NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 09:34 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That's ok - he has Regenerate. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Might be a stooooopid Questions, but.............  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2003 - 06:01 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
1) Ok after you toss an incomplete pass, you scatter the ball three times to see where it was actually thrown. If it ends up in an empty square does it bounce?

2) If you atempt to catch catch a pass, & fail & the ball scatters one square, if it enters an empty square does it bounce as well?

3) So basically the ball if lands on an open square for any reason at all, it will bounce one more time?

I have only played that it bounced from kicks & Throw Ins. (I think maybe I may have messed up, all these years Embarassed )

Thanks in advance
Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
BevanOffline
Post subject: Extra Bounce  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2003 - 07:18 PM

BB_Bandits wrote:
1) Ok after you toss an incomplete pass, you scatter the ball three times to see where it was actually thrown. If it ends up in an empty square does it bounce?

2) If you atempt to catch catch a pass, & fail & the ball scatters one square, if it enters an empty square does it bounce as well?

3) So basically the ball if lands on an open square for any reason at all, it will bounce one more time?

I have only played that it bounced from kicks & Throw Ins. (I think maybe I may have messed up, all these years Embarassed )

Thanks in advance
Rod

If the ball lands in an empty square it does an extra bounce after a Kick, Throw-in or Pass. It never does an extra scatter from an empty square after scattering for other reasons.

The easy way to remember this is that if the ball has travelled a long way to get to the square, it will scatter from an empty square, whereas if it came from the adjacent square it just stays on the ground. Otherwise it would never stop scattering until it landed on someone. Rolling Eyes

Of course it will still make the extra bounce after any pass, including a one square pass, so my rule of thumb isn't operfect, but that's just to keep the rules consistent. Smile

DeathwingOffline
Post subject: Re: Might be a stooooopid Questions, but.............  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2003 - 07:18 PM
Former President

England
      BB_Bandits wrote:

Thanks in advance
Rod

1) Yes

2) No

3) No. If it's travelled any distance through the air (kicks, throw-ins or incomplete passes ) then it will bounce if it lands in an empty square.
If it comes off a player (fumble, failed pick up, failed catch, prone, ball carrier knocked down, ball stripped etc) then it comes to rest as soon as it lands in an empty square.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: ok  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2003 - 08:13 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
ok, ty, not only have i been playing wrong, but i've been teaching wrong as well.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2003 - 03:24 PM

Toronto, ON
That's OK, I only learned last year that you don't need to Go For It to foul Smile

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2003 - 07:07 PM

Isn't it amazing how you can miss-read something then play it wrong for years without noticing.

We played right up until the LRB came out that Dirty Player added +2 to the foul without realising we could also add the +1 for fouling to the roll too.

Boom! He's on his back!

jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2003 - 04:35 AM

Apedog, you shouldn't have told that... It was a secret Cool

BloodBowlCommishOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 11:59 AM

Or never realizing until you look up a ruling that there is in fact a time limit on turns too...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 04:52 AM

Strange... Time? What is that? Is it something that get's wasted while playing BB? Rolling Eyes

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic