NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 26, 2024 - 12:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Talk Blood Bowl is down. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedfangOffline
Post subject: European Tournament for teams  PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 06:32 AM

More info:

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6383

In short: we are considering a tournament to determine the best European BB nations. The idea is that a team of, for instance, 8 coaches comes from each nation taking part, and that those coaches play matches against coaches from other nations. The winning nation will be the nation whose team collects the most points etc.

If you are interested in taking part in this tournament, get onto TBB (follow link) and let us know.

The first step we will take (Lucy and me, mostly) is to find out how many nations could actually show up with a team (empty spots can always be filled with Dutchies). Therefore we need to have contact with dedicated "Team Captains" who are willing to get a team of enthusiasts ready. It is easiest if you contact us through Talkbloodbowl, so that we have everything in one place.

A good location for the tournament is known in Amsterdam, and november is considered to be the right month for the event. Right now, we are already in contact with German and Belgian people. (and french too I think, and Brits of course) We do not (yet) have contact with spanish or italian coaches (a combined italian-spanish team, for instance, is a possibility) and neither with scandinavians/fins.

Cheers,

Redfang

PS Squiggoth, you can contact us with whatever bullshit you have to report through here Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 06:40 AM

So, a thread on TBB... How nice. Can't you just copy and paste everything to this site or kick TBB's webmaster's butt to repair his site or something like that?
By the way, you should think of the country you'd like to see losing and put me in there as a spare dutchie player (empty spots can always be filled with Worst Playing Dutchies Twisted Evil )

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 06:48 AM

We had long ago figured that out ourselves.

The reason we put it on TBB is that there we can organise and post stuff without all you spam. Here we can just ignore you Very Happy

R

GattolardoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 08:15 AM

Greetings from Italy, I know a few people who could be interested Smile

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 08:27 AM
Da Warboss

England
I'd love to do it, but couldnt make it outside of the UK... maybe sometime next year

then again, if it was over here... Wink

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 08:36 AM

England
Sounds good, but how will you decide who gets to play if more than 8 people from one country want to join up?

Top eight from a one off NAF sanctioned tournament, overall player rankings, who's got the most money?

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 08:46 AM
Da Warboss

England
perhaps there could be national heats to determine the best players, subdivided into regional level heats?

I'll volunteer for running some East Anglian heats, and I know I could get a fairly significant number of people interested from just the Cambridge store alone, never mind the big ones in norwich and ipswich.

this is sounding like a better idea by the minute

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 08:53 AM

England
How about a big national heat where the prize for the top eight is tickets, transport etc. to the European cup? It would, to a certain extent, remove money from the deciding factors.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 09:01 AM
Da Warboss

England
that would be the ideal situation, but where is the cash going to come from, apart from possibly entrance fees? I think it's worth looking into but sadly I doubt it will happen in real life...

NAF #60

AramilOffline
Post subject: Re: European Tournament for teams  PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 10:21 AM

Undisclosed
      Redfang wrote:
(a combined italian-spanish team, for instance, is a possibility)

Absolutely not! Shocked

Everybody knows that Italians do it better [you can change "it" with every type of sport/game/activity (expecially sexual ones Razz)], so it won't be useful for us to be "mixed" RazzRazzRazz

Personally, I'm interested: it would be wonderful... I'll talk with my girlfriend [she uses Orcs...] and some friends of mine... MicioGrasso [aka GattoLardo RazzRazzRazz], would you be one of us? Moonsong will be interested? Emilio and the other Italian guy?

We're 5 Italians here, it's not impossible to find 8 different-race teams interested in a trip in Holland Very Happy

Let's start talking about it!

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 02:19 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Well it sounds like it is a good idea all round. So what about a new section to this website with a map of your country with little marks (stars / asterix / or whatever) in the main areas where there are NAF members.

Now do not panic, no personal info would be given away. But it would mean that you could launch a number of new 'rooms' (lack of a better term I'm afraid, computers are a bit new to me still). These rooms would be so 'local NAF members' could e-mail each other, agree a place of meeting - a local GW would be ideal if there is one - and take it from there.

Like a room / area here called ITALIAN COACHES: and then a map of Italy with an asterix or star to mark every NAF member and roughly where in the country they are, no address just a rough area like: OLLEGGIO, BORGOFORTE (MANTOVA) etc....

It may come to nothing, but I know that if I knew there were 15 other offical NAF'ers within travel distance I would do my level best to play one offs and I would be very interested in a league....

Just an idea of how we could use this wonderfull resource (the website) to further Bloodbowl gaming Smile

Last edited by dwarfcoach on May 22, 2003 - 02:31 PM; edited 1 time in total

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 02:21 PM

(I'm in Worcester in the Midlands by the way, any local coaches feel free to messege me here at the NAF as I'd love to know how many 'locals' from the 'shire we have....)

Last edited by dwarfcoach on May 22, 2003 - 02:26 PM; edited 1 time in total

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2003 - 02:24 PM

.... Oh yeah, so why was all this typed here???

It would give every coach a great idea of how many peeps are in your country, and if alot how many are local. I would be more than happy to get involved in 'regionals' and it would be a great organising point for future events and to encourage the sceptical that it is another good reason to join up with the NAF!!! Laughing

emilio68itOffline
Post subject: Re: European Tournament for teams  PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 12:56 AM

I'm interested!!!!!!! Very Happy

Aramil wrote:
      Redfang wrote:
(a combined italian-spanish team, for instance, is a possibility)

Absolutely not! Shocked

Everybody knows that Italians do it better [you can change "it" with every type of sport/game/activity (expecially sexual ones Razz)], so it won't be useful for us to be "mixed" RazzRazzRazz

Personally, I'm interested: it would be wonderful... I'll talk with my girlfriend [she uses Orcs...] and some friends of mine... MicioGrasso [aka GattoLardo RazzRazzRazz], would you be one of us? Moonsong will be interested? Emilio and the other Italian guy?

We're 5 Italians here, it's not impossible to find 8 different-race teams interested in a trip in Holland Very Happy

Let's start talking about it!

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2003 - 01:45 AM

About determining who plays: I think the best thing to do for organising something like this is to find a contact person/team captain in each country willing to take part. This "team captain" can then determine in any way he sees fit who plays for his team/country.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic