NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 05:16 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Dark Elf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
yarrick1imperialOffline
Post subject: That Boys got talent Question again  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2004 - 07:32 PM

if somebody rolls "That Boys got talent" on the handicap table, can they take big guys for the match?
if they don't have one already, as it states under big guys in the LRB that "Big Guys are now included in the game as "normal players" All of the rules that apply to other players apply to big guys also, except where specifically modified.

it also states that you can only ever have one big guy except for goblins and halflings they can have 2.

Also what about your normal players, can you also include another blitzer if you already have 4?

help would be very grateful.

cheers yarrick1imperial Shocked

Reply with quote Back to top
CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 05:22 AM

As far as I understand it, no, you cannot take a Big Guy. They are not on the actual roster. They are allied players. TBGT specifially states that you can take any player from the basic team roster.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 06:15 AM

They're not on the roster. You can't take them.

-Chet

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: ok?  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 08:11 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
ok, great no big guys, fine, but what about the other question? For example I mostly play Skaven, if I already have 2 Storm Vermin, could I on this handicap result take a 3rd Storm Vermin?[/quote]

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 04:19 AM

England
I don't think it's particularly clear on this one, but I would say that you were still limited to the normal number of each position player. So in the example above you could not have a third Storm Vermin.

I would not allow someone to hire a third Storm Vermin as a freebooter, so I see no reason to allow it for TBGT.

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 05:02 AM

on the other hand the text says add one player at any one position, thus giving no limitation like a free roster spot or staying within the limits of your team list. Further, it is explicitly stated that you may have a 17th player that way, which is not possible with any freebooter either.

Thus, I would rather say you may have a third storm vermin for this match only (hey, the handicap table is weak enough; give the other team something useful to work with; and it could be much worse than a third storm vermin). Confused

Sputnik

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 05:46 AM

United States of America
You can freeboot above the normal limit, so I think this would kind of be like a FREEfreebooter Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

yarrick1imperialOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 10:13 AM

I Agree with Mordredd, i still think you should stay with in the guide lines of 0-2 storm vermin if you already have 2, as for the 17th player to the team roster the only reason you can have a 17th player is becasuse it says you can, if you do take a extra storm vermin then its over stepping the 0-2 storm vermin even if it is only for one game.

I play skaven also and i think that if your position players are full then there is no way that you should be able to go over that number, it just feels wrong, but you can always get a free line rat for the game.

I just feel that the guidelines are fixed and you should respect them.

its a hard one, it ticks me off sometimes when no matter how hard you look you just can't find the right answer to the question, so many grey areas in BB.
Mad

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 10:37 AM

England
The text makes it quite clear that you can choose from any position available to your team. This does not then mean that you are free to exceed your limits. The LRB does not say that you can exceed the limits via freebooting either. Although equally it doesn't say you cannot.

I imagine that the allowing of a 17th player is to prevent the handicap roll being wasted on a team with a full roster. You may be happy with the idea of a 3rd Storm Vermin, but would you like to see a 5th Mummy, 7th Saurus or a 3rd Bull Centaur?

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 02:12 PM

Undisclosed
I'm pretty sure that this was clarified somewhere, that yes, it meant you could take a posistional player beyond the normal limit. Damned if I can find it though Evil or Very Mad

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 03:49 PM

The handicap result in question was based upon the old Grab Bag card "Ringer." It's worded clearly enough - you can take a 3rd Mummy, 5th BOB, 3rd Thro-Ra, whatever.

-Chet

yarrick1imperialOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 23, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Chet, just needed clearing up, i did'nt really understand the rule it does say ANY postion player but the 0-2 Storm Vermin kinda left me stunned as to can you, or can't you?
Ta for that

Cheers Jas

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic