what must have been a nerve-racking final.

Just enjoy it. And remember you'll have to beat me next year to retain it Laughing

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 03:58 AM

Sorry Pippy, have to disagree for some points about the organisation.
Emberbreeze=> as organisators, Trambi and I found that a lot of money for what we got. (specially for foreigners!)
I still cant imagine that they are still no prices for the winners exept a piece of paper ! Come on !
For foreigners, it is a lot of money for seeing less and less friends and a not 'good' (good tourny imho like: Dutch open, Spicky...) tourny organisation... well, i will be less sure to come next year believe me.

Last edited by Longshot on May 11, 2005 - 06:06 AM; edited 1 time in total

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 04:48 AM

England
The BB winner gets a free ticket to the next one.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 04:54 AM

England
      Doubleskulls wrote:
      Deathwing wrote:
That said, I couldn't give a stuff about final standing (just W L D), but the rounds (inc the final) should have gone on Points/TD/Cas/Sports and not Points/Sports/TD/Cas. (Apart from anything else, that was naturally going to match up the people prepared to dish out max points!!!! Rolling Eyes ). If they fix that then I'd be happy enough with the scoring system.

If the TD difference is already factored into the initial score (as it was at the BB) then you should not have TDs as the next tiebreak as you are giving an advantage to high scoring teams.
I'd agree with that. TD and CAS total would work out ok, although that might give teams like Undead who can do both an unnecessary leg up. Sportsmanship is at least team neutral for a decider but perhaps a little too subjective to be ideal. Maybe all three combined would work best?

In any case what is being used needs to be made clear in its own section of the rules pack so that everyone knows how it will work in advance.

PrinceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 05:48 AM

Germany
      Mordredd wrote:
There was a German there who would constantly cheat if you didn't watch him. And I mean on the level of walking through tackle zones and not making the rolls unless told to by his opponent or moving further than his MA, that sort of blatant cheating.
Even without that guy I think it is a good thing to generally keep it in players' minds during the tournament by having a score for it.

No I didn't. He had ticket 101; the German I played was a great guy (ticket 102). I heard about him from one of the Danes I know and I think he or one of his friends played him early on but I'm not sure. He told me about him after the first round and again after the fourth.

I am the one with ticket number 101!

I had 6 really funny games and never heard any complaints from any of my opponents! I didn´t even play against you or any of the Danes. So I can´t see why you´re writing about me in this manner!

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 05:56 AM

Mordredd: I give also a free place to the champion of my tournament, as this he can comeback next year..

Have to say that Venomous breath must ask for it between Resurection and BB42, that' s why now they think about it...

Anyway, a lot of money for not so much cos it is GW. That's what an enterprise do, earning money event on that kind of event. quite logical. But maybe too much imho. compared to non gw tourny where of course all the money is for the tourny and the players.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 07:02 AM

England
      PrinceMoranion wrote:
      Mordredd wrote:
There was a German there who would constantly cheat if you didn't watch him. And I mean on the level of walking through tackle zones and not making the rolls unless told to by his opponent or moving further than his MA, that sort of blatant cheating.
Even without that guy I think it is a good thing to generally keep it in players' minds during the tournament by having a score for it.

No I didn't. He had ticket 101; the German I played was a great guy (ticket 102). I heard about him from one of the Danes I know and I think he or one of his friends played him early on but I'm not sure. He told me about him after the first round and again after the fourth.

I am the one with ticket number 101!

I had 6 really funny games and never heard any complaints from any of my opponents! I didn´t even play against you or any of the Danes. So I can´t see why you´re writing about me in this manner!
Well it is entirely possible that I was told the wrong ticket number, or got it mixed up myself, in which case I apologise for slurring your good name. But I don't believe the coaches were lying about this person's conduct, whoever it was. Their stories were far too detailed and consistent.

FlixOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 07:15 AM

is there a list online where you can see all positions ?

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 07:30 AM

I also had a crappy game on my game 6 (i dont remenber the name of the guy). But i know that Nacho played him also in game 5 in table 2 and it was also a nightmare.. Ancalagon played him one year before and same story... I hope i will never play him again.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic