NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 11:39 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Boot to the head. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GColeman76Offline
Post subject: Just tell me why!  PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 02:36 PM

Undisclosed
This is not personal but,

1.) This year new Ogre models were released, so everyone went out and bought them obviously because (A) nice models and (B) the big guy least likely to get things wrong, now Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling and Orc teams are told you can't use them. Also in the case of Orcs, Goblins and Halflings who have the option of another big guy everyone will of course go out and buy the big guys they need, well done BBRC you've made GW/Citadel a load of money.

2.) JJ is always going on about charater in his games, but depriving Goblins, and Orcs to a lesser extent, of Ogres is not in charater with the background.

3.) Finally if Goblin teams can't have Ogres how can Ogre teams have Goblins, SORT IT OUT BBRC!

Sorry Chet not having a go. Thanks in advance for any replies guys. Tell me what you think of my rant.

I think.............

Reply with quote Back to top
ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 03:42 PM

Personally I think it's great that Ogre access is restricted cos I'm sick of seeing them.

Perhaps if bonehead was made worse the problem would have been less apparent but there was plenty of people wanting access to ogres restricted. No way the BBRC can please everyone but I do think it's better for the game in the long run.

For the record I havn't bought any of the new Ogre figures yet, but I do have at least three older ones that won't get used now.

Boom! He's on his back!

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 03:44 PM

It was the community that asked the BBRC to remove the ogres from those teams. It was a bit boring seeing ogres used for every race. Now those 4 teams have to use players that are more in character with the teams (treemen, trolls and nothing big for a race that loves to slay anything bigger than a human).

Also, we already knew by the time the ogres were released that there would be a good chance of them being removed from many teams. If you went out and bought one anyway, you only have yourself to blame!

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 03:57 PM

Agree with Zombie except for one thing. Those of us who are forum regulars may have known this, but there are other (maybe less obsessive Smile ) players who might not.

Not casting any blame as I can see no good way round this and I think the decision was right but I can understand players feeling a bit miffed if they had no idea this was coming.

Boom! He's on his back!

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 04:33 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Actually yah ... you cannot blame the BBRC at all. I was one of the people at the front of the line asking that they be removed from the 4 teams that they were taken from. Definitely a move supported by the online folks ... (okay the Dwarf one is a fight but the other 3 were pretty uniamious)

Galak

GColeman76Offline
Post subject: But....  PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 06:37 PM

Undisclosed
what about points 2 & 3 that I made ?

Any opinions about that?

I think.............

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 08:04 PM

I've already answered point 2. Trolls and treemen are more in character with those teams, and the whole point of removing ogres was to force them to hire those. And character wise, dwarves hate all big guys.

Point 3, well, nobody likes the ogre team anyway, and since it's still not official, it can still change a lot. There may not even be any goblins in the final version for all we know at this point.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: But....  PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 09:21 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

gavrad76 wrote:
what about points 2 & 3 that I made ?

I'll field this one. See I'm a massive fan of the fluff and history of this game ... soooo I took points 2 and 3 and decided to research them tonight.

Actually ... there is no mention in any pictures or fluff about Ogres playing for Goblin or Orc teams. The only picture I could find was Morg playing for an Orc team and he's a mercenary star. His normal team he played for was usually the Chaos All-Stars.

The only specific mention I could find of Ogres interacting with another race outside of Morg in the fluff was that the Oldheim Ogre roster was composed of 6 Ogres and 4 Goblins.

IE the only support that I can find in the fluff and pictures IS for Goblins on Ogre teams ... not Ogres on Orc teams or Goblin teams. Thus, if you are viewing the fluff ... the fix just made in this rules review makes it right. That's my comment to points 2 and 3.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 09:22 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie69 wrote:
Point 3, well, nobody likes the ogre team anyway

I love it when you talk in generals Zombie. I like the Ogre team very much thank you. Very Happy I play one in the MBBL currently and plan on continuing to play a new one with the new roster in Season 3 of that league as well.

Galak

GColeman76Offline
Post subject: Well balanced replies chaps however...  PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 02:24 AM

Undisclosed
We still can not escape the fact that anyone who is not a regular on this or one of the other major BB sites will not have realised these pending changes to All these teams. In fact a fellow NAF member actually bought a Ogre for his Dwarf Team, (Although we did warn him at the time).

Also if Goblins are possibly going to taken away from the Ogre team the Ogre thrower model (with Goblin) will be obsolete,which is a great model. Question

I know about the Ogre team fluff ever since the original cardboard pitch blood bowl, however the fluff does say that the stupid ogres can only really perform when they have some cunning Goblins in their team, well obviously these Gobbos are cunning enough to have an Ogre in their employ but will still welcome with open arms a Troll who may eat them!!!
This aside I really like Trolls Orc . But the principal I believe is still sound.

I think.............

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 07:27 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

There are really only 2 Ogres teams at this point even being considered to become official. They both have Goblins on them, so ignore Zombie's comment about the final Ogre team not having Goblins. He was correct in that statement in only the most hypothecital of ways.

Galak

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:09 PM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Zombie69 wrote:
Point 3, well, nobody likes the ogre team anyway

I love it when you talk in generals Zombie. I like the Ogre team very much thank you. Very Happy I play one in the MBBL currently and plan on continuing to play a new one with the new roster in Season 3 of that league as well.

Galak

Yeah, but you don't like the current experimental ogre team! That's the team i'm talking about! Razz

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:58 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie69 wrote:
Yeah, but you don't like the current experimental ogre team! That's the team i'm talking about! Razz

Very Happy Okay ... you got me there. Its not my favorite, but I am willing to give it a try before declaring it wrong. Two things have changes. With Pro now a trait and Piling On not being a great skill for Ogres my thoughts on the 12/6 have changed dramatically in the last week ... these two changes really change the sheer punching power of the team.

Also JJ may have changed his mind. BB is divided mentally speaking into three sets of teams: Competitive, Challenging, and Joke. Halflings and Goblins are Joke. The Vampire and Khemri teams were meant to be Challenging. NOW, when the Ogre team first came out JJ said it should fall in the Joke category (still have the email) ... however time may have him shifting and wanting the team in the Challenging category. When the teams goes in the playtest vault if he reveals that he shooting for the Challenging then I like the 12/6 roster more with the other RR changes as being what perhaps the end product needs to be. However, if he still says Joke ... I have severe doubts that the 12/6 roster is Joke category. The Ogre #2 roster definitely is Joke Category and I still enjoyed playing it this last season of the MBBL. So I'll wait and see JJ's verdict on which of the 3 categories it is supposed to be before I can draw my initial thoughts.

Galak

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 07:25 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I still wish Goblins were 0-4. What kind of Ogre coach wants those lil things running around?

Seriously though I just wish there was an offical roster so I could start playing it.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 08:29 PM

Regarding some of the original post and Xtreme's last request: If you want to house rule them, just do so!

Regarding the Goblin-throwing Ogre: It's a near certainty that an official Ogre team will have Goblins on it. If you coach a Goblin team and you have a "thing" for that model, I suggest either that you take the arm and mold it onto a Troll or that you use the model anyway as a Troll.

Regarding the rest of it: I mostly agree with Tom.

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic