NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 02:46 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Ribs! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flynthornOffline
Post subject: A question or two about a norse team.  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2004 - 09:50 PM

Hello

I have a quandry about starting up a norse team, the two variants i am thinking about playing are as follows, i would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

1. 8 linemen, 1 catcher, 1 thrower, 1 blitzer, 4 ReRolls, 8 fan factor & a apothocary

2. same line up but with a minotaur rookie big guy , 3 rr and no apothocary Confused Confused Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 02:19 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd recommend either 12 players or 11 and a BG. IMO the Ogre is much better than the Mino (he's a much better punishment absorber) - but if you are playing the new WA rules then the Mino may be better because he'll never lose TZ.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 03:18 PM

I like the first roster but i'd like it better with 9 FF. Starting with an apothecary is better than starting with 12 players.

Personnally though, my favorite contains neither the apothecary nor the 12th player:

8 linemen
1 thrower
2 catchers
5 rerolls
9 fan factor

I like to have lots of rerolls! If 5 rerolls is more than you think you'll need, than the following is great:

8 linemen
3 blitzers
4 rerolls
9 fan factor

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Undisclosed
I start 3 Blitzers, 1 thrower, 2 Catchers, 5 Linemen, 3 RR and FF9. Apoth, 4th Blitzer, Thrower, Ogre, 4th rr and linos are my normal list of purchases.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

flynthornOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 09:47 PM

Thanks so far, i was planning to use the minotaur mainly because 2 other coaches in out league are planning to use vampyre teams, going against that amount of undead. I think that the minotaur would be useful at least for blitzing, long as they cooperate.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 10:27 PM

Undisclosed
f you want to use the mino, get your group to gree to the WA wording that's goig to be in the LRB 3.0 (4+ to do anything, +2 bonus to Block/Blitz, no roll to unstun).

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

flynthornOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 17, 2004 - 07:42 AM

Darkson wrote:
f you want to use the mino, get your group to gree to the WA wording that's goig to be in the LRB 3.0 (4+ to do anything, +2 bonus to Block/Blitz, no roll to unstun).
We are using a mix of 3 & 4.0 rules, and if i rember correctly that is the rules we are going to be using. Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic