NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 03:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This happened to me only yesterday rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KilowoggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Undisclosed
      DukeJan wrote:
I'll be arriving Thursday evening. Any tips on how to kill time until the tourney starts?

Fatfinley and I are coming in on Thursday too. We're hitting the Cubs' game friday afternoon. Other than that, Field Museum would be awesome, Navy Pier's fun... uh... hookers? I really don't know...

Reply with quote Back to top
Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2011 - 10:55 AM

United States of America
DukeJan, send a PM to Alkaline13 and tell him I sent ya. He may be looking to hang out during the day on Friday. I wont' be available on Friday but I will get to hang with everyone on Saturday night after Day 1 at Brick House!

Where are you staying at? Are you looking to see some stuff in Chicago? The tournament is actually in the suburbs outside of the city.

Also take a look at this forum where a few people are making plans to do stuff: http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=4783

DukeJanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2011 - 09:45 AM

Netherlands
I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn. I know its a suburb. Looking to do a bit of sight seeing, never been in Chicago before. Probably have some to do some work, but will have a couple of hours to kill.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2011 - 06:16 PM

United States of America
Are you renting a car?

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2011 - 09:04 PM

Aurora, IL, USA
I got your message. Feel free to email me or get back to me through PM. I'll help you find something to pass the time!

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2011 - 09:57 AM

United States of America
Chaos Cup 2011 is only a few days away at this point. The Chaos Cup Committee is kicking ass getting everything organized and ready to go. If anyone has any questions at this point, please let me know. If there are any last minute rosters that you want to send in, I am still accepting them. Send to chaoscupinfo@gmail.com

I've seen a ton of different rosters come in and there will be a lot of various races represented.

Everyone who attends gets 1 raffle ticket. You will get a bonus one if you pre-registered, and a bonus one if you had your roster checked via email beforehand.

There are tons of fun prizes up for raffle. Xtreme has his eye on the autographed Billy Mitchel (King of Kong fame) poster!

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2011 - 06:33 PM

United States of America
Someone recently asked me about stuff to do.... so figured I'd just post it here for others to use as well. This is only a fraction of things out there, but at least its a start!

Quote:

Friday is a Cubs game and I will be there if you feel like getting tickets too! Blood Bowl takes over Wrigley!

Other stuff you may want to check out...I threw some locations on there if you want to google map things out a bit.

-Lou Malnati's Pizza - the best pizza ever. in Schaumburg (On Roselle Rd), In Naperville (On Washington)
Those two locations are in the burbs (northern and southern respecivcely), so if you want good pizza without going into the city, try those. If you are already going into Chicago, then try one of their city locations http://www.loumalnatis.com/Locations/ Lincoln Park or the Loop.

-Johnny's Beef - best Italian beef around. Elmwood Park or Arlington Hts. WHen you are at Chaos Cup, there is a place Portillos right there that has pretty good beefs too. No cheese. Make sure to ask for it dipped.

-Kuma's Corner - on Belmont in Chicago. Heavy Metal themed burger joint. Its fucking amazing. Be prepared to wait awhile to get a table, but it is a pretty cool experience. http://www.kumascorner.com/

-Game Pazzo - I've never been here. I just recently heard about it. its a big video game place and bar. I heard its pretty cool, and it is pretty close to the bunker area in Downers Grove. http://gamepazzo.com/

- There is also a Dave and Busters in Addison (Swift Rd) and a Gameworks in Schaumburg (Higgins Rd) that offers tons of arcade, and other games and food and drinks

- If you are just planning on going downtown, I recommend getting to Lake Shore Drive. Its a fun drive just to sightsee. and it really spans the entire length of the city... when it splits off to Michigan Ave, take that to check out even more cool stuff. Also check out Navy Pier to walk around and have fun... Bubba Gump Shrimp is there, which is a cool restarant. Near Soldier Field is also the Field Museum, downtown is the Art Institute, and there are also some good comedy clubs like Zanies.... also in the north side you can check out Second City.... I took classes there earlier this year! But you should go for the real performers, not the dirtbags who think they are funny!

Hope that helps... just some ideas off the top of my head

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2011 - 10:47 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Chaos Cup in 72 hours!! Awesome. We'll be posting results, pics and coverage for Spike! shortly - just needed a quick breather. Hope you guys have a great weekend Jonny (wave to Bryan) and looking forward to hearing all about it.

I'm first in line for a Chaos Cup coin!! Have fun everybody - wish I was there.

Best regards,
Craig.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2011 - 07:20 AM

United States of America
Thanks Craig!

Safe travels to everyone coming into Chicago today!

KhailOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2011 - 10:55 AM

United States of America
Good luck all - wish I was there as well! One of these years I'll make it...

If you've got leftovers on the coins, I'd love to be put down for one as well.

Commissioner
Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 - 10:55 PM

Undisclosed
Chaos Cup virginity has been taken... sitting at 2-0-2. First tourney and undefeated! Until tomorrow anyway... Smile

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2011 - 06:36 PM

United States of America
1st place - Frank (3 time CC champ!)
2nd place - MacGruber
3rd place - Aron
Best Sportsman - Mike Green
Most Brutal - Xtreme
Best Offense - Tim Driscoll
Best Defense - Vanderby
Stunty Cup - Chance
Best Appearance - Jamie
Wooden Spoon - Postal Mike

56 coaches in attendance.... this makes it the LARGEST Chaos Cup ever! Next year, lets shoot for 75! Very Happy

Pictures and more info to follow in the coming days. Got some NAF signups to deal with, and find out which of these Skaven-Ger hunt pics are NOT too-hot-for-tv enough for general viewing!

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 - 05:04 AM

British Columbia, Canada
Awesome turnout Jonny!! Great job - and that makes 56 coaches for BOTH North American Majors this year. Very Happy Good stuff.

Congrats to Mike Green - took home a prize from both NA Majors this year! Sweet.

Gj.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 - 07:17 AM

United States of America
It was great meeting Mike and his wife. His beard is worthy of an appearance on the show Whisker Wars!

56 is the number to beat.... a little friendly competition to boost both our attendances next year!

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Undisclosed
Looking forward to next year already... next time I won't trust Scott(FatFinley) when it comes to when the hanging out starts. Hehe

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic