NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 01:54 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Chaos team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject: Need Help w\Khemri  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 11:15 AM

I have played 4 games into my league and I need help. I have lost every game so far and of the 4 games I have a grand total of 2 Touchdowns. Over 20 CAS but I can not score worth squat.
Here is my Current Lignup.
1. Mummy 1 (Regenerate, Mighty Blow) (Block, AG2)
2. Mummy 2 (Regenerate, Mighty Blow)(Block, Diving Tackle)
3. Mummy 3 (Regenerate, Mighty Blow)(Multiple Block, Piling On, Str6)
4. Mummy 4 (Regenerate, Mighty Blow)(niggling)
5. Blitz Ra (Regenerate, Block)
6. Blitz Ra (Regenerate, Block)
7. Throw Ra (Regenerate, Sure Hands, Pass)(Dodge)
8. Throw Ra (Regenerate, Sure Hands, Pass)(Acurate)
9. Skeleton (Regenerate)(Guard)
10. Skeleton (Regenerate)(Ag3, Catch)
11. Skeleton (Regenerate)(Dirty Player) Never made it through an entire game. Smile Always gets kicked out. Smile
12. Skeleton(Regenerate)
13. Skeleton (Regenerate)
14 .Skeleton (Regenerate)

What advice can you help. I have really been pushing my skeletons to get skills so I can do SOME sort of passing game but you all know Khemri. They suck at it. Smile
Usual tactics are: Mummies stand the LOS with the Guard Skeleton. Skeleton 10 JUST got catch so he will now be doing everything he can to get down field as FAST as he can.
Blitz Ra always split up to each outer edge with a skeleton and the two Throw Ras sit to the back to go for the ball.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2004 - 11:56 AM

England
I would suggest you relegate your usual tactics to the last 2-3 turns of the half when you don't have much time to score. You don't seem to be having any trouble hurting your opposition (your only real strength with this team) so use it to your advantage. Even with accurate and an AG 3/catch Skeleton your passing game is going to be far from impressive.

When receiving form a cage incorporating the entire team, with the ball carrying Thro-Ra in the centre and the Mummies occupying the corners. Drive down either one flank or the centre, and take 8 turns to score. Hopefully this will give you one half where you score and your opponent does not.

When you kick you must choose whether to force your opponent to score quickly or prevent him from scoring at all.

If you received in the first half and got rid of a significant amount of the oppositions players then you could attack aggressively. Try to surround the survivors and beat them until the ball pops free. Make sure that you spread yourself across the width of the field so there will be no soft spots in your defence. Also, remember that your team is so slow that you may have to set up quite deep to avoid finding yourself unable to run back to cover the opposition catchers. 3 Mummies on the LOS should be enough, don't let your opponent get too many free blocks in his first turn.

The alternative is to set up a weak defence that your opponent can easily get through. You need to make sure that you can threaten to sack his ball carrier right away and present him with a choice. Delay scoring and take big casualties and risk losing the ball, or score now and give you 5-6 turns to score yourself.

GrasshopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 09:40 AM

United States of America
How the F did you get all those addtional skills on the Mummies (never mind the others) after only 4 games and losing all 4?...

GrasshopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 09:46 AM

United States of America
How the F did you get all those addtional skills on the Mummies (never mind the others) after only 4 games and losing all 4?...

YetiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 11:02 AM

Undisclosed

I agree 100% with Mordredd. If you are playing with such slow team, you have to controll the time of the match.

Khemry = Blood Bowl Controll

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 03:14 PM

Grasshopper wrote:

First Off We play the older version. I beleive its 3.0. Where you have to draw cards.

I started the league late and most the others were 50+ points ahead on Team Rating. So On average I was getting a Bonus +2 Cards and +2 MVPs. I beleive after 4 games I have a total of 9 MVPs. Plus each of the 3 main mummies have anywhere from 5-6 Casualties over 6 games.
#3 has 6 Casualties and 3 MVPs.

Also I have gotten lucky and drawn the BIG GAME card 3 of the 4 games. This allows BOTH players at the end of the game to roll 2 dice to see how much money you take home instead of 1. One of the games I rolled double 6s and had a +3.

Just bought a Reroll straight out. I have not been winning but I have brought the pain on my opponenants. 3rd game the guy had only 1 man left on the field at like 6 turn of the second half. He called the game and would not let me score. Sad Said he could do that without a pitch invasion since he was under 3 players.

I have only been able to score twice out of the last 4 games but that will change now since I have actually gotten some experiance.

I am currently at 152 and I am playing a Human player tonight who is 175.

Also the tournament organizer let me remove the ag 2 from the mummy and give him a standard skill. He got Tackle.

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 01:30 AM

Quote:
I have played 4 games into my league and I need help. I have lost every game so far and of the 4 games I have a grand total of 2 Touchdowns

Quote:
I started the league late and most the others were 50+ points ahead on Team Rating. So On average I was getting a Bonus +2 Cards and +2 MVPs. I

Shocked

And you wonder why you lost every game when the other teams are 50+ ahead???? Shocked Exclamation

On the other hand, two bonus cards should have helped you somehow! Did you only go for random event cards? Any house rules on that? Two bonus cards may be enough to beat every team, especially if you can additionally get the oppontents players out with your mummies, which didn't seem to be a problem.... Confused

First analysis looks like you didn't protect your ball carrier well enough and you didn't make use of the cards enough...any thruth in there?

Sputnik

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 05:19 AM

England
      Quote:
He called the game and would not let me score. Said he could do that without a pitch invasion since he was under 3 players.

I don't recall there being anything in 3rd Ed. that allowed you to do that. In my league we always made people play on, although I suppose that whole area was really total House Rule territory.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 08:46 AM

Correct it might be my lack of experiance with the Cards. however most the cards I have been drawing have not really been helpfull in game.

First game I played I got Flu bug but he had a full roster so no much help there.
I have gotten BIG game 3 times now and my Money situation has been very good. Full Roster now with 4 rerolls. Nothing left in the bank but hey, do I want to leave anything in there for someone to steal. Others have been things like Pop the ball.
I got the one last night where I can choose to let 1 player go twice and I set it up on a mummy but as soon as I played the card his wizard threw a Fireball knocking the player down. Wasting the card

I normally watch my opponenant draw first.
I always to 1 Item (which I do not know if this is a house rule but you are only allowed 1 item( and the rest in Random events.) If the other guy chooses Dirty Player cards then I might take one or two of them.

Actually I do think I have been doing decent I mean in 5 games I have 28 Casualties. (Got 5 more in a game last night) NONE of them were mummies. Go figure. he stayed away from them all night.

As far as him allowing to quit I do not know. He had only scored once and I was about to score when he was at 1 player when he called the game. So it gave him the win since he was 1-0. Sad i was mad about that but that just means next season I will be a little more ruthless. Smile

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 09:21 AM

England
So let me get this straight. Your opponent stopped play during a drive when you were just about to score because he only had 1 player left? That is not between drives, i.e. after a half ends or someone has scored, but during?

If that is the case he definitely cheated. Yes, that's the word. CHEATED Evil or Very Mad ! You can quit between drives, although this was not an option in 3rd Ed., but even if you have no players left you have to continue to play until the current drive ends. You just have very short turns Twisted Evil .

As for the magic item cards, it is not a house rule. They were meant to be rare so were restricted to 1 per game.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 12:38 PM

So he could not have quit till the next Kickoff? Bummer, Guess I could have at least pulled a draw. I tried arguing that if he forfiets I get the win but he said he had scored and I hadn't and I am not familiar with the old rules so I thought it was one of those I did not know. I do not like to argue a lot so I jsut said OK. Does not matter I have lost 5 of 5 games. just wait till next season when I play even games and My Multi-Block, Piling on, Jump up Mummy starts kicking their butts. Smile

Smile

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 02:56 PM

He could not have quit until next kickoff, and in any case quitting gives you a win, not a draw or a loss! It doesn't matter if he's leading 6-0, if he decides to call it a game, he loses. This is so obvious that he must have known about this.

Your whole league sounds pretty bad. I suggest you quit the league and join a more serious, living rule book league.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 - 04:08 AM

England
I think I agree with Zombie here, but do 2 things first.

1) Try to persuade them to take up the LRB, it is a better rules set. I know you like the variation that the old cards bring so house rule them back in. I would suggest using the new table to work out how many, and perhaps allow 1 card for each team regardless of handicap. (I.e. if there is a handicap of 2 then the lower TR team gets 3 cards and the higher TR team gets 1). Also talk to the league commissioner about the behaviour of some of the other coaches.

2) If they won't take it then start to look for a new league, but try to find a good one before you quit your current one. It would be a shame to walk out only to find there's nowhere to go. Try the coach locator or ask around on the forums.

Mr.MagooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 - 07:52 AM

Why do you guys say that? Just curious.

I had one bad incident with one guy and now the whole group is bad? They are actually a good group of guys who think the old rules are much better. I really do not care about which set of rules to play as long as the whole league is playing the same set of rules.

So the one guy pulled a fast one on me. I will get him back next season. He is sitting at like 12 players. I play Tomb Kings meaning I have 16 players. Guess what that means. I can lose 4 Skeletons to Fouling before I give a care. Smile Especially when 2 of them have Dirty Player.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 30, 2004 - 01:31 PM

Get dirty player on ALL your skeletons. And foul every single turn. That set of rule you're playing with is broken. Show them how.

That's why you need to play with the LRB.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic