NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 12:11 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Everyone surround the Rat Ogre. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Scattered Ball/Turn Over Question  PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 - 05:26 PM

Undisclosed
I'm pretty sure that I have the answer to this, but I want to get some feedback on something that happened in a game that I played today.

I blitzed the opponent's ball carrier, and knocked the ball loose. Pow So far so good...my plan was then to have my catcher pick-up the ball and run for pay dirt.

Problem is that the ball scattered right back to the Blitzer...and he failed to grab it. It further scattered to an empty square and stopped there.

Is this a turn-over, or can my catcher then attempt to grab the ball on his way to glory? Furthermore...if this is not a TO...can the blitzer continue his move and possibly make another attempt at the ball if I decided to have him try that?

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
GrettelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 - 05:55 PM

It's not a turnover. Both your catcher and blitzer ( or anyone else for that matter) can make a grab for the ball.

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Failure to catch a scattered or bouncing ball is not a turnover. Grettel is right, if you still have movement left on the Blitzer, you can move him into the square with the ball and attempt to pick it up.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2004 - 01:08 PM

Canada
Though, if your Blitzer tries to pick up the ball during the rest of his move and fail, it is then a turnover.

Fred

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic