NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 03:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
natsirtdmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 09:11 AM

Canada
Have a blast this weekend guys!

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Canada
It won't be the same without you natsirtm. But we will try. ;P

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 10:34 AM

Canada
So the Dagger Bowl this year seems to be weighted more towards the bashy side of things. With 3 Norse, 3 Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Orc and 2 Skaven rounding out the group.

Some surprises from Round 1 were Dan Chaputs Skaven winning 4-2 against Peter Meers Norse, Colin's Skaven beating Manuels Norse 3-0 and defending champion Glenn's Chaos Pact losing 2-1 to Pat's Dwarf.

Round 2 sees alot of race match-ups with both Skaven and two Dwarf and Norse playing each other. We shall see who is victorious.

Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 11:25 AM

Canada
Awesome, I'm loving the play by play!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 11:41 AM

Canada
Was awesome dropping by to see you guys!

Hopefully I will play a full tournament soon not just fly by.

We have 5 confirmed for certain for team canada so 1 space left on the first bus over...........

good luck to all

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 01:40 PM

Canada
Round 2 saw Dan beat Colin in a Skaven vs Skaven match and Adam beat Pat in a Dwarf vs Dwarf match. Both Dan and Adam will now face each other in Round 3, with the winner positioning themselves to win the tournament. Also, Hickling beat Glenn to push Glenn to 2 loses in the tournament, and tied for last place with "Noob" Kevin and Peter Meers.

Round 3 match-ups:
Dan (Skaven) vs Adam (Dwarf) - fight for first place
Colin (Skaven) vs Leithan (Norse) - Father vs Son
Hickling (Chaos Dwarf) vs Pat (Dwarf) - chasing the leaders
Glenn (Chaos Pact) vs Manu (Norse) - fight for respectability
Peter (Norse) vs Kevin (Orc) -Not the wooden spoon

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 05:32 PM

Canada
Round 3 was Adam (Dwarf) winning against Dan (Skaven) to take the lead in the tournament, and Hickling (Chaos Dwarf) winning against Pat (Dwarf) to leap into second chasing Adam by only one point. Father vs Son saw experince win over youth as Colin (Skaven) beat Leathan (Norse) to move into a tie for third with Dan. Glenn (Chaos Pact) managed a tie against Manu (Norse) to get him out of the basement, where Peter Meers (Norse) is now sitting after his loss to Kevin (Orc).

Round 4 Match-ups:
Adam vs Hickling - Adam doesn't lose, he wins the tournament
Colin vs Pat
Dan vs Leathan
Manu vs Kevin
Glenn vs Peter - Wooden spoon

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 06:06 PM

Canada
Very interesting.
I will check in to find out the final results!

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Canada
So with the final round complete and the dust settling a new champion is crowned. With a decisive 2-0 victory, Mark Hickling has claimed the Tounrnament Champion. Also, after starting the second half down 2-0, Glenn Jones scores three TD's in the second half to avoid winning the Wooden Spoon (the only trophy he has never won) and leaving Peter Meers holding the proverbiale spoon.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 08:26 PM

Canada
The final standings are as follows:

1. Mark Hickling - Tournament Champion, Best Defence
2. Dan Chaput
3. Adam Jones
4. Colin Keillar - Best Offence
5. Manuel Leclerc
6. Glenn Jones - Most Violent, Toughest
7. Patrick Gilbert
8. Kevin Hentschel
9. Leathan Keillar
10. Peter Meers - Wooden Spoon

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Canada
Congrats to the victors, and thank you to all for coming out and helping out where needed. Had a blast watching some pretty intense and insane games. I am pleased with the way the kick-off table worked out, and hope everyone else found it as entertaining as I did.

Hopefully next year I am planning on switching this to a two-day tournament, if possible.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 08:56 PM

Undisclosed
Had a load of fun today, especially after my adventure to reach Mark's place through icy conditions and a couple of angry German Shepherds. Thanks to all of my opponents for some really tight games, and thanks to Mark and Andrea for hosting. Good food, good times and good company. Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to defending my title next year!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 09:06 PM

Canada
Very interesting.
Congrats mark and mark for victory and another successful event!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2011 - 08:22 AM

Canada
Thanks to Mark and Andrea for letting us invade your home for a day of great BB fun. Played against some big guns and came out witha 2nd place, I think the world is about to end now. Thanks to my 4 opponents (Peter,Colin,Adam,Leathan), always fun times. Congrats to Mark for winning it all. see you all soon.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2011 - 12:39 PM

Canada
Big thank you's go out to Mark and Andrea for hosting another awesome event. Had a great time and plenty of fun in all my games. Every game was closely contested and I thought I had this thing wrapped up after beating both Pat and Dan for the first time in tournament action (The Gnome was in favour of the GIANTS!!) Even in my last game against Mark, ended up being quite the epic battle of the Good Dwarves (me) versus the Evil Dwarves (Hickling) at one point in the first half it looked like "the good guys" were going to take over having KO'd the Minotaur, Crowd CAS a Bull Centaur, and stunned the other Bull Centaur. To Mark's credit he got a late casualty and found a crease up the middle to get a late TD at the end of his half. Bad news is it left me only 1 Turn that I had to field the Deathroller with (probably a huge turning point in our game)
In the second half I receive the kick-off and doesn't Mark roll a Blitz! putting early pressure on my possession. At this point I went back and secured ball possession and proceeded to do the typical Dwarf thing "Ground & Pound". The one problem was that "the Bad guys" started doing some serious damage knocking 4 dwarves off the pitch and leaving me with a tough decision. Press forward unprotected but only exposed to hobgoblins or try to contain with the fewer players I had left against a full roster (minus Bull Centaur and Chaos Dwarf). I chose to press forward and take my chances but Mark got back and knocked my ballcarrier down...the deciding factor here was he then beat his armour and stunned him leaving the ball on the sideline with 2 of his players on it against my now 1 runner who couldn't do much in return. I was unable to recover from this point on and he slowly progressed his way downfield as I tried more desperate plays to recover the ball but failed each time. Had 1 opportunity with a single die block near the end that would have given me a long bomb chance but the dwarves couldn't pull off the miracle this time around. Well done Hickling, congratulations on the hard fought victory.

See you all at a tourney soon

Adam

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic